Genji is not fun to play against in OW

General Discussion
I personally do not play genji but he is surely fun to play. Now the way you are talking about Genjis kit is like saying look at 76 he can damage you if he clicks on you also i hate how people say no aim and dislike an ability because it can be used as an escape well lets see what heros can do that also Junkrat and Doomfist oh would you look at that shouldnt you be more mad that doomfist also happened to oneshot most heros that he connects with his punch. Jokes aside rather than complaining about him a true competitive player will seek the answer in "how to counter" rather than complaining and asking for a nerf tho tbh one reasonable nerf for genji would be to give him fall off in his shurikens ( i dont know how to spell that) like hanzo arrows for exampe but i am not the one to say so :D
IMO, a great Genji is probably the most annoying hero to play against in the game. This whole "just bait deflect and kill him when it's over" is NOT an effective strategy on really good Genji players because

A) Genji doesn't need to use deflect every encounter, a lot of the time he gets the drop on your because of his mobility and if he's consistently hitting his shurikens, he can take you down as quickly as any DPS hero
B)they can cancel deflect with a dash and
C)they have full movement during deflect so they can use it for protection while retreating if that's what they're trying to do OR
D) your teammates might not care if he's deflecting as long as he's not deflecting back at them.

That being said, my only actual complaint about Genji is the size of his deflect box. I think they need to match it closer to what you see visually so it won't be such a guessing game when doing things like trying to flashbang above him to stun him out of it.
Of course the “not fun to play against” argument is totally fine when people are using it against Genji
Let's make it clear, Blizzard said they have no plan to change any part of Genji, so you either git gud, or be a crybaby on forum and stay forever a crybaby. Nobody is fun to play against if getting outplayed consistently and I believe your case is no difference.
Genji just has way too many options. Tracer too. Those two will dominate as long as their kits stay the same because of how much opportunity they have to make plays. i always say it but mobility is the no.1 most powerful thing in any game with moba type elements, unless the non-mobile characters are ridiculously strong numbers-wise. That's why lucio has been a high tier pick for the whole history of the game pretty much. That's why tracer has never had to be buffed. That's why genji has gotten plenty of nerfs/buffs yet has always been relevant. Nobody complains about Reinhardt, Roadhog(when he doesn't really one shot people anymore), Pharah, (mobile, but still slow as !@#$ so easy to kill), any of the supports besides lucio and mercy (oh the most mobile ones, what a surprise), bastion (unless super strong numbers-wise as I said before) etc.
And it’s not fun spamming shooting a shield that will be replaced in 8 seconds, but I have yet to see a complaint against Orisa.

When will you people learn that “unfun to go against” is literally the worst possible argument. It is literally the job of the enemy team to make your life a living hell, god forbid you actually get outplayed.
Bro if you can't even deal with sub plat genji players then you're just bad
12/14/2017 04:02 PMPosted by orangejuice

good argument
12/14/2017 12:26 PMPosted by pooch
Sorry to hear that.

I find him rewarding to kill and insanely fun to play as.

People who enjoy more things in life than others tend to have happier life. I hope you become such a person and have a happier life.

This is the mentality of anyone who plays smash bros and picks marth, because lucina is just not that fun apparently

You love the fact your character basically has an edge outright and you feed off that. Genji needs to be toned down, he's an S tier character like tracer.

You mean sub plat smurfs that literally solo shred your entire team?
12/14/2017 05:27 PMPosted by Elias

You mean sub plat smurfs that literally solo shred your entire team?

No, you're just bad and can't accept it because of confirmation bias.

But don't fret, if you practice your aim properly 1v1ing genji with any hitscan is a pretty 50/50 outcome
12/14/2017 12:20 PMPosted by MyToxicTeam
NINJA POWER!

This ^^
12/14/2017 01:09 PMPosted by SnareToxic
12/14/2017 01:04 PMPosted by TwixSnickers
You have 136 hours on 76 in QP.

Put it to use.

Pick 76. Wait for Genji. Trigger him to use deflect. Kill or force to retreat Genji.

People underestimate how versatile 76 is. You can poke him from any range and make his life hell. He can't do the same to you without coming dangerously close. And even when he's close, he generally won't be able to kill you in your healing field unless you're standing perfectly still. Occasionally, he will manage to deflect your helix. But most of the time, he shouldn't be able to unless you horribly misplay. And if you do manage to helix him, fight is over. It's possible to easily kill him even without helix in a close range if you're used to how his double jump animation works. You can put ton of damage into him.

You’re missing the point. Forcing him to retreat is a 5-10 second bandaid at best.

Forcing him to retreat still buys your team time. Thats time he has to leave.

And if you're forcing genji to retreat chances are you're out dueling him to begin with and one of those times he'll and up dying.

Since when is making the enemy retreat a bad thing? Especially when it comes to objectives. Thats valuable time.
i also find sym and torb not fun to play against let's get rid of them thx
Have you considered the posibility that you just suck at this game?
12/14/2017 04:08 PMPosted by Buzzintate
12/14/2017 12:26 PMPosted by pooch
Sorry to hear that.

I find him rewarding to kill and insanely fun to play as.

People who enjoy more things in life than others tend to have happier life. I hope you become such a person and have a happier life.

This is the mentality of anyone who plays smash bros and picks marth, because lucina is just not that fun apparently

You love the fact your character basically has an edge outright and you feed off that. Genji needs to be toned down, he's an S tier character like tracer.

Except he is not, He is only a top B tier on his peak, and usually only sits on high C and low B tier most of the time, the only S tier characters are speed nano ana, lucio before the mercy's rework and now valkyrie mercy.