10-0 Placements

Competitive Discussion
01/02/2018 07:19 PMPosted by SgtBlunt
01/01/2018 10:27 PMPosted by AnsatsuKen
Now I'm at 3005 SR, 31W-12L-1D. While learning how to play tracer. Still waiting for that "broken" matchmaking to kick in. My MMR was mid Gold for all of last season, so not sure if you can say MMR rules placements. It's all above individual skill and how you can translate that to a win.

you just wait your SR is going to tank because youre win rate is getting too high, when the system corrects and tries to drag you down to a 50/50 wr you will get the crappiest of teammates. Don't think its true u just keep playing my friend.
This happens every time someone comes to the forums talking crap to others because they were able to “climb”, can’t wait for it to happen to this guy lol. Honestly he might just stop playing just cause he hit diamond.
01/02/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Snoopy
01/02/2018 07:19 PMPosted by SgtBlunt

you just wait your SR is going to tank because youre win rate is getting too high, when the system corrects and tries to drag you down to a 50/50 wr you will get the crappiest of teammates. Don't think its true u just keep playing my friend.
This happens every time someone comes to the forums talking crap to others because they were able to “climb”, can’t wait for it to happen to this guy lol. Honestly he might just stop playing just cause he hit diamond.

You make it seem like hitting diamond was some kind of feat, it wasn't. I don't think you have references as to why I made the post. I've played S7 with my non dominant hand(stuck gold), but now I'm playing with my dominant hand(waiting for "rigged" MMR).

Since you both don't understand statistics, getting to a "50\50" win rate would eventually happen once you reach your skill cap. Even for the Pros, they'll hit 51% win if they played thousands of games against similar skilled players. The problem with top 500 is that you don't play against just top 500 or GM players (population issues).

Let's say 3k SR is my Max skill level. Currently I'm at a 73% win rate with 45 games. Now if I played 100 more games but only won 1 and lost 1, making them both 50 per. I would end up with a 57% win rate, while staying around 3k SR. Now do another 100 wins and losses, and my win rate will be 53%.

Eventually everyone gets closer to "50/50" if they're at their skill limit playing against similar skilled opponents.

Since I have a 73% win rate at 3k, do you think I'll get stuck in diamond? Games will become harder to carry as I reach my skill limit, but that doesn't mean the game is rigged to force me into a 50% win rate. It's just an outcome of playing hundreds of games and my limit.
Lol here you go, still either willfully misinterpreting the meaning of 'rigged mmr' or trolling.

You go little buddy! You're triggering everyone so good!
01/02/2018 05:50 AMPosted by AnsatsuKen
01/01/2018 10:32 PMPosted by PureRogue

I can bet you will change your story when you will get in lose streak. But unill then you can brag about your skill.

No, that's not what I'll think. What I'll think is "I'm at the rank were my individual skill is no longer superior to my peers, and that I've reached my skill limit." I'm not going to blame my teammates for not getting me to top 500.

The real question is will you blame your teammates after a whole season of not being able to hit 3300?
Yeah matchmaking still blows in this game, i came back to the game and did my placements at the end of season 7, got placed at 2400 and then now in season 8 i placed in 2700, lmao. Best part is i'm a diamond player when i actually put time into this game and yet the game is still dumb
01/03/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Okay
Lol here you go, still either willfully misinterpreting the meaning of 'rigged mmr' or trolling.

You go little buddy! You're triggering everyone so good!

LOL, please write it out on math what you consider "rigged MMR". Since I've yet to see one logical post that has math trying to explain the problem.

01/03/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Orbit

The real question is will you blame your teammates after a whole season of not being able to hit 3300?

What makes you think I would get stuck at 3300? Or Diamond for that fact? And even if I did get stuck, why would I blame my teammates? Is it because of the toxic and bad players complaining about it on the forums?

Anyone that sides with MMR is rigged or handicapped, is a toxic player and I'm 100% sure of that. You have to be arrogant and narcissistic to think you're the best player and that its your teammates or matchmaking holding you back.

I rather be honest with my own ability than blame some external factor for my lack of progression, but that may not be you.
I don't agree with everything Ken says or does but he still makes more sense than that wannabe science fiction writer in the other thread.
01/01/2018 12:00 AMPosted by Riversky
I keep seeing these postseason about people with flawless or close to flawless placement matches getting placed according to last season. So tell why do we even need placements. Is that the question everyone is asking?

I think the answer to this is pretty simple, it's to simulate a "fresh start". The reason we have seasons is to reduce the burnout effect. Blizzard is obviously still experimenting with the best course of action for season length, placement weight, SR adjustment, etc. I think the issue is players go in to placement matches thinking that if they play really well that they are going to magically jump up 500 SR, which is never the case for the average person.

Best answer I can give to this is stop focusing on your SR so much and work towards being a better player. Don't put SR on the "pedestal" or devalue yourself as a player. If you think you can work towards a certain rank or ELO, then improve on your best heros and invest the time to make that goal. On the other hand though, be realistic with your expectations. Not all of us have the skillset or natural ability to reach master/grandmaster.
LOL, please write it out on math what you consider "rigged MMR". Since I've yet to see one logical post that has math trying to explain the problem.

I'll make one attempt to help you, but I believe you're just 'trolling' so I doubt you'll care, or grasp the concepts at hand.

Folks use umbrella terms like 'rigged' when referring to both the SR system and the Matchmaker.

What they are typically referencing, are a wide array of phenomena. These include, but are not limited to:

1.) SR gains. This is a hot topic right now, but clearly it's contentious and worth discussing, given the recent change to how SR is calculated for certain ranks, and not for others. There is little transparency, and even a brief perusal of these forums show much confusion and discontent with performance based SR, and with how SR varies between teams, teammates, and what exactly is even taken into account for SR gains or losses, with or with out individual performance.

Many have posted documented SR gain/loss disparity over hundreds, if not thousands of games. You can find these posts yourself if you are actually interested in data. There is a documented tendency for MANY players to always lose more SR than they stand to gain, even when accounting for individual performance. Just because YOUR SR gains/losses seem fair/fruitful, does not mean this is what every other player is experiencing.

2.) Matchmaker. Lots of players do not enjoy being matched with new players, if they are high level. Lots of players do not like being matched with players they have reported before, or players that have reputations as throwers etc. It doesn't make much sense to many, for matchmaker to place 3, 4, 5, or even 6 players that tend to play the same roles or heroes, on the same team. Many players would happily opt-in to longer queue times to wait for a more fair match.

None of these are new issues, or hard to find on the forums. They are very roughly referred to interchangeably, and one can infer that typically people are referring to the way the competitive game mode works, ~in general~ which includes things like SR calculations and Matchmaking algorithms.

What you are doing, and what every troll like you does, is either willfully misconstrue this, and lump genuine, sometimes data rich analysis of this game, with people that are 'complaining about what rank they think they should be,' or you genuinely do not understand what you are talking about, and think any critique of this game is 'whining.'

Furthermore, you could play every game for the rest of your time in Overwatch, and never 'feel' or experience something you construe as 'rigged' or unfair, and that would absolutely in no way at all whatsoever, invalidate others experiences, or data. Pretending that this sort of fallacy holds water is fooling nobody, which again is how we can all tell you're a try hard troll.

These are not the same types of issues. Any reading of this situation where you continue to conflate various issues for your trolling is pretty transparent, especially given your attempt to for instance, call me 'stuck in silver' as if that has any relevance on grasping the concepts being discussed.
01/03/2018 06:28 AMPosted by AnsatsuKen
Since you both don't understand statistics

Is shoe back?
12/31/2017 08:53 PMPosted by AnsatsuKen
I was stuck all season around 2300 SR, ended at barely 2400.

Used my right hand, and after my placements I'm 2722 SR. Clearly the game is "rigged" right?

Edit: I love the downvotes, I'm at 3005 now, and still haven't seen that "rigged match making."

Game is not rigged. Eventually you will hit the wall, and many have hit this wall. blaming leavers, griefers, and some other !@#$ that only affects possibly 5% of their games. I been at gold on 2 accounts and earned myself to masters. Is it possible? Yes, but jacking off and saying "It's the teams fault" will not get you anywhere.

If you are a damage class each team fight you MUST get 2 kills (You have to carry your supports). If you cannot either play a different role or get better. Don't expect a mercy to kill someone for you.

If you are a tank class get at least ONE kill each team fight (No help, but a full solo kill) If you can't do that then ask yourself what are you contributing to? Holding up a shield is not good enough. Applying a huge amount of pressure that made your damage classes kill 3 is good enough.

Healers are to position themselves so that they heal the most, and die last (sleep darting genji, asking your damage classes to back you up). If you cannot do that you need to improve or heal enough for the team to win the fight. There are a bunch of clips of top 500 players doing it.
01/03/2018 01:31 PMPosted by TankNSpank
12/31/2017 08:53 PMPosted by AnsatsuKen
I was stuck all season around 2300 SR, ended at barely 2400.

Used my right hand, and after my placements I'm 2722 SR. Clearly the game is "rigged" right?

Edit: I love the downvotes, I'm at 3005 now, and still haven't seen that "rigged match making."

Game is not rigged. Eventually you will hit the wall, and many have hit this wall. blaming leavers, griefers, and some other !@#$ that only affects possibly 5% of their games. I been at gold on 2 accounts and earned myself to masters. Is it possible? Yes, but jacking off and saying "It's the teams fault" will not get you anywhere.

If you are a damage class each team fight you MUST get 2 kills (You have to carry your supports). If you cannot either play a different role or get better. Don't expect a mercy to kill someone for you.

If you are a tank class get at least ONE kill each team fight (No help, but a full solo kill) If you can't do that then ask yourself what are you contributing to? Holding up a shield is not good enough. Applying a huge amount of pressure that made your damage classes kill 3 is good enough.

Healers are to position themselves so that they heal the most, and die last (sleep darting genji, asking your damage classes to back you up). If you cannot do that you need to improve or heal enough for the team to win the fight. There are a bunch of clips of top 500 players doing it.

Not every critique of this game or first hand account of experiences is 'blaming.'

Some people simply must get more throwers/leavers than others, there are millions of players in this game, and the Matchmaker is far from ideal.

This is not a difficult concept.

Yes, some players are clueless, 'bad' or whatever 4chan meme word you want to call them.

But to continue to purport that "you are where you belong" simply because you personally are satisfied with your rank, or you personally do not get lots of throwers, is asinine, and extremely telling as to precisely how full of crap you are.
01/03/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Okay
01/03/2018 01:31 PMPosted by TankNSpank

Not every critique of this game or first hand account of experiences is 'blaming.'

Some people simply must get more throwers/leavers than others, there are millions of players in this game, and the Matchmaker is far from ideal.

This is not a difficult concept.

Yes, some players are clueless, 'bad' or whatever 4chan meme word you want to call them.

But to continue to purport that "you are where you belong" simply because you personally are satisfied with your rank, or you personally do not get lots of throwers, is asinine, and extremely telling as to precisely how full of crap you are.

I get throwers also. It's honestly nothing new. How did you think when I was gold, and platnium? It was no leavers or throwers? Honestly grow up. I gave good advice to climb, but you seem like a butt hurt individual making it out to seem like every game is a thrower. (Also the other team can throw as well but let's ignore that fact. LOL)
Looks like in previous seasons you used Genji, Sym, and Lucio mostly and had a really low win rate. Now you seem to be sticking to primary DPS characters (like Tracer, Soldier, and Hanzo) and seeing an uptick in winning. Essentially it looks like you picked up usage of DPS that are strong in your rank rather than picking fill and it has paid off.

This isn't a bad observation, in fact it's great you've swapped to heroes you're better with. That being said though it doesn't mean the system isn't stacked. You just made a radical change and saw a radical result.
I keep seeing these postseason about people with flawless or close to flawless placement matches getting placed according to last season. So tell why do we even need placements. Is that the question everyone is asking?

There is no point. This is the only competitive game where they let you hold onto rank from all of your previous season without earning it. I look at Rainbow Six Siege for example. 5vs5 extremely team play oriented and high mechanical skill fps. Every season they reset SR. You have to do placement and re-climb. You never get to hold rank. In fact Hots lets you hold rank too. But other blizzard games like hearthstone and wow you have to start from scratch and re-climb. I seriously don't get their logic here. There plenty of rank games that reset after each season. BUT blizzard thinks, by letting you hold onto your rank it makes you "gud". But in fact you can hold diamond, master, and gm. Just by getting it once in any season. Follow it up, by doing placement only at the last week of the season and you get to keep it. Such a stupid system.
Why have you not played a game since touching diamond?
01/03/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Snoopy
Why have you not played a game since touching diamond?

Funny isn't it? I have a feeling it's one of these three:

1) The friends he six stacked with (after being called out on his sudden perfect 50% winrate for the next 19 games after placing) aren't available again until the weekend so he can't risk going into solo queue as he would start losing again, or

2) He's too scared that he will lose the next 20 games, or

3) He's been banned from comp if the account did indeed have an aimbot

Everyone has had winstreaks, and if you're way outside your true SR you should be able to carry games. As he is an old 4000 SR player dropped to Gold he should be able to climb with about a 90% winrate. He's BSed about 'learning tracer' as the excuse as to why he lost so many games.
He has dropped to plat now lmao. -grabs popcorn-

It is pointless, you play 10 matches that might affect your SR by 100?. You just go back to the same rank you were at previous season. Might as well stay at your current SR and have it rollover to next season.

I would rather play 10 matches and get SR gains and losses.
You are 2950