Everyone hates you if you duo queue and both instalock DPS

Competitive Discussion
In the title.

There's so many DPS mains in today's world, you're just going to put someone in an uncomfortable role or force a sub-optimal team comp. Grouping comes with the implication that you need to fill at times. If you somehow land on a team with 2 support mains and 2 tank mains, go for it, but don't go into it with the expectation you can both DPS every game as a duo.
Everyone hates you if you duo queue and both instalock DPS
True.
why does it become the job of the duo to fill though? if everyone is a dps main on the team just because someone is grouped doesnt necessarily give them the responsibility of filling into "undesirable" roles.

doesnt it still remain everyone on the teams responsibility to make a playable comp? just solo queuing doesnt negate the responsibility of making a playable comp so why does duoing automatically give them more responsibility then the rest of the team ?

im not against what you are saying just pointing out that everyone equally shares the burdens for the 20 min you are grouped together as a team of 6.
i mean they can do what they want, just dont expect to win while queing with 2 dps unless both are pretty underrated
Nothing is stopping you from picking a third dps or any role either switch and stop complaining or pick what you want and accept it may make you lose either way the choice is yours you have no more right than anyone else to pick any hero/role if you want 222 it's on you to be accommodating you don't get to tell others what to play.
01/03/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Mizzerella
why does it become the job of the duo to fill though? if everyone is a dps main on the team just because someone is grouped doesnt necessarily give them the responsibility of filling into "undesirable" roles.

doesnt it still remain everyone on the teams responsibility to make a playable comp? just solo queuing doesnt negate the responsibility of making a playable comp so why does duoing automatically give them more responsibility then the rest of the team ?

im not against what you are saying just pointing out that everyone equally shares the burdens for the 20 min you are grouped together as a team of 6.

He's not saying both have to fill. Honestly when I hope on my dps account with my friend we rotate back and forth on dps. Then the other person fills.
01/03/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Sallian
Nothing is stopping you from picking a third dps or any role either switch and stop complaining or pick what you want and accept it may make you lose either way the choice is yours you have no more right than anyone else to pick any hero/role if you want 222 it's on you to be accommodating you don't get to tell others what to play.

On point.^^
@mizzerella, it's consider bad etiquette to duo as double dps. Since a majority of players want to be dps, you're focusing people to mold around you. Just how OTP are consider bad etiquette, it becomes worse when you have to deal with 2. It's something as a team, you have to deal with, but obviously recent playing with. Unless they pop off, but remember a lot team loses before the gates open.
why does it become the job of the duo to fill

stacks control a HUGE chunk of the team's over all hero team comp and with that comes the responsibility to make sure the team comp is workable. Why even stack if you're not going to do it to control AND make a decent team comp?! That's the entire point of stacking up in the first place. That's why say a 3 stack should pretty much always have a support player or support/tank/DPS as it's mix.

for a duo stack they should be playing complimentary player to each other to take advantage of their hopefully higher then average team work ability as a stack. So odds are that's not going to be knocking out 66% to 100% of the DPS roles with their random picks.

I expect stacks to be playing team first Overwatch or don't bother to stack up in the first place.
The reason why people hate the duo dps lockers is because 4/6 people on the team want to play dps usually. It doesn't matter what you play as or whatever, play your best role. If that happens to be dps then go for it, I'm not complaining.
why does it become the job of the duo to fill though?

When I duo, Tank/healer, Healer/tank.

When i triple stack, Tank/healer, healer/tank, DPS

Quad stack, Tank/healer, healer/tank, dps, fill

Why you ask? Because it is RESPECTFUL and in our best interests.

Not picking DPS in both slots doesn't mean fill. It means work with your team and quit being so selfish... and this is coming from someone who is supportive of sym/torb/DF/widow/hanzo picks.
Not really, I'm not everyone but what I hate are duo or triple queues that think they are the best thing since sliced bread and blame the rest of the team for everything. No matter what they are doing healing, tanking, dps.
01/03/2018 12:40 PMPosted by JamieNoonZ
Not really, I'm not everyone but what I hate are duo or triple queues that think they are the best thing since sliced bread and blame the rest of the team for everything. No matter what they are doing healing, tanking, dps.
people that blame others will always blame others simply because that's who they are as a person. not because of the size of their stack.
In masters everyone is a mercy main. It's very hard to find some good Damage classes.
01/03/2018 11:14 AMPosted by kitten
In the title.

There's so many DPS mains in today's world, you're just going to put someone in an uncomfortable role or force a sub-optimal team comp. Grouping comes with the implication that you need to fill at times. If you somehow land on a team with 2 support mains and 2 tank mains, go for it, but don't go into it with the expectation you can both DPS every game as a duo.
Very true. Even worse (although very rare) Is when they instalock hanzo + widowmaker. Like.... really?
Nothing is stopping you from throwing a punch at your mugger and stop complaining or give them your wallet and accept that you just lost all of your cash. Either way the choice is yours you have no more right than anyone else to not get mugged if you want to not get robbed then it's on you to fight back and possible get shot or stabbed.

Brilliant.

I'm not saying fill all roles, just don't expect to both play DPS. One of you should be able to tank and the other should be able to heal. Trust, you'll win more games.
01/03/2018 11:29 AMPosted by DeadLamb
why does it become the job of the duo to fill

stacks control a HUGE chunk of the team's over all hero team comp and with that comes the responsibility to make sure the team comp is workable. Why even stack if you're not going to do it to control AND make a decent team comp?! That's the entire point of stacking up in the first place. That's why say a 3 stack should pretty much always have a support player or support/tank/DPS as it's mix.

for a duo stack they should be playing complimentary player to each other to take advantage of their hopefully higher then average team work ability as a stack. So odds are that's not going to be knocking out 66% to 100% of the DPS roles with their random picks.

I expect stacks to be playing team first Overwatch or don't bother to stack up in the first place.

Upvoted for common sense.

It's hilarious how backwards the community here is. Common sense is thrown out of the window for personal preference (inherently selfish).