Console vs PC players?

Competitive Discussion
So i've been watching Top 500 gameplay on Consoles and the gameplay looked to be the equivalent of a platinum game on PC.

So the questions i have:

If someone plays in Top 500 on console would that translate to Top 500 on PC? or do you think it would translate to a lower rank?

Thanks in advance!

DISCLAIMER: I don't own a copy of console overwatch so i'm generally unaware of the differences between PC and Console.
I’m not sure if you’re really looking for an answer here - seems more like you wanted to flame.
So you literally play nothing but mercy and think you can judge a gap that big playing a nearly braindead hero compared to most?

Ok. Sounds legit.
12/29/2017 08:57 AMPosted by Hegemoness
I’m not sure if you’re really looking for an answer here - seems more like you wanted to flame.

Not true, It was simply a question. I've heard of people saying there is a difference in rank due to some characters being unplayable on Console.

12/29/2017 08:57 AMPosted by Noihara
So you literally play nothing but mercy and think you can judge a gap that big playing a nearly braindead hero compared to most?

Ok. Sounds legit.

The fact your saying Mercy is brain dead hero all together makes me discount your opinion entirely. It sounds like you're flaming me because of a character i like to play.
I used to play console and was gm. I had zero pc gaming experience and it took me 3 months of playing pc to hit grandmaster.

Not true, It was simply a question. I've heard of people saying there is a difference in rank due to some characters being unplayable on Console.

No it's easy to play any char in comp on console. I play on both and they both feel the same on any rank really. It all depends on mics tho. A master on PC without a mic is just as much as a disadvantage on console without a mic. I also noticed many PC players hate on console based on their perceptions of what it's like never having experienced it. Love it when a DPS says this character is impossible to play on console but their mcree and hanzo can barely lands hits on PC let alone HS even with 400+ hours on them. The only real difference (after getting reacquainted with controls) is what people train with for practicing skills.
anyone on console COULD also be top 500 on pc. however the playerbase is MUCH smaller. Its easier to be considered good when the population you are comparing is small.

that doesnt mean that an individual on console couldnt be much better than individuals on pc just that if they were to switch competition is MUCH tougher.

when you watch console play they make really low level mistakes at mid ranks it seems easy to just call them all bad. they arent ALL bad though.
i played the first season on PS4 and hit rank 68 (68 was top 500 at one point, by season end i think 72 was cut off for top 500). Then came to PC and have been basically high plat/low diamond my whole time. This is an alt account and I mostly flex and try out different heros so its rank isnt as high as the main. On ps4 i also 2-3 stacked most of the climb. I think 2-3 stack is the way to go for climbing.

OW was my first FPS on PC so my mechanics arent great. I also played way more in season 1 than i have any other season on PC.

I think PC is waaaay more toxic than console and you run into more people who just dont really care or dont want to try after you lose one team fight. I felt on console more people didnt have mics or didnt talk, but they were more willing to listen to people who did have mics and would make call outs.

Also there have been several top 500 players from console make the swap to PC and also hit top 500.
Literally the only difference is the technology advantages. Someone could master a controller just as well as a mouse, but it would take a whole lot longer for someone to master the controller compared to someone using a mouse. One of the key advantages is simply fps though. Console just won't support anything beyond 60 fps right now and having a pc with a superior graphics card and 144+ Hz monitor is putting yourself at an advantage.
The biggest difference at that level is game sense, I know of at least 5 friends who moved to pc from top 500 on xbox and got to gm and top 500. One player in particular named Tensa was top 10 on console as a support main and got pc and played on controller still and got top 50 on pc playing support and tank.
It's much harder to aim on console.

So after the adjustment period, the skill translation for players who master aim-dependent characters would be higher.

For players who main tanks, defense, and support (excluding widow and hanzo), their skill translation might be lower, simply because those heroes are less powerful in an easier aim environment,
I'd think that a really good console player would be an excellent pc player once they adjusted to the differences in controls. I mean, if you're good on a platform where it's generally accepted that it's not as precise just due to how information in inputted, then the increased precision with a mouse would probably make them feel that much better once they got used to it.

The main thing I think that would stop them from climbing as high as they might otherwise would be the larger population on PC. Big fish little pond/small fish big pond kinda thing.
lol that's absurd no one with a mind of plat would be in grand master whether its on console or pc
Pretty sure you're trolling, but here goes.

Aiming and movement is very dumbed-down on console simply because you cannot perform as well with a controller rather than m&kb. That doesn't mean they're bad at the game. Anybody can make the switch from console to PC and do just fine once they get adjusted to the new platform.
12/29/2017 01:03 PMPosted by GenjiTracer
Pretty sure you're trolling, but here goes.

Aiming and movement is very dumbed-down on console simply because you cannot perform as well with a controller rather than m&kb. That doesn't mean they're bad at the game. Anybody can make the switch from console to PC and do just fine once they get adjusted to the new platform.

I swap between the two regularly but it's super awkward when it's been a few weeks or more
HIgh diamond on PS4, reached Diamond in PC for 2 seasons now, currently 2900, (everyone loses some games lol).

I'll be diamond again by the end of season.

Anyway, differences? yeah there are some, but time and time again, people like Arikadou (GM Console Genji) now a GM in PC, DPSstanky and others have proven that a good player is still good regardless of platform.

Can we bury this discussion now?
You might be mentally prepared to reach GM on pc however getting the aiming and moving down will take a bit to master. Same goes for anyone who has only played pc, they will struggle at first but eventually get better at it.