[Rant] - Got muted again

Competitive Discussion
01/04/2018 02:54 PMPosted by GRIMSDOTTIR
01/04/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Oyster
not swapping isnt throwing. just because they arnt playing the game YOU want them too doesnt mean they are throwing. being counter picked is irrelevant because counter the counter, back to sqaure one.

[Edited for language - Moderator]
agreed, if you're comfortable with that character, yet others arn't. Suddenly you're the bad guy. It makes ZERO sense. Its not the character. Its the player. Yet people think its the characters. Little to no common sense!

"Hey reaper, can you play mercy even though you have little experience with playing mercy, if you pick mercy, we'll win instantly because meta!"

Also agreed. I'm probably the definition of player this guy hates. I pick WIDOW in weird situations sometimes. If the things that are supposed to work aren't working for me, I pause and make the call to swap to MY strongest hero. The one I think I can play best. More often than not, it ends well.
01/04/2018 12:42 PMPosted by DeadlyPants
Im done with this game. I keep being muted for asking people to swap, and screaming at them because they are throwing. Im a gold/plat player, and i know I deserve this rank, but im sick of this crap. It doesnt matter what you do, how much you fill, how much you flex, 2 every 3 games you have to deal with a retard that refuses to comunicate or to swap heroes. Every comp game I play, I play to win all of them, I never throw, i always try to swap when countered, but its pointless, I try to improve my gold/plat skills, but it doesnt matter. These players dont care, the only reason they dont play quickplay its because its a clownfiesta. people call you a flamer when u try to explain them phara counters junkrat. Nothing works, I've played, support, tanks, DPS, I always try to fill but no one cares. You want to stop toxicity blizzard? Add a system that punishes these players, stop rewarding them with golden guns and other random BS. I know im crap at the game, but iw ant to get better, its season 8 and some people still dont understand basic game stuff, like the team needs a healer, or a hitscan counters phara better than a junkrat. I dont think im winning games because im getting better, im winning because the thrower is on the enemy team. Its been 8 seasons and you still havent added a Honor system that allows players to downvote trolls and put them all together in the same game. I rather be a toxic player, but a player that tries to cooperate with his team and swaps when its needed. If someone flames me saying im underperforming I dont report them, I check my stats and swap, because maybe hes right, maybes he wants to win and im holding him back.
In conclusion, the game inst fun anymore, I get punished by other peoples mistakes and my mistakes punish other people, its not fair in anyway. Sorry for any spelling mistakes . Have a nice day

Maybe you should just mute yourself.

You know what I do when my team comp is garbage, or playing like garbage. I go RoadHog or S76. At least I have heals then...#$@% the rest of my team.

You should try it. Tracer Zarya and Reaper are ok too.
*me playing tank* "we have no healer, can you please pick a healer?"

*last player still deciding which hero to play*

-in the team: rain, dva, hanzo,mcree, junkrat-

*player still thinks what to pick*
*picks widow*
*insert Ralph: I'M HELPING!*

"omg why are you yelling you are so rude comp is so toxic for no reason, it's people like you who are making it toxic for no reason"

*the player in your team has left the match"
This is your fault. Getting furious and screaming at people, even if it is justified in your eyes (because yeah throwers ruin the game), is still unacceptable. And that's assuming you aren't stretching the truth, and--let's be honest--you probably are.
Right now I am in the upper plat area but a couple of seasons ago I use to be in the high gold lower plat area. I know what you are going through... you are getting placed with people unwilling to switch of a character even though they arent the best at them. No matter how much you yell at them I promise you that they will mostly likely continue to play that character to spite you. What I would recommend you do is find a hero you are good at and main them. You will be getting a lot of elms in your matches if you are good as that hero and will be doing better than most of your team. I recommend doing this because Blizzard bases the SR you receive off of your preformance. So if you do above average compared to other people's stats you'll gain more SR. You will still lose but it will help you gain more SR from your wins. I do not recommend playing mercy because you will have to rely on your teammates. Also queue up with friends because you will have better communication with them and they will be more willing to switch. Hope this helps!
I never got muted and here is how: leave both text chats and voice chat.
01/04/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Insaetia
01/04/2018 02:54 PMPosted by GRIMSDOTTIR
... agreed, if you're comfortable with that character, yet others arn't. Suddenly you're the bad guy. It makes ZERO sense. Its not the character. Its the player. Yet people think its the characters. Little to no common sense!

"Hey reaper, can you play mercy even though you have little experience with playing mercy, if you pick mercy, we'll win instantly because meta!"

Also agreed. I'm probably the definition of player this guy hates. I pick WIDOW in weird situations sometimes. If the things that are supposed to work aren't working for me, I pause and make the call to swap to MY strongest hero. The one I think I can play best. More often than not, it ends well.

Man, I dont mind people playing what the hell they want, but the core of the game is to swap in order ao adpat to the enemy team. You can be a pro genji weebo for all I care, just do your job as a DPS/flanker. If your not doing it you are throwing the game , if IM not doing my job, im throwing the game aswell and I need to change, is this to hard to understand? Why are people so self entilted? This is a team game, you should play with your team, not play your fav hero just because you want. If you wanna pick Widow im cool with that, but if 4 minuts have passed and you've gotten 1-2 picks and are being killed by their tanks, maybe you should just swap. Please tell me Im not wrong by thinking this.
01/04/2018 01:27 PMPosted by KoolShades
It's too easy to blame other people for your bad games. Relax. Nobody wants to be shouted at. It seems like you just have a bad mindset when you go into games in the first place, and you play worse when you're tilted.

To be fair.. would you rather I told the team "it took all of us working together to lose this one" ? Friendly humor. Of course it's easy to blame others, but it's a team game. Others can quite easily cause a very good player to lose. I personally dispise this response because of the incredible about of variability between matches.
Maybe if you wasn't a toxic !@#$% and didn't tilt your team the moment they pick they'll preform well?

Yours sincerely,
That smurf in gold you tell to switch then proceeds to wipe their team 3 times.
01/05/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Cimp
Maybe if you wasn't a toxic !@#$% and didn't tilt your team the moment they pick they'll preform well?

Yours sincerely,

yeah bro, that sure happens alot, gold smurfs carrying.. Smurfs at this point dont care, they either smurf to troll or to pratice other heroes. Like I said above (starting to think this community cant read), people can play what they want, just need to understand its competitive and they need to change to win games . Also who said I tilt people when the game starts? I scream at people if i think their being countered and not proving the team the help they need.
Managing frustration and not tilting your team or yourself is part of this game. If you get pissed at another player for whatever reason you will play worse than if you ignored their perceived poor performance, or better yet, play around them (your SR will benefit from this, I believe).

I would even go so far as to say what you see as throwing isn't actually throwing. Everyone is in a bubble, it is the internet after all. Sometimes people just aren't playing well, or are on a lose streak, or you name it! Trying to identify a scapegoat for losses is only effective if you have a consistent team that is intentionally self-analytical and open to criticism. Beyond that you are at the mercy of the match making system and have to learn to take the good with the bad (which is subjective). Sure, a team of 6 lone wolfs can roll, and a team of 6 cooperative players can roll, it's all about that magical synergy, bro which the MMR will likely never be able to comprehend.

An honor/'nice to play with you' system incorporated into the game and MMR would go a long way in improving peoples' experience, but then all the trolls would leave. Be careful what you wish for!

To that point, I recommend friending people you find are good at playing the way you want them to play, are flexible and communicative and open to suggestions. Then play with them when you can. If they aren't around maybe just QP and practice your alts. This will improve your overall game experience regardless of whether your SR goes up or down.

And about this...
01/05/2018 06:48 AMPosted by DeadlyPants
I scream at people if i think their being countered and not proving the team the help they need.

Personally if anyone actually raises their voice to a yell (unless it's like heated battle scenario like 'AHH TRACER ON MY A**') I insta-mute or block all together. This is a defense mechanism... I just can't handle that in my life when I'm trying to have a good time playing a game.
If you use the word 'scream' to mean telling someone you think they are doing something wrong (like people use the word 'yelled' or 'yell at' when they are reprimanded by a parent or boss), then that is well within your rights but I would refer you to earlier in my response.

Best of luck to you!
01/04/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Kramer
I never got muted and here is how: leave both text chats and voice chat.

i bet you just get poor teamwork reports in every game your in

most of the competitive community reports u on sight for no voice chat
and if you don't join it
Most wins I get when I solo queue seem to happen because off good communication. People stop talking on mic when someone is screaming at teammates, and when them team won't communicate the person who made the chat toxic is the real thrower.

It seems like most solo queue win happens when someone says, "should we go right or left on attack?" and the team comes to a consensus and pick a attack route and act as one. I feel like I win 75% of the games where this happens, so if you are forcing people out of voice by being toxic then you are trowing.

If you are on a tank and have no healers have you ever thought to say, "We don't have a healer, if no one can play healer I'll swap to one if someone else plays shield tank" I find when you phase questions like that many people are more willing to swap, most people really want both a tank and healer and knowing you are willing to switch for the team makes a lot of others more open to it.
01/05/2018 06:48 AMPosted by DeadlyPants
01/05/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Cimp

Yours sincerely,

yeah bro, that sure happens alot, gold smurfs carrying.. Smurfs at this point dont care, they either smurf to troll or to pratice other heroes. Like I said above (starting to think this community cant read), people can play what they want, just need to understand its competitive and they need to change to win games . Also who said I tilt people when the game starts? I scream at people if i think their being countered and not proving the team the help they need.

The fact that you keep screaming at people is the problem. Why would people listen to someone murdering their eardrums with toxicity. You keep ranting about other people not doing their job or not pulling their weight but you are the most toxic person in that team for screaming and the fact that you can't wrap your head around the idea that people do not want to listen to a screaming brat pretty much tells us that you're just plain TOXIC. If you don't know how to communicate without screaming like an entitled !@#$%^ who thinks they're better than anyone then enjoy being muted. PEACE OUT.
01/04/2018 01:05 PMPosted by hacky
Wall of text is unread.
Until you bumped it LOL

Anyway OP, instead of flaming you or downvoting or whatever...I will ask you this:

What I'm getting from your post is that you definitely try doing the right thing, and you have an eye for the decisions that people make in-game. Have you ever analyzed yourself? Either just consciously or via a recording? I'd like you to do that and criticize yourself vocally (the same way you would a teammate). Maybe even record your own criticism or jot some notes.

One of two results will happen.
1) you find 0 (zero) things to correct with yourself and congratulations you are a GM
2) you will find >0 (greater than zero) things to correct with yourself and congratulations you can correct them because you found them. Repeat until GM.

Since I'm assuming you cannot speak to others currently in OW, just listen to your team and play with them. Think of it as a bonus to your mechanical gameplay until you're unbanned. This isnt the first game you've played without a mic. Then when the lights at the end of the tunnel, you can combine your training with good callouts and absolutely wreck.

And for the sake of your sanity, play what you want sometimes, you don't have to flex and be the last to pick every game. Even midgame if you swap, often others will accomidate. Odds are at least 2/6th of the OW population are also flex, so that meanst greater than or equal to 2/6 chance that you or someone on your team will help you out, especially if they SEE you helping out the team no matter what hero, 4th dps, 3rd tank. If youre doing work, someone will defend you (even the enemy will commend your skill if youre 2gud).
All I am going to say is that screaming probably isn't the best thing you can do. It just annoys everyone and pisses off the person your talking to. I get that it is really hard to ask someone to switch nicely but that's the only thing you can do and if they don't you can't do anything except get pissed off or shrug it off.