[RANT] Why I'm quitting Overwatch

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next
a very true and nice read. But I've been saying this for months and months but couldn't put into words as good as you did. I play more Po-----banned, and quickplay than anything because Comp is a literal joke haha.
The 1000 SR gap is so true...also the 6 stack vs a 5 stack with a solo q
I have been playing Overwatch since the day after the first summer games and in total I have probably only experienced 5-6 toxic games, whether that’s luck or platform I don’t have most of these problems, although this was a very well constructed post and had many facts and examples to back it up, +1 like, this was a very good post
Bump
bermp
still a good post being ignored
Honestly if it wasn't for the fact I found out a guy at my office plays and had a bunch of his own friends that play, I would have quit this game a long time ago. We have a 6-stack in QP just about every night and the quality of the games there is so much better than anything I've ever experienced in actual competitive. Unfortunately all of them got burned out on comp back around season 6 so none of them will run with me in comp and solo queue is just a mess. If anyone ever asks me if they should pick up OW I tell them no, unless they have several friends to play with.
Dont let this post die
I just started OW recently (coming from MOBA games) and in just about one month I'm finding myself extremely drained by this game in a negative way. I'm one of those 'flex players' that basically are just 24/7 tanks or healers, filling every huge hole in the team composition to prevent getting extremely steamrolled. I don't enjoy solo healing (and yes I play mercy way more than any other supports just for the fact I am trying to solo heal 4 dps that have an unexplaiable urge to march to their deaths and 1 tank), nor do I enjoy solo tanking a choke point just for everything to crumble when I inevitably die and everything goes south without me (what else do you expect with no backup tank and lots of dps's who can't sustain themselves.

I know this has been brought up over and over, but this game needs a role selection into competitive queue. Ast least in the lower ranks (bronze, silver, gold) Yes, I know 2/2/2 isn't the perfect be-all-and-end-all strategy to winning matches, but when I'm stuck in BRONZE thanks to people raging, throwing, and dying every 5 seconds because they can't shoot a damn thing with their 15% wr hanzo, genji, widow, you name it,- and still want to stick with 4 or 3 dps comps, it's still a better way to ensure people get paired with other people who ARE willing to play a balanced comp. The game doesn't need to force people to actually pick 2/2/2 once in game, I just need to NOT get paired with 3 or 4 people instalocking dps and not giving a !@#$ whether the composition is a total trainwreck or not. More often than not, winning in a tier as low as bronze is only attributed to people's willingness to work together and form a proper comp than pure mechanically skilled plays. I don't expect someone to 'hard carry' as DPS in bronze, never will I.

Role selection doesn't force a certain meta. This is just a means to avoid a total %^-*storm of a team just because 4 dps mains gets stuck together and none want to play the other 'lesser' roles. I honestly don't care what role or what hero I play, I just want to win. But when even being a slaveworker still nets you a loss because you simply cant win a game alone with 3-4 dps monkeys who struggle getting kills and I'm here sitting with offensive gold medals on freaking supports and tanks, I seriously can't enjoy this game anymore.
Nothing wrong with 4 dps teams. I've seen 6 dps teams win. Bigger issue is team mates placed or carried too high that let you down.

I'd like a clan system so that I can get reliable team mates.

6 stack is great fun. Solo queue less so...
01/22/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Gazzor
Nothing wrong with 4 dps teams. I've seen 6 dps teams win. Bigger issue is team mates placed or carried too high that let you down.

I'd like a clan system so that I can get reliable team mates.

6 stack is great fun. Solo queue less so...

I'm really not willing to go into the 4 dps discussion. I'm strictly talking unorganized, no-voice, insta lock 4 dps kind of situation here. When I have gold elims as tank compared to the 4 dps, then yes there is something wrong. Stack/party play is a whole different thing.
Agreed. When your "all star" dps can't dps, you got issues. But pbsr encourages dps, as does fact they've likely had games where other dps were bad so they don't trust others to do it...
agreed, nothing more to say, i will take a break from overwatch until maybe hearing this has changed alot. Thanks for the time spend putting this post together, its what i wanted to say but my writing skills suck lol
01/22/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Gazzor
s were bad so they don't trust others to do it...

01/22/2018 05:03 PMPosted by TechnoVkng23
Honestly if it wasn't for the fact I found out a guy at my office plays and had a bunch of his own friends that play, I would have quit this game a long time ago. We have a 6-stack in QP just about every night and the quality of the games there is so much better than anything I've ever experienced in actual competitive. Unfortunately all of them got burned out on comp back around season 6 so none of them will run with me in comp and solo queue is just a mess. If anyone ever asks me if they should pick up OW I tell them no, unless they have several friends to play with.

how i feel lol
And im shocked blizzard has not replied to this thread, its a key issue and over time it will fester and ruin the overwatch hype/population
In the past 3 months i have read SO many posts like this, and it honestly breaks my heart that Blizzard are so stubborn to balance the game and make it more enjoyable for everyone. As someone who has played since beta/season 1 i'm on the very edge to quit myself. The only thing they care about is OWL and content. It's sickening.
01/23/2018 02:11 AMPosted by Fishnchips
In the past 3 months i have read SO many posts like this, and it honestly breaks my heart that Blizzard are so stubborn to balance the game and make it more enjoyable for everyone. As someone who has played since beta/season 1 i'm on the very edge to quit myself. The only thing they care about is OWL and content. It's sickening.

It feels like youre in a endless cycle of toxicity, thrower, leavers and some ppl which really want to play as a team… Blizzards make such great games but it seems PvP is not their strength…
01/23/2018 02:11 AMPosted by Fishnchips

Have to agree also, I feel like there is more of a " lets get people to watch pros" and buy new skins approach more so that the general happiness and enjoyment of the average player.

Its not entirely like that, but my mind can't help but feel that way.
Blizzard don't give a damn about us. All they need is money.
A very nice read indeed. Very good succinct points.

It comes down to a reward system for professional atmosphere of players with a swift reflection those that abuse it or simply pay it no mind.

Competitive should be a place of earned skill, teamwork and most importantly adult behavior.
Trying to keep this alive, great post, perfectly dictates what i feel!