Is the only way to get new skins with $$?

General Discussion
Is the only way to get new skins with real money to buy tokens?

Or is there another way i haven't seen yet and will this be the case always?
If I read correctly, you gain points just by watching the streams as well
Looks like that's the only way. It makes sense to me, that's how every other Jersey for every other sport is acquired.
01/09/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Miennai
Looks like that's the only way. It makes sense to me, that's how every other Jersey for every other sport is acquired.

Haha, yea i don't have too many jersey's either. No need for them. If it is something ingame that is fine, but to just have a money grab...not ok for me.
Yes, because they are for the Fans...
01/09/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Charmy

Was that confirmed? I wonder what their rates will be, I hope it’s not abysmal.

Link or do you remember where you read this?
It's not entirely clear. It's something Blizzard needs to clarify.

"We’re also working with Blizzard to develop new rewards for Overwatch fans, including exclusive in-game items. These, plus custom Overwatch League Cheermotes, will be announced when they’re available." - Twitch

It suggests a way outside of buying tokens to get items. But it's not clear if these are the team skins or something completely different.

Edit: I'm speculating, but my guess is team skins are limited to buying tokens. Twitch will have a separate reward system for different but unique items. They'll require you to connect your Twitch and Blizzard accounts through the Twitch user settings.
besides the 100 you get for free, you have to spend money on them. 5$ for each.
https://blog.twitch.tv/every-overwatch-league-match-is-coming-to-twitch-7dce3cf2b875

It's in the last paragraph of the blog. They don't talk about tokens, but there's other things they give you for watching on Twitch.
You can get them by watching overwatch league on twitch
01/09/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Goku1144

Link or do you remember where you read this?

I read this through the announcement that popped up in the game, though high chance I may have misread it