Scatter nerf is OVERDUE!!! PLS

General Discussion
Oh hey there 400hp Orisa....Oh bye 400hp Orisa!!! Same with zarya and any other squishes... Foot Aiming 101 is ruining this game.

I know Hanzo isn't picked in pro games or high level games because he is inconsistent, but high at plat trough mid dimond, he just deletes tanks.
Too inconsistent for pros and infuriating for everyone else.

Why not lower his damage per arrow with lowering arrow hitboxes to normal. Make him be able to shoot 10% faster and have less arc to his shots (33% or so)

Make scatter burst into more shards (from 7 to 13 or something) with less damage per single shard. With it being less predictable when it explodes so it is almost never going to all go into one person.

Sure you might still be able to kill tracer or - if you are SUPER lucky - kill a 200 hp character but that is it.

No need to touch CD or anything just some simple changes to buff his main attack and lower the stupidness of scatter.
01/06/2018 04:08 PMPosted by Azureskies
Too inconsistent for pros and infuriating for everyone else.

Why not lower his damage per arrow with lowering arrow hitboxes to normal. Make him be able to shoot 10% faster and have less arc to his shots (33% or so)

Make scatter burst into more shards (from 7 to 13 or something) with less damage per single shard. With it being less predictable when it explodes so it is almost never going to all go into one person.

Sure you might still be able to kill tracer or - if you are SUPER lucky - kill a 200 hp character but that is it.

No need to touch CD or anything just some simple changes to buff his main attack and lower the stupidness of scatter.

his scatter does a total of 480 dmg lmao

off tanks justs gets deleted by him
Which is why it should have a harder time connecting with a single target. I think him shooting it in a room should still be a fear for people (like in Anubis point A room to the right - if defending) but them getting shot in the foot should not be.
01/06/2018 03:48 PMPosted by ÐirtyƇheese
Oh hey there 400hp Orisa....Oh bye 400hp Orisa!!! Same with zarya and any other squishes... Foot Aiming 101 is ruining this game.
I played a game today on Eichenwalde as Reinhardt.

I left attacking spawn and was immediately killed in one shot by a damage-boosted Hanzo scatter arrrow. Suffice to say I ragequit immediately.

No ability in the game, aside from an environmental kill, should be able to kill a full health Reinhardt in one hit. Period, end of discussion, no question.

The recent mercy nerfs just make this all the more aggravating. very few people complained that Mercy was OP, yet she gets smacked with the nerf hammer yet again. Meanwhile there are pages upon pages of threads about how BS scatter arrow is, and Blizzards response? *Yawn*
SCATTUHHHHH
01/06/2018 04:41 PMPosted by pirzzzzzzz01
SCATTUHHHHH
STRAIYK!! Attduh haarrt
Lets nerf the one good thing about a overall bad hero. That won't be catastrophe.
[/quote]The recent mercy nerfs just make this all the more aggravating. very few people complained that Mercy was OP, yet she gets smacked with the nerf hammer yet again.[/quote]

Because Mercy was absolutely, and still is, game breaking and unfair in every way, Combined with the lowest skill cap and skill floor, she needs massive fixing.

Scatter arrow is just !@#$ing annoying.

>Salty mercy one tricks down voting, I'm sorry you can't play the game.
01/06/2018 04:44 PMPosted by AlCapwned
Lets nerf the one good thing about a overall bad hero. That won't be catastrophe.
You're right, we should keep this anti-fun ability that allows Hanzo to one-shot tanks. I'm sure that it couldn't possibly open up more design space for Hanzo if his incredibly frustrating Scatter Arrow was toned down and more power was put into the rest of his kit.
What people don't seem to understand is that Hanzo's total reliance on Scatter Arrow is the whole problem with Scatter Arrow. If you're at the point where nerfing a single ability even slightly would totally destroy said hero, that's a failed character who needs fundamental changes.

Imagine if they released a hero tomorrow who was totally useless. Moved like a slug, had 50 health, had a huge hitbox and did no damage. But, they had this one awesome ability that could oneshot anyone in the game if used right. Would you be OK with that?

Yes, nerfing that OP ability would render them useless, but that just shows the whole character needs to be scrapped and taken back to the drawing board.
01/06/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Monlyth
You're right, we should keep this anti-fun ability that allows Hanzo to one-shot tanks. I'm sure that it couldn't possibly open up more design space for Hanzo if his incredibly frustrating Scatter Arrow was toned down and more power was put into the rest of his kit.

We should keep it until there's a proper rework to him. Simply nerfing it and doing nothing else will be a major problem however.
plenty of things are overdue. mercy revert is overdue, a sym rework is overdue, a torb buff is overdue, a genji deflect fix is overdue, etc. etc.

the only thing blizzard is looking at are viewers for owl and the revenue it brings in, let's be real here
He's super inconsistent, don't see it getting nerfed soon
01/06/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Mirrorkat
He's super inconsistent, don't see it getting nerfed soon
The dev team have already acknowledged that scatter isn't being used as intended and is too powerful, and hinted at a rework. Personally, I can't !@#$ing wait because that ability is quite literally the worst thing in the entire game.
01/06/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Chublis
01/06/2018 03:48 PMPosted by ÐirtyƇheese
I played a game today on Eichenwalde as Reinhardt.

I left attacking spawn and was immediately killed in one shot by a damage-boosted Hanzo scatter arrrow. Suffice to say I ragequit immediately.

No ability in the game, aside from an environmental kill, should be able to kill a full health Reinhardt in one hit. Period, end of discussion, no question.

The recent mercy nerfs just make this all the more aggravating. very few people complained that Mercy was OP, yet she gets smacked with the nerf hammer yet again. Meanwhile there are pages upon pages of threads about how BS scatter arrow is, and Blizzards response? *Yawn*

Lol? Mercy has been an issue since rework and is finally getting a real nerf to be not 100% pick.

The hell are you talking about?
01/06/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Noihara
Lol? Mercy has been an issue since rework and is finally getting a real nerf to be not 100% pick.

The hell are you talking about?
Please point me to where I said the Mercy nerf was unjustified.

If you could read, you'd realise that my point was that the ratio of people complaining about Mercy was dwarfed by the people complaining about Scatter Arrow, yet it was mercy that got nerfed for like the third time in a row whereas Scatter remains unchanged.

So I really have to ask what the hell you are talking about?
I was playing hanzo on heroes of the storm today and actually got to almost oneshot a squishie with scatters. Scatters even in other games is oart of who hanzo is, everyone wants him nerfed but everyone also knows taking scatters away will make him the worse hero in the game. Ive told people many times that if scatters were to be removed, hanzo is going to need a huge primary buff to both stay consistent and still deal out enough damage on anyone who gets close or help deal lots of damage to tanks. Nerfing scatters is not that easy
01/06/2018 05:03 PMPosted by infamous067
everyone wants him nerfed but everyone also knows taking scatters away will make him the worse hero in the game.
Allow me to quote my previous post, which explains why this line of thinking is fallacious;
01/06/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Chublis
What people don't seem to understand is that Hanzo's total reliance on Scatter Arrow is the whole problem with Scatter Arrow. If you're at the point where nerfing a single ability even slightly would totally destroy said hero, that's a failed character who needs fundamental changes.

Imagine if they released a hero tomorrow who was totally useless. Moved like a slug, had 50 health, had a huge hitbox and did no damage. But, they had this one awesome ability that could oneshot anyone in the game if used right. Would you be OK with that?

Yes, nerfing that OP ability would render them useless, but that just shows the whole character needs to be scrapped and taken back to the drawing board.
As badly designed an ability it is, taking it away from him would make him pretty anaemic =\

I reckon they should redesign him to be a “stealth sniper” or something. Give him an invis/teleport/shadow step/dragon something to make him a sniper/assasin that hangs out behind the enemy? That way he’s not just a !@#$ty dps with mild utility