Reinhardt's shield up-time is still half of Orisa's

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 15 Next
A few days ago i played a COMP and got 70k block with orisa. The best rein i ever seen got about 50k...
Rein does need a buff, but not to be equal to Orisa.

Rein has the advantage of having a mobile shield, while Orisa shield is ONLY deployable.
I think just removing the cooldown after you stop using the shield would be enought of a buff to go along.
01/09/2018 03:55 AMPosted by LeBoLambBaa
So in summary

Rein’s strength is mobile shield, weaknesses are shorter shield uptime and passiveness while shielding (not doing damage)

Orisa’s strengths are longer shield uptime and ability to do damage while shielding, while her only weakness is less mobility.

When comparing Rein’s only strength to Orisa’s only weakness, Rein is looking very underwhelming. Mobility is not an important aspect in this current stagnant spam meta on ladder, especially on defence where mobility is almost negligible (that’s why we see Orisa-Hog)

People who think Orisa's not as mobile as rein are not playing orisa right. That insane uptime on her shield allows her to continually replace it in new locations. Orisa is in fact a more mobile shield than rein at this point as rein has to slow down his walking speed and his shield is gone and regenerating while Orisa has placed her shield down two or three times and moved farther in than the rein was able to.
I honestly think that Orisa could use a bit of a CD bump on her shield. She is somewhat frustrating to play against and Unlike rein who is pretty easy to deal with in terms of buring the shield, she is rather difficult.
01/09/2018 07:34 AMPosted by Kinal
I'm not a Rein main, so any of you out there feel free to criticize the living hell out of my ideas.
I think Reinhardt's biggest problem, as I'm sure many others do, is his shield's recharge function. You've got to have it down for at least 2 seconds before it starts recharging, and when it finally does start to recharge, it does so very slowly. As for this, I think Rein's shield should receive a small recharge rate increase, and that the shield should be able to recharge while it's up after the same 2 second delay.
Or remove the delay while it's down, and forego recharging while the barrier is up. Also, the time it takes for Rein to go from shield up to shield down could be shortened, just as a QoL buff.
Moreover, Reinhardt is useless at any range outside of 5m. Fire Strike is very easy to see coming, and its start-up animation is very noticeable. Plus, you've got to put your barrier down to use it. While slamming a fire strike into an enemy formation can disrupt it pretty easily, nobody wants to take 100 damage, or charge your ultimate pretty quickly depending on how many (if any) targets you hit. However, The speed of the projectile simply makes it unreliable to charge ult, and if the enemy team has a healer they can typically undo any damage you've inflicted and maybe even get more ult charge out of it. Fir Strike, imo, is the worst part of Rein's kit, as it directly contradicts his Close-Range play style. I can only think to change it to something else, something that would better fit his play style of close team-coordination, maybe even a disrupt that pushes enemies back and stuns them, like the shield bash that I've seen suggested a lot, or in order to keep his barrier power limited, he puts the barrier down and uses his hammer to shove enemies back.
Next, the charge. Reinhardt's charge feels wrong to use. There's that meme from a little back that Rein's charge means instant death, and in a way, it does. Reinhardt is completely defenseless while charging, and you can't cancel it, so one wrong move means you get destroyed, or charge off a cliff, and the rest of your team is almost guaranteed to get obliterated. It would be cool to see Rein able to cancel his charge. Also, it would be cool if some kind of area would form around rein when he charged, which would act as another way to break enemy formations and push them away, like how when you don't dead-center an enemy, they go flying.
The Rocket hammer is fine imo. Would be cool to see an ability where Rein does a neat spin and knocks enemies away.
And finally, Earthshatter. Right now, Earthshatter can only climb and affect enemies 2m off the ground. From experience and other replies, this means you can't hit double-jumping Genjis, or enemies who are standing on the payload, which, to me, is ridiculous. Revert Earthshatter to a 3m height, and maybe widen the effect of the ult, just to make it a bit easier to use effectively.

Tl;dr
-Revert Earthshatter
-Change or replace Fire Strike to better accommodate Rein's Close-Range tactics and play style.
-Barrier Recharge delay is lessened or removed; barrier recharges faster; Bringing up the barrier and putting it down takes less time
-Charge is cancellable and can be easier used to push enemies back so as not to screw your entire team and can be used to disrupt enemy teams

Again, feel free to tear these ideas to shreds, I'd love to see some feedback.

Don't take away my fire strike! the moment you fire strike a pharah out of the sky or if you're lucky and get the pharah and mercy is pure bless. I would hate to lose that for any buff to rein.
01/09/2018 03:34 PMPosted by SirNaysmithe
I honestly think that Orisa could use a bit of a CD bump on her shield. She is somewhat frustrating to play against and Unlike rein who is pretty easy to deal with in terms of buring the shield, she is rather difficult.
that's how a shield tank is suppose to be. Rein is weak and orisa is good. Don't nerf the good to make the weak look okay.
Except Rein can redeploy his shield at will and move it around. Orisa can't.
Rein is stronger in my opinion, you are just playing it dumb adn trying to break Orisa shield when that is her strong side, what you need to do is make team push and Orisa is toasted, when Reinhardt can keep his ground in close combat.
01/09/2018 03:54 PMPosted by PureRogue
Rein is stronger in my opinion, you are just playing it dumb adn trying to break Orisa shield when that is her strong side, what you need to do is make team push and Orisa is toasted, when Reinhardt can keep his ground in close combat.

So 75 damage melee swings from a character with no mobility is supposed to be threatening? Almost every hero in the game can escape his swings. Orisa is better.
as someone who has close to the same amount of time on rein and orisa it is orisa who is stronger. Damage output and damage block both go to her not to mention she's not as immobile as people want to pretend. You just push in slightly differently but you can honestly push harder and faster with orisa than rein usually because her shield is more forgiving to teammates not being right up your !@# as you push in.
Reinhardt to me has always been two halves of a whole.

One half is a gigantic mobile shield, the other is the most dangerous melee fighter in the game.

Reinhardt to me has always been two halves of a whole.

One half is a gigantic mobile shield, the other is the most dangerous melee fighter in the game.

[/quote]

as someone with time on both rein and doomfist I can promise you rein isn't the most dangerous melee fighter in the game. .. unless you don't count doomfist as a melee than yes you're correct.
01/09/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Maffis

So 75 damage melee swings from a character with no mobility is supposed to be threatening? Almost every hero in the game can escape his swings. Orisa is better.
Hey if you say so , still all Orisas I see are bad compared to reins I get in my team and get to face.I think to many people think that she is better pick , still have not seen proof of it,
I think it'd be better to nerf Orisa than to buff Reinhardt. If Rein's barrier got buffed, then I'd fear for the emergence of a barrier meta.
Unquestionably Orisa is in a great spot currently. However, if you want discuss character-balances you would have to esteem those compared heroes as a whole. Picking one ability from their kit alone is no valid comparison to make a decent point.
I still prefer Rein over Orisa in most situations. Once Orisa puts down her barrier it's stuck in place. If the enemy team can maneuver around it or plow through it while the skill is on cool down then Orisa ain't holding any defense.

And as Rein, it's better to conserve your shield a bit and let yourself take some of that damage so that your healers can charge their ults faster by healing you. If anything Rein could benefit from having his shield regen start just a little bit sooner.
As someone who used to main Rein, I think his issue is more a problem with the meta itself than his individual skillset. Truth is that he needs heroes like Soldier and McCree to back him up and only on certain maps is it ever better than Orisa- namely koth maps. Also, Ana hasn't been as popular and she's a great healer for Rein thanks to her range and heal grenade. On top of that, dive/flankers on your team and the enemy team kind of makes your shield feel pointless.

So why is Orisa better? Because one of the best uses of shields is some type of turtling and Orisa is still best at that. Want to do a pirate ship? Orisa is better. Want to turtle on the point with a Bastion/Torb? Orisa is better. That really only leave Koth maps for Rein and even then he's often worse than grabbing a D.Va/Winston/Roadhog.

-I actually think an Ana buff would help Rein more than a shield buff. His main issue for me is that he needs a devoted healer to focus him and Ana is really the best for the job.
Let's not let this post die, Crusaders!
For Honor....

For Justice....

For....REINHARDT, REINHARDT, REINHARDT!!!!

Come on, Blizzard. Help us out and fix our German Wrecking Ball.
please bring back rein.
Fun idea: make his shield hp count as armor
I just really wish we could get an official word on this, so that we can at least have some closure. This post has more than 430 upvotes. What more do you need? A top 3 of the top page reddit post? Yeah we had that too. Come on!