Butt it's funny... right?

General Discussion
Half the fun in overwatch is interacting with such wonderful and interesting people. Before a game, or during load times, I sometimes go about this by typing statements in the chat such as: "I like to feel my butt sometimes" "our mercy is prettier than yours" and "I have a mei body pillow." While most people either ignore or respond with positivity to such statements, sometimes, certain characters seem to be upset by my attempt at communication, and respond with a degree of disgust. I suspect that they have taken offense... They may even report me! These situations of disagreement are such a pain to my soul that I must ask, is what I am doing wrong, in the context of overwatch rules and regulations, or life as person as in general? Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you
Personally I'd probably just mute you, as these read like childish comments that I simply don't care for. Reminds me of a small child trying to get attention by saying bad words.

Can't imagine why you would get reported though, unless your being explicit or abusive.
just step back for a moment. ask yourself this. if you bumped into someone on the street and they said "i like to feel my butt sometimes," how would you feel?
Some people get offended by the tiniest things which is really just ridiculous, don't bother too much about what others think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM-HJT8_esM

hilarious.
EDIT: found the original source.

Your comment about feeling your own butt, it's likely just the political correct people that detest it because they overthink it.
It's maybe rude and/or detestable/repulsive to those that take it seriously but it's nothing that's deserved to be reported for.
To some, saying hi on the street is offensive/harrassment.
Meet your GF's parents for the first time

"Hi. I like to feel my butt."

Does that sound ok to you, OP?
It's kinda of an awkward joke. Makes the atmosphere uncomfortable for some players, though its more of an annoyance to me. I wouldn't report you, but I'd probably not listen to you anymore.
It likely makes people think they're playing with a 12 year old because that's about where that humor lies.

I don't think its funny in the slightest, just a really immature attempt at being funny.
You would be someone I would mute, and forget about the next round.
12/15/2017 01:05 PMPosted by Izanami
just step back for a moment. ask yourself this. if you bumped into someone on the street and they said "i like to feel my butt sometimes," how would you feel?
This.
Thank you all, for your honest replies. Your negative votes shame me, but now I understand that I lacked self awareness in my dialogue. An entertaining comment for me, may actually be a very stupid, or disgusting remark to most others. As for this, I did step back and ask myself:

12/15/2017 01:05 PMPosted by Izanami
if you bumped into someone on the street and they said "i like to feel my butt sometimes," how would you feel?

and yes, it does put my comments into perspective.

Goodbye now, I wish you all the best of luck with your games, your rank, your teams, and your looting, to especially include what is probably the best Sombra skin ever. Happy holidays!