Remove suicide and self-harm

General Discussion
I will never stop making these threads. Remove self harm and suicide from the game..(obviously I'm not talking about death pits, but weapons and ults) Dva got her suicide removed, junkrat got his removed, now remove it for pharah, soldier, zarya, bastion, Tracer, and dva's micro missiles. It serves no purpose.

"BUT ITs there to force you to play a hero in x way!!!!!" I say you should be able to play a hero however you want, without killing yourself because you are playing someone 'wrongly'. Why do we have to stay medium or long range as pharah and shoot long range rockets (very very hard to get direct body shots), why are we punished for wanting to play her as a divebomber? Why are pharahs killed in literally 0.75 seconds if any physical object or hero is within 10 feet of them during barrage, why do they lose a point in deathmatch if they try to get a last rocket on a close enemy but end up killing themself.

Why is rocketjumping as tank bastion part of his strategy to get a higher angle on people but he is punished for it, same with soldier and zarya. Why does dva's missiles do tickle damage if she is close to something? (I timed it and it takes 1 min 7 sec to de-mech yourself with them) It is pointless and the whole roster of people who can harm themselves are WILDLY inconsistent in how quick they kill themself (pharah being the obvious #1 choice for suiciding in 0.75 sec during ult and for doing 20% of her total HP in self-damage per normal rocket)

If Blizz is so intent on keeping suicide in the game, at least equal out all self-harm so its consistent and some heroes who already die way too much as it is, aren't getting the short end of the stick while others have self harm that does trivial negligible amounts. Make every hero above do 20% to their HP per self harm, or make every hero do 5% to their HP, or remove self harm entirely

Why can't we at least test no-suicide overwatch on the PTR??? Isn't that what the test realm is for? Why can't we test something that necessarily doesn't have to go live, but just let us see how it plays?
Yeah, the game should teach us that it's safe to blow up rockets in our face. That's a much better message for kids
Sure, you can jump off a cliff.

After all, there's no suicide in Overwatch, right?

(Sorry, but this is immediately what came to mind after reading the title)
Dude, what.
01/08/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Dalas120
Yeah, the game should teach us that it's safe to blow up rockets in our face. That's a much better message for kids

I bet you love Junkrat then
"it's part of his character's design to be around bombs so much that he's immune lol"
then what the hell is Pharah's fullbody head-to-toe military thick armor for...
I am totally lost.
01/08/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Lacerta
Remove self harm and suicide from the game, it is not a good thing to promote, in any form or fashion

Ooooooh boy.
So you want Pharah to lose proximity damage and you bring a topic like suicide in to strengthen your plight? Classy.
Pharah in close range is deadly, self harm is absolutely needed for her. And self-harm in general does serve a purpose, it encourages thoughtful play and adds more (and very fun) counter-play.
01/08/2018 01:34 PMPosted by theirishfuse
So you want Pharah to lose proximity damage and you bring a topic like suicide in to strengthen your plight? Classy.

I want all heroes to lose self-suicide and harm as I think its a useless and awful and annoying mechanic that restricts creativity in how you play a hero, I am referring to suicide by the game's version in how you can blow yourself up and have to respawn
Nothing to see here... next thread please.

(Oh and for the record: You are using the word suicide wrong - bad grasp bud.)
So in the real world shooting a rocket launcher at my feet is perfectly harmless?

Didn't think so
01/08/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Park
Nothing to see here... next thread please.

(Oh and for the record: You are using the word suicide wrong - bad grasp bud.)

should I say self-murder then? accidental self-homicide?
No. I use Zarya's Grenade damage to push me away from a Roadhog that hooks me on cooldown.
rofl...
01/08/2018 01:38 PMPosted by InsertTag
So in the real world shooting a rocket launcher at my feet is perfectly harmless?

Didn't think so

slamming into the ground from multiple stories up
having landmines and grenades explode right next to you
having a giant robot explode right next to you
charging at 30mph into solid walls

just some examples of things that should hurt the hero in overwatch if I use your logic
Its a matter of Risk vs. Reward.

It doesn't "harm creativity" it just encourages that you actually think through your actions.

Phara, do you put while there's a d.va around? She may dive in your face and you'll kill yourself.

Soldier/bastion is it worth getting to high ground to waste time and self heal?

Zarya... uh... shield auto regens. No harm really.
Someone is way to salty about their lack of trigger discipline.

However:

They could always give rockets safety prime timers like they do with real weapons of this nature. Pharah fires a rocket point blank into someone and it would only do kinetic damage, no explosion or splash. Rockets have to travel "x" distance to arm themselves. Nerfs her up close but she wouldn't self harm anymore.
Junkrat is designed to be powerful in small areas.

Pharah is designed to be powerful in wide open areas.

Junkrat is not as good in wide open areas.

Pharah is not as good in enclosed areas.

Remove self damage and Pharah would literally just stand in chokes and fire rockets at her feet.

The self damage exists cuz unlike Junkrat, her missiles detonate on impact. She doesn't have to hit her target dead on, she's just gotta hit the ground at their feet. With no self damage, you may as well just play Pharah like you'd play reaper and shoot everyone point blank.