Moiras beam needs some sort of ammo system

General Discussion
Why is it that she is the only hero that has continuous ammo without the need to reload? She already has a strong kit.. Zarya, winston, and Sym need to reload so why doesnt Moira? Its a annoying enough that she can grab you 20m away and spam orbs all day long
01/10/2018 06:55 AMPosted by TinyTauren
Why is it that she is the only hero that has continuous ammo without the need to reload?

D.va... but I agree. She's very good
Why is it that she is the only hero that has continuous ammo without the need to reload?

D.Va, Hanzo, and (technically)Reinhardt don't need to reload
Yes. Damage should drain the same way healing drains.
Why is it that she is the only hero that has continuous ammo without the need to reload? She already has a strong kit.. Zarya, winston, and Sym need to reload so why doesnt Moira? Its a annoying enough that she can grab you 20m away and spam orbs all day long

Because it does one of the lowest damage outputs in the entire game. Zarya and Symmetra's weapons can all increase in damage, whilst Winston's can penetrate barriers. Moira's doesn't get strong in any way nor does it have any extra traits.
01/10/2018 07:06 AMPosted by Kurando

Because it does one of the lowest damage outputs in the entire game. Zarya and Symmetra's weapons can all increase in damage, whilst Winston's can penetrate barriers. Moira's doesn't get strong in any way nor does it have any extra traits.

Agreed. No increase damage, doesn't go through barriers, low DoT (the life suck by itself I mean) plus there's no headshot critical damage with it either
Cause she needs to do damage to heal herself and refill her healing meter, you put a limited ammo for her and her effectiveness drops immensely.

At that point, they might as well redesigned her.
1. Her job is to heal and she requires damage to keep her meter full so she can heal, she is the only healer who's healing is on a resource meter requiring her to heal. If you make her beam short range you will make it much harder for her to keep herself and her team alive due to a lot of people knowing how to aim and her only having 200 hp.

2. Apples and Oranges:

•Winston - A highly mobile tank with significantly more health and more dps that can damage multiple people at a time. His damage also ignores barriers.

•Zarya- Again, a tank with more health and more dps that becomes more powerful the more damage she absorbs with her shields. The damage from her projectiles is instant.

•Sym- Her beam locks on much easier and wraps round corners. Her damage also ramps up the longer you have the beam on someone until the point where she even melts tanks. Although Sym is a support, she cannot heal, therefore, she doesn't have to worry about teammate's health or healing them and can focus on setting up turrets and placing her ult without putting herself in as much danger due to her being able to camp in her nest.

3.If you can aim, you can kill Moira. She has one fade and her orbs are on a 10 second CD believe it or not, they only do 200 damage as well. Keep in mind that scatter arrow, which kills tanks is on a 6 second CD and hook which is almost always a death sentence is on an 8 second cooldown and both of thise abilities belong to characters who can one shot. Moira's damage doesn't ramp up and when she orbs herself it takes away from her healing her team.

4.Armor is Moira's nightmare. I know from experience that even trying to 1v1 a Bastion with 3 brain cells is a no no. His armor makes it impossible for you to do any significant damage before he kills you and your orb basically does nothing and this is when he's in recon mode. I even have trouble killing Torb when he keeps throwing on armor because she does so little dps against it.
She has one fade and her orbs are on a 10 second CD believe it or not, they only do 200 damage as well.

That's like 80% of the roster my man.
I think the issue is that people don't respect Moira's beam vs squishies. It has the lowest DPS in the game (40 I think?) and it has a deceptively long range. I've caught numerous Genji's and Tracer's who go in all confident but then don't realize I'm draining their life away while they're enaged with that tank over there. Moira can't really 1v1 a competent Genji or Tracer, but she can chip away at them if they screw up and go in too deep.
01/10/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Hyperion
She has one fade and her orbs are on a 10 second CD believe it or not, they only do 200 damage as well.

That's like 80% of the roster my man.
scatter does 400+ damage and overpenetrates for the same amount of damage. Moira's orb attaches to multiple people and the damage is shared stop trying to make Moira seem like some unstoppable force when she is very easily killed if she makes a mistake, throwing the wrong orb can mean your teammate's or your own death, throwing an orb at the right time and angle is important in deciding if you heal your team well/ do good damage or if it's useless and you have to wait 10 seconds to heal or ward someone off with the orb again. Missing scatter has much less of an effect because if you miss you can climb over and behind a wall, run/hide for 6 seconds, or continue to one shot people due to you being a sniper. Hanzo isn't an unstoppable force either but I'm sick of people acting like Moira's orbs are broken and never blaming themselves
It technically does since you need to RMB to LMB.