What is one thing that you despise in gameplay?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
besides junkrat pls, what are your triggers and mental sigh moments in overwatch?
Having someone kill you when they were aiming at someone else. Whenever that happens and I watch the kill feed I actually want to quit.
That playing a new role in comp = auto-loss because "it's good design for matches to randomly select players who may have completely non-synergistic hero pools".
Anytime a Genji or Mercy exists, especially when my team doesn't have one or both.

Genji = 99.9% chance of potg.

Mercy = 99.9% chance of winning.
Moira's damage bubble actually drives me up a wall. I know it's not really overpowered or anything but it's so annoying.
01/02/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Xplo
Anytime a Genji or Mercy exists, especially when my team doesn't have one or both.

Genji = 99.9% chance of potg.

Mercy = 99.9% chance of winning.

maybe we should make it to where Genji doesn’t get potg -jeff

still waiting for this
Ulting as pharah. No matter if you have the world's perfect positioning and stealth, and a mercy piggybacking you, and a grav to combo with, 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999996969696969% of the time there will not be all six enemies in one little group, and there will be at least one solo soul outside of your little cone of affect, that merely has to hold LMB towards your still, literally unmoving head that is in same position for 4-5 seconds to kill you. #reworkbarrage

I'm so tired even after 276 hours on pharah of the game's suicide ult. Unless you kill all 6 people every time with it and get sextuple team wipes each barrage, you WILL most likely die midway thru it (please note, I have gotten a sextuple kill with barrage one single time ever in my entire time on her)

Go ahead and downvote me, you don't understand what its like for a pharah main, when your team is going, dude why don't you use your ult? and you have to explain to them mid-match how saving it and staying alive you can do way more in a teamfight than just trading your life for 1 or 2 people and having to fly all the way back from spawn. That's not how an ult should be but here we are.

TRY to deny the meme..
"JUSTICE RA-HEUGHHHHH"
I am so sick of hearing half my voiceline every day I play

"Dude just get better positioning etc it's a tradeoff for doing so much damage lul"
Don't you think I know every little nook and cranny, both horizontally and vertically, in every map by now, after nearly 300 hours on her? I do not lack positioning knowledge. Any hero who gets frozen in place for 5 seconds without being able to cancel the ult early, who only affects a small area cone in front of them, who necessarily has to be within 15-20 feet away or it does tickle damage, who can kill themselves in 0.75 seconds (I have done suicide research in a custom game) if literally any physical thing comes within 10 feet of them, and who has no protection whatsoever by barrier tanks, nor healing/speed from lucio or zen ult, and you would complain if it were you in my shoes

to OP: sorry for possibly going off topic, but I guess I needed a venting moment on here. As for more on topic, generally everything related to deflect and geji's ability to swift strike out of it/into you early without warning is what triggers me also
01/02/2018 09:35 PMPosted by PancakePunk
That playing a new role in comp = auto-loss because "it's good design for matches to randomly select players who may have completely non-synergistic hero pools".

Roll queue isn't the way to go either. This is a team game, and that means you should have a diverse hero pool that will allow you to easily flex.

As for my sigh moments, when the enemy team has a really good sniper. They carry games, and more often than not I find myself being the guy to swap to go deal with them, because all everyone else does is complain. It's especially maddening when you have a Genji, but all they do all game is farm ult off tanks, and never actually try to go after the enemy backline.
I wish the general skill floor was a little higher, and more focus was placed on skill with characters. And more movement, like a Quake-arena game.
I hate breaking through chokes on attack/defense maps.

It's probably the most tilting thing in OW for me. It requires an absurd amount of team coordination and cooperation, in a game notorious for trolls and insta-lockers. Of course most things in OW are team-based, but breaking through a choke is on an entirely differently level. Against a competent defense team, if you don't have shield tanks you die. If you don't push in together, you die. If anyone lolly-gags around the choke, you die. If you don't have a Mercy, you die. If you manage to break through the choke, then the real fight starts.

Of course if you do die, the enemy Junkrat will no doubt get a 3-man ult 30 seconds later for your second push just to rub salt into the wound.
Hitting a mercy to 1 hp as tracer even through zens healing orb on mercy, calling to my team before im jumping on mercy, calling mercy 1 hp several times, only to get hooked and killed and see my team hitting a shield

Happens quite often, triggers me to levels never seen before

Also

2 CP map attacking in second point, get a teamkill, get 2 ticks mercy comes out of the spawn in valk already, lose the fight and dont even cap, that ability to turn 2cp around with valk is complete cancer
Ulting as Mcree,one of the best/worst ult in the game, it's like having a suicide button and sometimes a win game button on your Q.

It's just so silly watching roadhog for 5seconds while standing still in the open waiting to be hooked.
Hanzo.
01/02/2018 09:50 PMPosted by Magicbeans
Ulting as Mcree,one of the best/worst ult in the game, it's like having a suicide button and sometimes a win game button on your Q.

It's just so silly watching roadhog for 5seconds while standing still in the open waiting to be hooked.

Imagine if your ult made you freeze in place, and you couldn't be protected by tanks or shields or anything on the ground, and couldn't get lucio or zen healing, and it wouldn't work unless you are within 15-20 feet of someone, and you had to aim it, and it only works in about 1/3 of the current screenview, and you will kill yourself if any physical thing is near you when using it, and you couldn't cancel it early, and it disappeared if you got stunned
01/02/2018 09:32 PMPosted by AndrewDelRey
Having someone kill you when they were aiming at someone else. Whenever that happens and I watch the kill feed I actually want to quit.

Ah, the ol’ Hanzo special.
01/02/2018 09:53 PMPosted by Lacerta
01/02/2018 09:50 PMPosted by Magicbeans

Imagine if your ult made you freeze in place, and you couldn't be protected by tanks or shields or anything on the ground, and couldn't get lucio or zen healing, and it wouldn't work unless you are within 15-20 feet of someone, and you had to aim it, and it only works in about 1/3 of the current screenview, and you will kill yourself if any physical thing is near you when using it, and you couldn't cancel it early, and it disappeared if you got stunned

That's why im not a phara main LMAO
Hanzo, Hanzo, Hanzo and Hanzo.

Oh, did i mention Hanzo yet?
Tracer. Her bomb, her blink, her voice, i hate her whole existence.
Skirmish tryhards. Those just get a sigh from me.

You know who I mean. You're out there messing about with a hero, playing with emotes and voicelines, and someone else shows up and instantly kills you. It's like... what was the point of that? Especially when you made it clear you weren't trying to fight.
Genji activates his deflect ability and some guy on our team shoots him constantly, only to get deflected back to me.