Idea for Torbjorn: A new turret variant

General Discussion
Torbjorn presently isn't strong at higher tiers of play due to tanks making him relatively weak. There's also his big critbox making him weak against snipers, but I feel snipers should be an intended weakness for Torbjorn.

But to address his weakness against tanks, I think Torbjorn needs to be able to choose between 2 turret varieties. One would be the current turret we know and love to hate, while the second would be a slower, less-accurate turret that does better against large targets (namely tanks). I'd personally have it as some sort of charging railgun turret; it'd take a second or so to ready its shot, then fires a projectile that pierces barriers, but has a projectile speed that makes it dodgeable by faster enemies. Upgrading it would increase the damage of each shot, while its Molten Core version would fire significantly wider shots.

He'd still only be allowed one turret out at a time, but being able to choose between two variants would improve his flexibility and make him feel a bit more useful. Besides, if he's such a brilliant engineer, why does he always go with just one turret variant?
considering all tanks have shields n' stuff, this turret would probably be only better at taking out Mech D.vas and doomfist.

also: the turret doesn't necessarily have to target tanks, either, it could lock on to a tracer and be stuck trying to shoot her until it dies.

good idea, but it needs some more thought.
12/20/2017 12:37 PMPosted by tacticturtle
considering all tanks have shields n' stuff, this turret would probably be only better at taking out Mech D.vas and doomfist.

also: the turret doesn't necessarily have to target tanks, either, it could lock on to a tracer and be stuck trying to shoot her until it dies.

good idea, but it needs some more thought.
Not if the turret pierces barriers.

And if your turret is firing on a Tracer instead of a tank, that's probably the enemy team effectively countering you. You'd need to adapt.
sounds cool, maybe he even has to be within 10 meters of it for it to work.
12/20/2017 12:46 PMPosted by Tactician
sounds cool, maybe he even has to be within 10 meters of it for it to work.
No, that wouldn't be fun at all.
I think his current turret would get jealous of the new one...
12/20/2017 12:42 PMPosted by darkdill
And if your turret is firing on a Tracer instead of a tank, that's probably the enemy team effectively countering you.

So... every game? Since every game has a Tracer...
12/20/2017 12:51 PMPosted by WashableBomb
12/20/2017 12:42 PMPosted by darkdill
And if your turret is firing on a Tracer instead of a tank, that's probably the enemy team effectively countering you.

So... every game? Since every game has a Tracer...
This topic isn't about Tracer. It's about Torbjorn, so let's keep it to that.
He should honestly be given new turret spots, or make him get to new turret spots, flanker's shouldn't counter the anti-flanker.

This idea is nice,but his mouse2 is already the tankbuster.