10-0 Placements

Competitive Discussion
01/03/2018 01:54 PMPosted by TankNSpank
01/03/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Okay

Not every critique of this game or first hand account of experiences is 'blaming.'

Some people simply must get more throwers/leavers than others, there are millions of players in this game, and the Matchmaker is far from ideal.

This is not a difficult concept.

Yes, some players are clueless, 'bad' or whatever 4chan meme word you want to call them.

But to continue to purport that "you are where you belong" simply because you personally are satisfied with your rank, or you personally do not get lots of throwers, is asinine, and extremely telling as to precisely how full of crap you are.

I get throwers also. It's honestly nothing new. How did you think when I was gold, and platnium? It was no leavers or throwers? Honestly grow up. I gave good advice to climb, but you seem like a butt hurt individual making it out to seem like every game is a thrower. (Also the other team can throw as well but let's ignore that fact. LOL)

I'm not here to teach you reading comprehension. I'm glad you think you have the high ground, somehow, by resorting to multiple insults though, again, very telling.
Placements mean nothing unless you're a brand new player.
I'll bump this to have the stats updated, and hopefully AnsatsuKen is starting to consider that things don't match what he believed. I'll also try to inform people as to why he made this thread.

AnsatsuKen is a full believer that good players climb easily. Back a few seasons he was SR 4000, before he injured his arm making using his right hand to play impossible and/or painful. He played using his left hand for the mouse and dropped to mid Gold SR.

If the giant 'SR is Handicapped' threads, he claimed he would climb easily to his old rank once he started using his dominant hand again.

I claimed that he would climb easily for 10 to 15 matches then would hit the MMR 'handicap' wall, which will start making him have much harder games than he should for his actual skill level.

His first 10 games were wins, but then for the next 19 he had a perfect 50% winrate.

He then had a small streak again getting to touching diamond, came back to boast about it, but then didn't play for a few days and has been quiet since that last boast. That is because his current record puts him back into supporting my theory, and I'm not sure he wants to admit it.

Current stats are:
Time Played 15 hours
Games Played 85
Games Won 49
Games Tied 1
Games Lost 35

That looks like a 57% winrate, but if you adjust for the 10 wins that he did in placements before his MMR was 'refreshed', so after removing those 10 games it's actually:

Games Played 75
Games Won 39
Games Tied 1
Games Lost 35
Winrate: 52%

There is no way he should be hitting a fairly close 50% unless the system is facing him against other people that belong a lot higher, or teaming him with people who belong a lot lower.

It is also unreasonable to expect a person to go 100% winrate for 10 games then basically hit exactly 50% after that point. This really does indicate something screwy happens with the matchmaking system when your MMR has you drastically above or below your current SR..
01/04/2018 11:33 AMPosted by WebKinzKing
You are 2950

Stayed around 3000~3100 yesterday.

01/04/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Snoopy
He has dropped to plat now lmao. -grabs popcorn-

Dropped 50 points, you make it seem like I dropped down to 2501.

01/03/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Jorlan
01/03/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Snoopy
Why have you not played a game since touching diamond?

Funny isn't it? I have a feeling it's one of these three:

1) The friends he six stacked with (after being called out on his sudden perfect 50% winrate for the next 19 games after placing) aren't available again until the weekend so he can't risk going into solo queue as he would start losing again, or

2) He's too scared that he will lose the next 20 games, or

3) He's been banned from comp if the account did indeed have an aimbot

Everyone has had winstreaks, and if you're way outside your true SR you should be able to carry games. As he is an old 4000 SR player dropped to Gold he should be able to climb with about a 90% winrate. He's BSed about 'learning tracer' as the excuse as to why he lost so many games.

Didn't playing until yesterday because I've been busy with other things. I played yesterday because of the snow day.

1) I solo queue only, my friends quit the game a long time ago. Most of them were also just around gold.

2) I won:lost 1:1 yesterday, I played bad. I have bad days too :).

3) I said I was mid Masters since S3, two things in regards to this. You don't know the back story of why I was not able to use my right arm, but if you really care you can look it up. Since S7 was my recovery period, but I I've also changed my eDPI from 2400 to 5200 for my right hand, it's actually very high compared to what I used to play. So I don't have a lot of muscle memory for flicking at 5200 eDPI, so I just track.

Its funny that you think I have an aim bot, I think it's more so that people in lower rank just suck so they play way out of position. Also for Tracer, I still have no clue how to use pulse bomb and barely get kills with it since I miss so much and I don't know the 1 clip range at all. The only "good" thing I'm at, is tracking? Only time Ive players Tracer before this is when I had to use her to stall the game out, but everyone does and that accumulates to less than a few games per season.
01/04/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Jorlan
I'll bump this to have the stats updated, and hopefully AnsatsuKen is starting to consider that things don't match what he believed. I'll also try to inform people as to why he made this thread.

AnsatsuKen is a full believer that good players climb easily. Back a few seasons he was SR 4000, before he injured his arm making using his right hand to play impossible and/or painful. He played using his left hand for the mouse and dropped to mid Gold SR.

If the giant 'SR is Handicapped' threads, he claimed he would climb easily to his old rank once he started using his dominant hand again.

I claimed that he would climb easily for 10 to 15 matches then would hit the MMR 'handicap' wall, which will start making him have much harder games than he should for his actual skill level.

His first 10 games were wins, but then for the next 19 he had a perfect 50% winrate.

He then had a small streak again getting to touching diamond, came back to boast about it, but then didn't play for a few days and has been quiet since that last boast. That is because his current record puts him back into supporting my theory, and I'm not sure he wants to admit it.

Current stats are:
Time Played 15 hours
Games Played 85
Games Won 49
Games Tied 1
Games Lost 35

That looks like a 57% winrate, but if you adjust for the 10 wins that he did in placements before his MMR was 'refreshed', so after removing those 10 games it's actually:

Games Played 75
Games Won 39
Games Tied 1
Games Lost 35
Winrate: 52%

There is no way he should be hitting a fairly close 50% unless the system is facing him against other people that belong a lot higher, or teaming him with people who belong a lot lower.

It is also unreasonable to expect a person to go 100% winrate for 10 games then basically hit exactly 50% after that point. This really does indicate something screwy happens with the matchmaking system when your MMR has you drastically above or below your current SR..

Hmm I played bad? I love when people think its the system that made me fail. I had so many close matches, but I could tell I was playing bad, if you look even at my crit accuracy it plummeted. You know how I know I played bad? I lost to a diamond level McCree in multiple 1v1s. Even when J pick led widow I couldn't hit headshots at all. There were a few games were I played well, only 2 that I can remember, but for the most part I play bad. Just look at my stats trend and how it everything in regards to accuracy went down.

I hope that you realize all of those game are from 1/4/18.
I went 10-0 with Sombra last season and ended up basically where I was the season before.
01/01/2018 10:32 PMPosted by PureRogue
01/01/2018 10:27 PMPosted by AnsatsuKen
Now I'm at 3005 SR, 31W-12L-1D. While learning how to play tracer. Still waiting for that "broken" matchmaking to kick in. My MMR was mid Gold for all of last season, so not sure if you can say MMR rules placements. It's all above individual skill and how you can translate that to a win.

I can bet you will change your story when you will get in lose streak. But unill then you can brag about your skill.

Wow, you literally had a chance to ask someone that's succeeding in this game what he's doing that you might not be, so that you can listen to any advice he might have for you. But no, you try and call him out for bragging about skill.

This is the actual cancer that's killing this ranked mode. People make threads like https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760747928 and then when someone of a higher rank and/or skill comes along, they implode emotionally and focus on HOW that person says something instead of WHAT they're saying, and they insult them and dismiss them, instead of learn from them.

*drops mic*
01/05/2018 05:42 PMPosted by k9raider
01/01/2018 10:32 PMPosted by PureRogue
I can bet you will change your story when you will get in lose streak. But unill then you can brag about your skill.

Wow, you literally had a chance to ask someone that's succeeding in this game what he's doing that you might not be, so that you can listen to any advice he might have for you. But no, you try and call him out for bragging about skill.

This is the actual cancer that's killing this ranked mode. People make threads like https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760747928 and then when someone of a higher rank and/or skill comes along, they implode emotionally and focus on HOW that person says something instead of WHAT they're saying, and they insult them and dismiss them, instead of learn from them.

*drops mic*

He is still barely Diamond, on what did he succeed , go get your pills