Can we get rid of all heroes losing Ults?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
Throw a pulse as Tracer, lands on the ground, you get killed, the bomb disappears magically.
Get flashbanged as Ana while casting Nano and you lose Nano
Get stunned as Lucio while you do your jump with your ult lose your ult
Rein's ult being interrupted by flashbang
Mei's ult dissapearing
Bastion can lose ult in his initial tank animation

This is only a few examples, with many more heroes affected.

The "one size fits all" approach does not work in a game like Overwatch with 26 heroes.

Edit: I'll be adding more heroes to the list that get the brunt end of this update.
Highly Rated
I agree. When something has left your hand, like a Tracer Bomb or Snowball, the fact that they magically delete if you die AFTER they're already going makes no sense.

It would be like Junkrat's tire just up and disappearing if someone kills you while you're using it, which happens a lot.
01/01/2018 02:33 PMPosted by SeraphimSong
I agree. When something has left your hand, like a Tracer Bomb or Snowball, the fact that they magically delete if you die AFTER they're already going makes no sense.

It would be like Junkrat's tire just up and disappearing if someone kills you while you're using it, which happens a lot.
yep lol makes no sense
Highly Rated
I don't even understand why they went through with the ult loss thing. It did nothing but nerf every hero except for the one hero the community intended it to.
Highly Rated
Should’ve only applied to Genji and 76 tbh. It hurt pretty much everyone else. Lucio’s ult has become pretty bad now.
01/01/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Reaper
I don't even understand why they went through with the ult loss thing. It did nothing but nerf every hero except for the one hero the community intended it to.

It absolutely nerfed Genji. You kill him whilst he's activating it and he loses it.
Yeah a one size fits all approach is wrong
All the community wanted was for Genji not getting a second chance once you killed him during his ult activation. What we got instead was a nerf to everyone else as well. Some may say it's fair that way, but it feels pretty dumb to me personally.
Half the time it happens it's but pure luck. I'd understand Pharah, Reaper or Zenyatta loses their ult because it's moslty activated instantaneously but to lose your ult because you got stunned in the 0.3 seconds your ult is starting (like Ana's, Mei's or Orisa's) is just annoying and extremely frustrating.
01/01/2018 02:42 PMPosted by FLnarRayya
Half the time it happens it's but pure luck. I'd understand Pharah, Reaper or Zenyatta loses their ult because it's moslty activated instantaneously but to lose your ult because you got stunned in the 0.3 seconds your ult is starting (like Ana's, Mei's or Orisa's) is just annoying and extremely frustrating.
thats my thought process about it. un-needed.
01/01/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Endlave
All the community wanted was for Genji not getting a second chance once you killed him during his ult activation. What we got instead was a nerf to everyone else as well. Some may say it's fair that way, but it feels pretty dumb to me personally.
The message it sends is ridiculous, too. It's like they wouldn't have ever even touched Genji had it not been a universal nerf.
Soldier and Genji were the problem tbh, they could activate their ult and you would react and take them down, then they'd come back 20 seconds later and pop ult again... Wasn't really an issue for characters like Lucio. I think they need to consider the characters individually rather than giving them all the same treatment.
there should be a .5 sec forgive time if u die within that period you keep your ult
This is the only game I've ever played where abilities go on *full cooldown* when they don't even go off if interrupted. I wouldn't say it's a refreshing change. I would say it is annoying as hell and makes 0 sense.
we need more people questioning these specific ult killers
01/01/2018 02:53 PMPosted by saltycoffee
Soldier and Genji were the problem tbh, they could activate their ult and you would react and take them down, then they'd come back 20 seconds later and pop ult again... Wasn't really an issue for characters like Lucio. I think they need to consider the characters individually rather than giving them all the same treatment.

I've heard/seen lucio ult and reacted to that and shot him in the face (as Widow) to prevent the ult from going off.

The way it works now is fair (all heroes lose all ult charge when you press button). The only problems is with ults that go off (something is thrown) and the item which left the hand disappears when you die anyways. As long as the item is in the hand it should disappear but if it has left the hand then it shouldn't be tied to you heroes HP any more.
What makes me the most mad is that for characters like Reinhardt or Ana, it's not even like a massive outplay. When it happens, it's like they just happened to interrupt you in it. It's not like they made a conscious decision to interrupt your ult in that like .5 second timeframe.
This change is so awkward. There's many people who don't keep up with patch notes that get super confused when their ult disappears and think that it's a bug. When a feature feels so bad that people assume it's a bug, maybe they need to rethink their decision.
This is why you dont ask for adjustments in blizzard games, they have no idea what theyre doing and have proven for the past ten years they will take the laziest, easiest way out of any situation even if it destroys part of the game
and yet junkrat still drives his tire around after you kill him lol.