Another builder Hero? - your input

General Discussion
Is Torb the only builder/engineer in the game? I know Torb can build turrets and amour packs, and now Moria needs to collect essence to convert to heal team, but another builder hero would be nice.

A hero that needs to put work into building things just like torb (not like a mei wall nor symm's turrets) but a hero that has to collect items and can build-up something... unlike a Torb turrent (which is one item) but something that has multiple parts and the player can choose which part to build or must be built in a specific order to function (Junker or even Bridgette). Players can even choose what to build; do we need a wall, a turret or prob a trap?

A concept could even be a hero that collects items to build and improve his abilites. you start of as a basic ominc and based on the amount of "scrap" you collect you can choose to have cheaper upgrades, or save scrap to get better guns, more amour, flying ability etc) i know its like a microtrans idea, but it could work like that.

Or a Hero that uses some type of kinetic energy from the exchange from team fights, a Hero that provokes battles so he/she/? can collect this "fight energy" and convert it to items. Could be another light bender (think Vishka), or even could be something around the "dark matter" in Oasis

Another way this could be implemented is following the Carrier concept from Starcraft. This hero can collect parts/energy from the battlefield and create a swarm of flying non controllable bots, or even raptors from the uprising event. A single bot could be created and sent to battle at a time or the player can choose to horde bots and wait (prob 5-6 bots max) (prob the dark onmic?)

I have no idea what the Dev/Art team would come up with, but its just an idea.
I'm fine unless it's another builder who relies on an ai in order to perform well. You see how that ended up with Torb and Sym, they rely on their turrets which makes them weak when their turrets are removed and they face someone with the same skill level.
12/15/2017 06:42 AMPosted by Malware
I'm fine unless it's another builder who relies on an ai in order to perform well. You see how that ended up with Torb and Sym, they rely on their turrets which makes them weak when their turrets are removed and they face someone with the same skill level.

This, and they are also frustrating to play against, because when you die to them, you rarely feel outskilled.
While the idea is pretty interesting, I would think it would run into several complications. Lets say that the new builder hero can change the properties of the thing they build based on what the enemy team "drops". Much like torb seeing the scrap, each enemy would drop a piece of their gear. Like, Zarya would drop her beam cannon, Phara would drop here rocket launcher, Lucio would drop his healing mix tape and so on. If this were the case, the viability of this hero would wildly depend on the make up of the other team. This could lead to the character either being practically useless, or crazy op in nearly every situation.

Regardless, I do like the idea, but I think it would be hard to develop a hero like that.
I would like to see another builder hero that is not a defensive hero. I guess this hero would actually be more of a "summoner" hero and can spawn units to aid him/her at will. It would be cool if the summoner hero had different units they made to help with different situations. Maybe like a damage bot when team needs more dps, a shield bot if the team needs more tankiness, or a heal bot if the team is short a healer. This summoner hero would be a jack of all trades that can do a little of everything and can actually fit into any team lineup, instead of like the other builder heroes both are niche heroes that only work on certain maps in certain situations.
Someone who builds 3 different types of stations. One that heals. One that deals damage in a radius. One that lowers gravity to allow allies to gain better map control through high ground and stuff. The damage one can be used to block chokes and such. Heals is like...duh. Primary weapon is stronger near stations.
I would fix the current builders instead...
12/15/2017 07:08 AMPosted by Nethermoosen
Someone who builds 3 different types of stations. One that heals. One that deals damage in a radius. One that lowers gravity to allow allies to gain better map control through high ground and stuff. The damage one can be used to block chokes and such. Heals is like...duh. Primary weapon is stronger near stations.

Bro this is pretty much exactly what i just said in the post right above yours lol.
12/15/2017 07:25 AMPosted by jokerpenguin

Don't hold your breath
Maybe a builder that can build surveillance drones that can mark targets so that the entire team can see them. It order to build the drone you have to pick up scrap like Torb. Ultimate can call in an air strike.
A builder focused on construct things to help team mobility, positioning and defense, like for exemple stairs, elevators, boxes, walls and obviously some ofensive to make damage too.
12/15/2017 07:25 AMPosted by jokerpenguin
I want a summoner type hero...i love summoners
12/15/2017 07:40 AMPosted by Edfrost
A builder focused on construct things to help team mobility, positioning and defense, like for exemple stairs, elevators, boxes, walls and obviously some ofensive to make damage too.
walls?

oh i got one:

hero: Donald Trump

Health: 100 HP/150 shields

Primary Fire: S.L.M.D. (a Small Loan of a Million Dollars)
donald trump throws $100 bills at people, causing them to take considerable damage over time (100 damage over 10 seconds.)

Secondary Fire: Build a Wall
Donald Trump builds a wall that can be upgraded 3 times with the "Make Mexico Pay for It ability and cannot be walked or shot through, level 1 has 1000 health, level 2 has 2000 health, level 3 has 2500 health and damages enemies who come into contact with it (50 damage over 5 seconds.)

Primary Ability: Make Mexico Pay for It
Upgrades the wall currently in use and restores all shields on Donald Trump (but not HP.)

Secondary Ability: Amazing Haircut
Donald Trump use his amazing haircut to blind anyone near him for 3 seconds.

Ultimate: Dank Memes
Donald Trump unleashes his Dank Memes on twitter, making all of his enemies take more and deal less damage for some time.

ED: you can't stop him from building the wall, he will make america great again.
12/15/2017 07:30 AMPosted by Greenman
12/15/2017 07:08 AMPosted by Nethermoosen

Bro this is pretty much exactly what i just said in the post right above yours lol.

Bro...my bad.
NO. NO. GOD PLEASE. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The next builder hero better be Brigitte
I feel like another builder would cause more issues than it's worth. Just look at the drama with torb and sym. They are just hard to balance in a first person shooter and I really think another builder would just hurt the game more than it would help it.
12/15/2017 11:49 AMPosted by BeeMonger
The next builder hero better be Brigitte

i'm pretty sure it is