Why can Moira, but not Tracer, escape grav?

Competitive Discussion
Tracer is literally going back in time.

Tracer, Reaper, and Orisa should be the only ones who can escape grav.
Let's not give tracer anything else. She is already frustrating to pin down. The buff to grav was a slight nerf to more then just tracer so let it go
Balance?
Because its similar to reapers wraith form (by lore is technically the same). Tracers blink is a pure mobility ability, moira like reaper knocks off CC and debuffs.
Sombra should escape grav, as she teleports. Tracer on the other hand only dashes. she should stay in. If she recalls out I think thats fair though.
Having Recall get Tracer out (but not blink) ......

Having Translocate get Sombra out.....

It would only work if Tracer's recall took her well outside the grav.

Sombra's Beacon would have to be well outside the grav. Throwing outside the grav would take time.

I don't think it would be OP.

Sidenote: I think Zarya bubble should absorb Moira Damage Orb.
Before the buff it felt like who could/couldn't escape from grav was completely random, and tbh it still feels that way now, just not as much.

Reinhardt being able to charge out of it was silly, and mercy being able to fly out of it. But Tracer/Reaper/Sombra really should be able to escape it. But then, there are lots of things like this in Overwatch, things that make sense from a gameplay point of view, but not a lore point of view. Like Zenyatta triggering junkrats trap, or getting hit by earthshatter.

EDIT: I only think tracers recall should be allowed to escape, not her blinks. Since with her blinks she's jumping forward in time to where she would be if she kept moving, but obviously she can't move due to grav. Going backwards however shouldn't be affected by her current ability to move.
its because its a temporary invulnerability 0.8sec to be exact.
I don't think reaper or moira should be able to escape it. Its called an ultimate for a reason, and Zaryas is one of the longest to build up.
Black holes transcend time and space. but not machinery apparently lol
12/14/2017 09:17 AMPosted by Mircalla
Before the buff it felt like who could/couldn't escape from grav was completely random, and tbh it still feels that way now, just not as much.

Reinhardt being able to charge out of it was silly, and mercy being able to fly out of it. But Tracer/Reaper/Sombra really should be able to escape it. But then, there are lots of things like this in Overwatch, things that make sense from a gameplay point of view, but not a lore point of view. Like Zenyatta triggering junkrats trap, or getting hit by earthshatter.

EDIT: I only think tracers recall should be allowed to escape, not her blinks. Since with her blinks she's jumping forward in time to where she would be if she kept moving, but obviously she can't move due to grav. Going backwards however shouldn't be affected by her current ability to move.

Time is affected by Gravity. It makes proper sense. Also, if you want to argue Sombra can teleport out. So you'd trust the teleporter to reconstruct you. While your particles are being pulled around in gravity. Second. How would Sombra be able to throw the translocator out of the grav field? If she could do that. She can just walk out of the Grav, in the first place. Also, by extension, her translocator should be pulled back in mid air.

Moira and Reaper can reconstitute from smoke. So their bodies are already use to being garbled up. This makes sense they can escape. But they can still fail and be pulled back in. If either move is done at the wrong moment.
12/14/2017 05:29 AMPosted by kitten

Because gravity is more powerful than time/light (ie a black hole) were as darkness or shadows are not physical enough to be affected by gravity...so science is why :)
12/14/2017 05:29 AMPosted by kitten

I think either they all should be able to escape grav or none of them should. It's such a pick a choosey ability, I don't like how it works in that sense. It also makes no sense.
Because Moira is buggy af.
No one should be able to escape it. Zarya's ult is one of the slowest building ultimate abilities in the game, and on it's own it doesn't kill anybody. It requires more careful coordination than any other ult in the game or else it becomes borderline useless. The idea that a large number of heroes should be able to easily escape it with common abilities is completely stupid.