Do I have a cringeworthy username?

General Discussion
01/07/2018 11:40 PMPosted by Jinx
Nah, to classify as "cringe" in my books it needs to either be ridiculously edgy, misspelled, xXxSomethingxXx, involve wolves, or my favorite...Kirito.

So something like __xXStormDestroyerXx__?
01/07/2018 11:41 PMPosted by ChilledStorm
01/07/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Madix
When I was 14 I told my friends at school that my Diablo 2 character name was "Oxor", they ended up laughing at me and calling me that until I graduated. My advice is to say your name aloud before asking anyone else their opinion. Once I said "Oxor" aloud I knew exactly what was going to happen as I realized it myself before they did. -If you even consider asking the question of whether it's cringeworthy or not, it probably is.

What do you think about 'ChilledStorm'?
I think it sounds fine.
I don't even wanna talk about my name.
01/07/2018 11:43 PMPosted by ChilledStorm
Nah, to classify as "cringe" in my books it needs to either be ridiculously edgy, misspelled, xXxSomethingxXx, involve wolves, or my favorite...Kirito.

So something like __xXStormDestroyerXx__?
Purrfect.
OP i find your nickname unique and beautiful. Now that i know the story behind it i find it even more beautiful.
So for me no it does not sound cringeworthy.
01/07/2018 11:45 PMPosted by GetFraggdKid
I don't even wanna talk about my name.

I actually like your name, you can tell it's just a joke, so it's not cringeworthy.
01/07/2018 11:47 PMPosted by Psychokraken
OP i find your nickname unique and beautiful. Now that i know the story behind it i find it even more beautiful.
So for me no it does not sound cringeworthy.

Thanks!
Your name sounds like the kind that would be spinning around in a flashy edm opening to a call of duty youtube video.
I like it. It's original and not too flashy or overdone. Simple and to the point.
not cringe, but not gold either. it is hard to find a great name. i like mine, but most people have trouble with it.
01/08/2018 12:13 AMPosted by turtlebomb
Your name sounds like the kind that would be spinning around in a flashy edm opening to a call of duty youtube video.

Nah, that would be __xXStormDestroyerXx__
01/08/2018 12:32 AMPosted by NecroDancer
I like it. It's original and not too flashy or overdone. Simple and to the point.

Also my old youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLUlPhNuJAo A guy who commented on that video has the username: xXSonicSpeedDemonXx I think chilledstorm is a little bit less cringeworthy than that.
As long as there are fewer than 4 X's and no more than 3 digits, it's fine.
Before reading this thread I didn't even notice it because it's a completely generic name. Usernames following the AdjectiveNoun format are rarely cringeworthy because they don't even stand out. I don't even process them in my brain, I just read the words without bothering to comprehend their actual meaning.

After you actually sat down and explained it though...yeah a little cringeworthy. Don't do that.

Of course I have possibly the dumbest and most pointless username ever. It's stupid, I'm fully aware, I just can't be arsed to come up with anything better.

Anyways, what actually cringeworthy usernames look like:
-Use killer, dark, shadow, blood, wolf, etc. unironically. More than once even.
-Do the above and replace the letters with numbers.
-iTz Pr0 UsernameFrom2009
-Name yourself after a character from an awful fandom. Bonus points if matching profile pic.
-Name yourself after some alternate fanfic version of that character or *shudder* your own OC.
-Obscure Weeaboo Anime Bull!@#$ that no one else but fellow weebs understand.
-Especially if you have "Otaku" in your name. Just, ew.
-Basic white girl memes like Doge and Neoncat. Anything that has "xD".
-xXnameXx unironically.
Before reading this thread I didn't even notice it because it's a completely generic name. Usernames following the AdjectiveNoun format are rarely cringeworthy because they don't even stand out. I don't even process them in my brain, I just read the words without bothering to comprehend their actual meaning.

After you actually sat down and explained it though...yeah a little cringeworthy. Don't do that.

Of course I have possibly the dumbest and most pointless username ever. It's stupid, I'm fully aware, I just can't be arsed to come up with anything better.

Anyways, what actually cringeworthy usernames look like:
-Use killer, dark, shadow, blood, etc. unironically. More than once even.
-Do the above and replace the letters with numbers.
-iTz Pr0 UsernameFrom2009
-Name yourself after a character from an awful fandom. Bonus points if matching profile pic.
-Name yourself after some alternate fanfic version of that character.
-Obscure Weeaboo Anime Bull!@#$ that no one else but fellow weebs understand.
-Basic white girl memes like Doge and Neoncat. Anything that has "xD".
-xXnameXx unironically.

xXD4RKSH4D0WK1LLER420ESKETT1TXx
If anything I'd say it sounds like a satire/parody of MLG-esque username.

Usually you get extreme words like 'edge' 'death' 'kill' etc etc accompany with storm.

But the word 'chilled' though, it's the complete opposite to words mentioned above. Pair it with 'storm', you get a contrasting imagery. Like, how can a raging storm be chill, you know?
Mine is an amalgamation of Bird and Cuckoo.
Then I realised two minutes after registering it sounds like Bird Poo.
Guility....
I think your name is a lot better than most of the usernames I’ve seen, actually reminds me of storm from x-men for obvious reasons.

You’re name is what I was trying to make mine but of course psn has to be unique so I tried lots of variations until I got annoyed and settled on this. much cringe-y spelling D;