Stevo doing bronze to gm yet again

General Discussion
I've watched this guy constantly make it to GM and maintain. Get banned, lose SR, get new career highs. Do unranked to GM... make it with so many alt accounts. Almost always with Symettra.

Oh... and top 500. With little difficulty.

He isn't trolling. He isn't breaking the rules. He is a great player.
*accuses people of witch hunting XCQ for hypocrisy and horrible sportsmanship despite the clear cut evidence*

*proceeds to witch hunt Steevo with deliberate misinformation*

This community is just disappointing sometimes.
12/15/2017 12:14 PMPosted by Hobotripin
Kinda sad you can circumvent punishment with no consequences.
Kinda sad when you make stupid comments about breaking rules when you have no clue what the rules actually are.
It's not his fault if Blizzard keeps issuing automatic bans for his top 500 accounts and they refuse to give him any explanation of what he's actually being banned for. He has no other choice than ranking up new accounts.

Jeff just said the other day you can't be banned for playing only one hero or forced to play other heroes, yet Stevo and Fuey keeps getting banned automatically by the system. When will he reply to Stevo telling why he's getting banned the same way he replied to CosmicGhost a few hours ago in the forums?
12/15/2017 12:47 PMPosted by Starless
When will he reply to Stevo telling why he's getting banned the same way he replied to CosmicGhost a few hours ago in the forums?
can't dig through chat logs when no one types.
12/15/2017 12:49 PMPosted by Audaylon
12/15/2017 12:47 PMPosted by Starless
When will he reply to Stevo telling why he's getting banned the same way he replied to CosmicGhost a few hours ago in the forums?
can't dig through chat logs when no one types.
Then there’s no evidence of wrong doing.
12/15/2017 12:16 PMPosted by BuddaǶ
His stream title is "bronze to gm" its not unranked.

So it's true, some people can't understand sarcasm
well hes not doing an actual bronze to GM. but why the clickbait in his stream though.
Lmao BAITED!
FYI, the guy who opened this thread was earlier in Stevo's stream chat when he got banned... he knows exactly what Stevo is doing and he's just flamebaiting.

https://i.imgur.com/5XiYD7t.png
A Majority of all players will only place in Diamond in the current system in place even if they were a grandmaster prior. The system rarely if ever, just puts someone in Grandmaster or Master, unless their win rate prior to all placement matches is 90-100% for the entire 25 Ranking requirement. So even smurf accounts still need to climb after placement even if placed as high as diamond. The system also stacks against you your first 10-20 matches after placement to see if you can maintain rank as well. Only after all these "fail safes" will the smurf account ever actually see grandmaster or master again.
We see time and time again that the people who claim they are suspended for hundreds of random automatic reports, usually deserve their bans for entirely different reasons. How many times are people going to jump on this always assuming the person is an abused angel?
12/15/2017 01:14 PMPosted by RustyRhames
We see time and time again that the people who claim they are suspended for hundreds of random automatic reports, usually deserve their bans for entirely different reasons. How many times are people going to jump on this always assuming the person is an abused angel?

Except in this case... You couldn't be more wrong.

Not only does he not type, use voice commas, but he stream every single game and endlessly proves his worth to competitive teams.

We only care because he is GM/top500 and streams. So imagine other amazing one tricks who are not toxic... getting banned with no public profile and little knowledge of how to fight it. Id imagine many quit.

You see, his fight is bigger than these troll posts. He is fighting for how the game was advertised and how even Jeff said that no one will determine who you play and you will not be banned for one tricking.

I'm also willing to be many one tricks become toxic overtime by constantly being harassed before matches even start... or blamed if they are losing. Last time I checked, the Overwatch team designed the heroes... not the meta.

The meta is boring. The Tracer, Soldier, Mercy, Genji, Winston, Dva blah blah blah is so stale. Each meta is so boring. And when. Pro player picks off meta it's such a huge deal to the audience. Why? Because of general consensus.

He found a way to always be an amazing player with high win rates as a crowd-determined troll pick. I'd say he is teaching you something if you would listen.
He streams every single game he plays, please go check the VODs and tell exactly in which way is he infringing Blizzard's rules.

Yet you can actually watch every single game he has played leading up to his suspensions, he only plays on-stream. No one in the thousands of comments in various threads has been able to provide ONE INSTANCE where he has received a legitimate report for any wrongdoing, despite all of his gameplay for the last month (5 or 6 bans?) being available in VODs. Please, go through them and give us a clip of him being disruptive/toxic/throwing etc.

The thing is, no one has been able to do this. He isn't a random player like the Torb main who got a reply from Jeff, he has documented his rise to Top 500 over and over on various accounts and there is clear documented evidence that he is not breaking any rules. In fact, it's his teammates calling for mass-reports at the start of the matches who are getting him banned with no recourse for THEIR behaviour.
I just can't imagine doing the same thing over and over with the same character. That'd just get dull after a while...
I gotta give Stevo credit, his Symmetra bronze to GM snapped me out of a major downward SR trend I was in. The season 6 server issues had robbed me of several hundred SR due to repeated disconnects and I wound up in stuck in bronze. With the horrible lack of teamwork and skilled players at that level I couldn't rank up and I was basically playing in a state of constant tilt. When I got around to watching Stevo walk through ranks like nothing it kicked me back into a much better mindstate and I wound up in high gold in one session. I was just about to hit platinum when my Xbox died (it's always something).

Anyways I kinda owe the guy for the kick in the pants so I'm glad he's continuing to make climbs. Once I finally get my new Xbox I might want some more inspiration after I see how bad I got hit with the SR decay stick.
12/15/2017 12:15 PMPosted by Hybrid
Punishment? Hes being banned for 1 tricking, so he has to start over again.
He's on a suspension so he's just playing an alt account.

Some suspension when you can still play, huh?
12/15/2017 01:12 PMPosted by Starless
FYI, the guy who opened this thread was earlier in Stevo's stream chat when he got banned... he knows exactly what Stevo is doing and he's just flamebaiting.

https://i.imgur.com/5XiYD7t.png
That's just pathetic dude
12/15/2017 12:27 PMPosted by SnareToxic
His suspension from the bronze->gm was a result of him having to actually throw games in order to get to bronze in the first place.

I swear people just become infuriated when hearing his name.

“A Symmetra one-trick with exponentially more SR than I could ever hope to gain? WHAT A MONSTER.

The second time he fullstacked with bad players and picked someone he was bad with, then proceeded to soloq on sym after placements. That time he was banned for sr manipulation and not throwing.