Hit Diamond and Still Losing More SR than I'm Gaining?

General Discussion
So I finally hit diamond on my main account the other day. I was so thankful when I did, since the new SR system has been so well reviewed so far. When I was in plat and below, I was continuously losing more SR than I was gaining, making me have to win three games for every one that I lost to gain just a decent 20ish SR. I am a Support main, though I'm not sure if that matters or not. I have heard people do not gain as much SR when playing support as they do dps and have witnessed it first hand as well, but I have no confirmation as to whether this is purposeful or not. According to some apps/websites I outplay 70+% of people in my rank so I clearly am not performing as poorly as i could be.

However now that I am in diamond, I am not seeing much change in the way I am gaining/losing SR. I have a 54% win rate for the character I have 20 hours played (out of the 21 hours I've played this season). I'd say that's a fairly decent win rate. And tonight after just finishing up my comp/stream session, I won 6 or 7 games and lost 3. Yet somehow I ended up lower in my SR than when I started. How is this possible.

Does it take time for the win percentage to update? Am I understanding the new sr system incorrectly? I'm just wondering what is happening to make me lose so much SR when I'm winning the majority of my games. Any help is appreciated, thanks everyone.
I couldn't tell at a quick glance what the problem was, my bad- but just for reference the new SR system works like this:

Every rank below diamond is weighted more towards you, so if you outplay your entire team and get 4-5 gold medals and stayed on fire yet still lost; you won't lose nearly as much as the person that contributed the least all around. This is to kinda funnel smurfs upwards out of tainting lower ranks or people trying to solo climb with no avail

Every rank diamond and above is purely team based. If you all lose you all lost and no amount of showing off or throwing will change your individual SR gains/losses. This is to prevent one tricks from playing poorly or not working well with the team, in a higher competitive setting the team as a whole needs to work together and they'll be rewarded accordingly
01/09/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Breezy
I couldn't tell at a quick glance what the problem was, my bad- but just for reference the new SR system works like this:

Every rank below diamond is weighted more towards you, so if you outplay your entire team and get 4-5 gold medals and stayed on fire yet still lost; you won't lose nearly as much as the person that contributed the least all around. This is to kinda funnel smurfs upwards out of tainting lower ranks or people trying to solo climb with no avail

Every rank diamond and above is purely team based. If you all lose you all lost and no amount of showing off or throwing will change your individual SR gains/losses. This is to prevent one tricks from playing poorly or not working well with the team, in a higher competitive setting the team as a whole needs to work together and they'll be rewarded accordingly

I understand the basics of how the SR system changes between the ranks. I'm more confused to this certain point, as when I win more games than I lose and still lose more sr than I gain. That is the same thing that was happening to me in Plat and below.
01/09/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Sky
01/09/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Breezy

I understand the basics of how the SR system changes between the ranks. I'm more confused to this certain point, as when I win more games than I lose and still lose more sr than I gain. That is the same thing that was happening to me in Plat and below.

That doesn't get more lenient the higher you go. It's exactly the opposite. It's supposed to be harder to stay in higher ranks, so you need to have a higher win rate in order to maintain it.