double shield + bastion

General Discussion
why are there no threads disscusing how retarded is the comp? like it makes me wanna uninstall this game. always first push enemy team rolls it out my team just dies instantly and we loose the game in the end, even trying the same comp.
Play any siege hero.

Cry less, counter pick more
These threads go up all the time only reason you don't see it right now it's bc mercy is getting crucified on the ptr and it's actually an issue
>play sombra
>hack health packs to get ult charge
>sneak behind their whole team protecting bastion
>EMP activated
>your team follow up
>enjoy your objective
01/08/2018 06:59 AMPosted by sasliks00
why are there no threads disscusing how retarded is the comp? like it makes me wanna uninstall this game. always first push enemy team rolls it out my team just dies instantly and we loose the game in the end, even trying the same comp.

Let's see... sombra ult, mei wall for displacement, junkrat spam, counter bastion shields of your own... think outside the box instead of "meta" all the time.
01/08/2018 08:25 AMPosted by TheMichau
>play sombra
>EMP activated
>your team follow up
>enjoy your objective

Only flaw here is most of the team doesn't follow up on a good Sombra play :/
Symmetra is really good against this. After all, shields mean nothing to her alt fire. The Bastion can't kill things if he is healing constantly, if Mercy is sitting on him then she cant heal the tanks that are also taking that 125 damage because the orb will pierce everyone.

Also, Moira will be able to harass them again once the orb no longer attacks barriers.

As someone else mentioned, Sombra's EMP is going to devastate them.

Orisa can pull Bastion off the payload

There's plenty of counterplay to it, people just tend to think "We have to destroy 2 barriers using the power poke damage." Then they panic and things go downhill from there.

01/08/2018 07:12 AMPosted by TwixSnickers
01/08/2018 07:00 AMPosted by CamKitty
Play any siege hero.

Yes silver player

You should totally tell that high diamond player to get good and explain to him how the game works

/s

Clearly the "silver player" knows what's up. No need to pull rank here.
Play any siege hero.

Yes silver player

You should totally tell that high diamond player to get good and explain to him how the game works

/s

It appears you're a little upset there friend. It's 2018 now and it is no longer acceptable to belittle other players and is against the ToS. Toodles.
Heyyy nobody play characters in this game because they do things ok guys thanks

In qp its almost impossible to see follow up after EMP :( And even in gold there is still only a few players using vc. Thats one of the reasons sombra is F-tier :/
Part of the problem with this is the DM nerf honestly, D.va used to be the go-to tank for this but now there's really no one who can tolerate Bastion
junk, pharah, bastion+mercy all good ways of dealing with shields. Don't listen to the sombra people it doesn't work alot of the times and just ends up tilting your team. Sombra's actually really good when there are alot of squishy targets imo.
LET THE PIRATE SHIPS SAIL!

It's good that Bastion is getting more use instead of just a usually Niche defense.
On Attack I like Mei in this match-up. Use your wall to move Bastion or put it up Sideways to give him 2500HP to eat through. Even if you're the only person to get past the choke you can assassinate anyone dumb enough to attack you alone. It won't always work but it's more effective than you'd expect.

Defending against a Bastion'd up Payload however is a whole new can of worms. I personally really like Moira here to try and run distraction duty. Realistically though a well executed Orisa or flanky Junkrat will make the biggest impact.

Now I'm not really in a position to give advice but I do know what works in my rank. In Diamondland I'd hope you can at least have one team mate work with you.
Play any siege hero.

Yes silver player

/s

Learn to counter bastion.
I agree with the "silver player" (coming from rank 3958)
01/08/2018 06:59 AMPosted by sasliks00
why are there no threads disscusing how retarded is the comp?

Because DPS mains already scream for tank nerfs enough on a daily basis, you don't need to add to the pile
01/08/2018 08:31 AMPosted by InkedHulk
01/08/2018 08:25 AMPosted by TheMichau
>play sombra
>EMP activated
>your team follow up
>enjoy your objective

Then you deserve to lose.
It's a legitimate strategy, no matter what derogatory names are applied to it. It simple requires coordination from your team to counter it.

The counter to enemy teamwork is teamwork.
If it works, it's a smart tactic. You don't get points for style in comp. And it's no more cheesy than the "Let's use all the most mobile heroes at once and attack all the time" dive strategy which has reigned supreme for so long.