*throws grenade 10yards in front of Genji's feet*

General Discussion
01/05/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Youko
01/05/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Arcadius

Keyword here: stop. If you don't know what to do, then stop. Just look at him.
So you think it makes logical sense for 1 hero to have a button that stops an entire team from being able to fight for 2 seconds?

I think you know why this is horribly incorrect and I hope you eventually delete this after realizing it.
y'all are forgetting,
i didn't say it would be effective lmao.
"don't shoot at him ;)"
-Keff Japlan
I specifically switch off D.va for Winston if there is a specifically pesky Genji. I rarely have to though recently because Moira pretty much purple pee's him to death.
Aims at my own feet to throw a potion as Ana aaaaaaand its deflected since he standing behind me.

Heres a long post showcasing how broken his deflect hit box is.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759150839#post-1
genji is overpowered.
Blizzard won't fix this hitbox issue.... trust me.

If they do, literally all the Gengu mains will start complaining and just quit the game entirely, and blizzard will lose alot of players.

So yeah, we probably have to deal with deflect for our lives now =/
Hey WarGoat, I have accepted Ana for who she is after a year.

Hopefully she'll see more gameplay after the Mercy nerf.
Just remember, because of "muh pro picks" he is perfectly balanced, he doesn't have an overloaded kit with tons of get out of jail free cards and a deflect the size of China, and he doesn't have that stink of Creator's pet. He also certainly isn't kept at top tier because he makes all the fast flashy plays for the Esports audience .
Genji’s deflect was responsible for the Kennedy Assassination’s Magic Bullet Theory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8V_x0OtcC8

Oh hey i get to post my video here!
Deflect is such an unfun mechanic, time for a rework of the character I guess, can't have unfun mechanics in the game, it spoils the fun.

/s

R.I.P
Roadhog
Mercy
01/05/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Tiberiusmoon
You can melee him :D

Genji is immune to melee damage during deflect (which is BS). Even Reinhardt's rocket hammer does no damage to a deflecting Genji (which is a flaming pile of BS).
Just do as Jeff said: Just don't shoot him when he deflects. I know right, how could we be so silly, shooting a genji deflect hitbox.
Blizzard won't fix this hitbox issue.... trust me.

If they do, literally all the Gengu mains will start complaining and just quit the game entirely, and blizzard will lose alot of players.

So yeah, we probably have to deal with deflect for our lives now =/

Didn't stop them from alienating the significantly larger Mercy playerbase with an unwanted rework, followerd by a marathon of overkill nerfs.

Then again, Mercy isn't "exciting to watch" like Genji is. Double standards are thriving.
01/05/2018 01:03 PMPosted by WarGoat
Still deflects.
*Throws grenade after doing a full 180 degree turn*
Still deflects.
*Throws grenade 15 meters to the right of Genji's feet*
Still deflects.

Am i meant to do nothing at all untill he deflects? Or is this ability meant to stroke the Genji player's ego?

Disclaimer: I'm not saying that Genji is overpowered.
I have nothing but hate and disgust towards this ability in particular though.

Way to exaggerate deflects strength like the typical low tier pleb on these forums
01/05/2018 06:25 PMPosted by orangejuice
Still deflects.
Still deflects.
Still deflects.

Am i meant to do nothing at all untill he deflects? Or is this ability meant to stroke the Genji player's ego?

Way to exaggerate deflects strength like the typical low tier pleb on these forums
Yes, definetly exaggerating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAD4JzRQRRc
Still deflects.
Still deflects.
Still deflects.

he’s deflect is wide not tall. Throw it above him. That’s how I stun him with Mccree now.
Genji neutralizing melee with deflect is stupid. His deflect hitboxes are also stupid.
i love being brainwashed by plat propaganda

i’d just like to let u know though that you aren’t going to get genji nerfed, he’s categorically balanced lol

You spelled 'Blizzards Love Pillow & Golden Child' wrong.

He's OP but Blizzard knows all the 'Cool! A cyborg ninja!' 12 year olds and and ego-bloated streamers will screech like demented parrots if he's ever actually fixed.

Remember when he was BUGFIXED into not having ledge dash? People were up in arms about how it would 'Ruin Genji' that he could not launch himself at mach 50..

And this was on top of his bus-sized reflect that goes through walls
And his dash that's as wide as a football field, hits around corners, and does not stop if stunned.
And that his dash resets if he gives you a paper cut sometime last year & then his friendly Soldier kills you.
And his shurikens with no drop or damage falloff
His ability to cancel reflect to dash, meaning he controls each and every fight.
And has double jump which basically makes his head hitbox disappear
And wallclimb..

So he can initiate any fight. Turn any fight around. End any fight. And run away if it still somehow doe snot go in his favor.

But sure 'he's balanced'.

If 'balanced' means 'Most broken OP piece of crap in the game'. But enjoy your training wheels, Genji mains. You'd suck without them.