Pharah needs to stop taking DMG from own rockets.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
No, because "jousting" like you're some kind of Reaper, to shoot a rocket launcher in melee range, is stupid and OP.
if you blow yourself up as phara you deserve to die?
12/28/2017 07:03 AMPosted by peregrine
If Blizzard insists on pharah being the queen of god damn suicide, especially with her ult, why don't they BUFF zarya, soldier, dva, and bastion's self harm so everyone is equal self harming?

Because, and i know this is crazy...those heroes either can't fly or need to be in close range to use them. Seriously you shouldn't be self damaging with a hero that can constantly fly and if you're flying into walls and firing then that's on you.
12/28/2017 07:57 AMPosted by Mirai
12/28/2017 07:03 AMPosted by peregrine
If Blizzard insists on pharah being the queen of god damn suicide, especially with her ult, why don't they BUFF zarya, soldier, dva, and bastion's self harm so everyone is equal self harming?

Because, and i know this is crazy...those heroes either can't fly or need to be in close range to use them. Seriously you shouldn't be self damaging with a hero that can constantly fly and if you're flying into walls and firing then that's on you.

How does soldier or bastion need to be in close range? they both fit snugly in medium range to me. Zarya isn't melee range based either. Dva would be an exception, I can see that though since she is a bully that dives people. My point was that they all do tickle damage to themselves and take multiple times longer to kill themselves in some cases compared to pharah who can suicide in less than one clip...

what's the point of putting or keeping self harm in on these particular heroes anyway? What was blizzard's intention or goal? Did they want to prevent soldier from running around at point blank and helixing his feet, then waiting 8 seconds and doing it again, over and over without using his healing, and that was somehow OP? that's absurd, right?

Were they worried zarya would get up to ledges she wasn't supposed to with balls to her feet so they put tickle damage on it to discourage her from doing it? It just doesn't make sense. Why would they put pitiful self harm on micro missiles? it takes over a minute to de mech yourself with them, I don't get it.

Either remove self harm across the board or make it all equally five skills or shots to kill the user across everyone who can suicide. Why is the scales absurdly tilted towards pharah killing herself, especially with her ult? You can say it's because she can fly. Ok. but she can't self heal like soldier, and bastion, can't regen shields like zarya and dva, can't recall out of danger like tracer, doesn't have more than 200 HP like bastion, zarya and dva, doesn't have a second life like dva, can't block damage like dva, doesn't have no-aim needed ult where you don't even have to be close to enemies and can move around while using like soldier, doesn't have protection by shields or tanks on the ground like the rest of the heroes, and doesn't have healing or speedboosting from lucio like everyone else, she has none of those benefits, so how is 40 damage per splash on anything within 8 feet of her fair in comparison?
If anything her rockets should fail to detonate at close range, like say 10-15 meters, due to arming time and safeties. Deal?
No, she doesn't. She can fly, if she point blank on her targets, she deserves to self frag. Junkrat on the other hand, can't and the Technique to lock him down at launch was to stand a D.Va or a Roadhog on top of him as much as possible. rendering him useless.

12/28/2017 07:26 AMPosted by Valkyria
12/28/2017 06:24 AMPosted by ProjectNikko
If you're putting the only flying character near a wall and firing

The splash dmg hits back from other things than walls. A big fat flying Dva mech comes to mind.
Yes, but the D.Va takes damage too, since the DM Nerf. you can't keep it up enough to not take some sort of damage. Also... D.Va takes damage if her Micro missles hit point blank, and same with 76's Helix Rockets.
If you get into a situation where you damage yourself with Pharah then you are playing her wrong. How do you even selfdamage midair?
You do realize, you're asking for her to be able to go into tight spaces and duel with no consequences in areas where her rockets are unavoidable?

Pharah's OPness is heavily exaggerated but removing a counter and making her brain dead to use is not the way to go. Besides, the mobility changes are already good for her.
Get better at pharah since if you can manage your booster and fuel you never need to touch the ground
12/28/2017 08:29 AMPosted by RainFloodIce
Get better at pharah since if you can manage your booster and fuel you never need to touch the ground

You will always need to touch the ground after you go past silver ranks, it's suicide to stay in open air for more than a few seconds. You are way more likely to survive by taking a few shots, dropping down, and relocating+repeating. This is only if there is a hitscan or someone who can reliably hurt you like dva/winston/moira/sombra/bastion/tracer on certain maps. If there is nobody like that, then yeah, stay in the sky forever and dominate while everyone ignores you

then you're playing her wrong

The same could be said of having explosive man hanging around his own explosives when they detonate
12/28/2017 08:33 AMPosted by TheMelon

then you're playing her wrong

The same could be said of having explosive man hanging around his own explosives when they detonate

What if junk took 40 damage every time he threw his mine out and detonated in close range to himself...or if genji could deflect it and the junk takes 120 damage instantly from it...hmmm
That's a nerf not a buff, you want the rocket to damage you so you can rocket jump and gain altitude.
12/28/2017 08:48 AMPosted by AtomicTom
That's a nerf not a buff, you want the rocket to damage you so you can rocket jump and gain altitude.
Damage has nothing to do with knock back.
No, pharah does not need this, junk is the one that needs this buff reversed
As a Pharah main I don't think this change is warranted. Unlike Junkrat, Pharah has a linear projectile you can actually aim at people. Also Pharah is clearly meant to be played mainly as a long range hero.

Of course you can aim Junk's nades and play him long range too, but it requires a lot more skill and it won't change the unreliable nature of his slow arcing projectile.

The only reason I would like to have a small reduction (not a removal) of self damage to Pharah is to be able to use rocket jumping more liberally. It would be cool too if you could rocket boost yourself off walls in the same way you do in Quake without using conc. This is more about making her more fun to play than anything though.
Junkrat's change for self damage was never warranted in the first place and is even less so now that he has 2 concussion mines that already makes him excessively dominant up-close and allows him to GTFO into a range where he isn't hurt by his main damage.

Junkrat also never deserved to get away with 2 kills and not killing himself when caught with his pants down and his ult.

Junkrat's self damage change was the stupidest buff he ever received. It was literally a pity buff, before the real buff, and never should have happened.
JR's self-damage made him utterly useless when aggressed on by someone like Winston (or most other tanks tbh) since he would end up killing himself or at least generally trading evenly at best against them.

Pharah somewhat has that problem as well, although she has much better tools to both avoid that situation in the first place and to negate the situation should she end up in it. And the self-damage seems like a fair trade-off for what better Pharahs than I can use as an extra means of locomotion.
12/28/2017 10:00 AMPosted by Darsidian
JR's self-damage made him utterly useless when aggressed on by someone like Winston (or most other tanks tbh) since he would end up killing himself or at least generally trading evenly at best against them.

Utterly useless? "Concussion mine away" for no self-damage, deal 120 to Winston, and !@#$ Winston's dive off.

"Utterly useless". Stop making this %^-* up.
What are you doing, running up to people and shotgunning them with your rockets? This shouldn't be a major issue for Pharah.