So, I played on PTR the new Mercy...

General Discussion
01/05/2018 03:57 AMPosted by Cr0ssfad3
01/05/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Deatheye
10/10 best joke

They made a game good enough for you to be posting on their forums. Seems like they do

For me, the reason I post on the forums is to try and get Blizzard to actually balance this game. I like almost everything about this game, but game balance is the thing that really is making this game no where near as good as it could be.
They need to keep the instant Rez when on Valk mode, especially if they are going to keep the CD at 30 seconds. Otherwise, you just have a Zen/Orisa interchangable Ult because no Mercy is going to risk the healing/buffing she gives her entire team to rez one person.

Not to mention it’s going to make the Huge Rez achievement impossible to do. It’s hard enough as it is after the rework. No need to create another luck base achievement.
Tbh, I think after 2 weeks of test they will keep the duration reduced, the speed bonus reduced, the additional rez removed but will give her rez instant cast back.
01/05/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Ashram
Tbh, I think after 2 weeks of test they will keep the duration reduced, the speed bonus reduced, the additional rez removed but will give her rez instant cast back.
PREACH!! This is what me and a quite a few others!!

01/05/2018 04:44 AMPosted by OnicX
01/05/2018 03:57 AMPosted by Cr0ssfad3
They made a game good enough for you to be posting on their forums. Seems like they do

For me, the reason I post on the forums is to try and get Blizzard to actually balance this game. I like almost everything about this game, but game balance is the thing that really is making this game no where near as good as it could be.

No you don't advocate balance you're one of the people who say crap like mercy is dead.
Peoples considered Mercy as a ''godly'' healer even before any of the nerfs, but there was a reason why Mercy couldn't get to top 500 and why they weren't played in OverWatch league.
Yes, Mercy ''was'' best healer (before Moira came out, now they are around the same quality of heals), but she wasn't playable in top tiers, as having her would mean one less person who can't kill, because unlike ANY OTHER healer she can only choose 3 options:
1. ONLY heal
2. ONLY dmg boost
3. ONLY kill
Obviously since her healing and dmg boost are godly most Mercys would choose the other 2 options since her ''guns'' are completely useless and waste of everyone's time. (Unless she is in situations of 1v1).
With that having Mercy who can get kill easily if u track on her and who cant kill, u r down one less person, means ur team is gonna get less kills in this match.
So only way of Mercy working in higher tiers is if team actually give a !@#$ about Mercy and trys to protect her time to time (good Mercy would know how to escape certain situations but when u r pray to more then just one person, u can't do it alone, just like everyone else). This is one of the reasons why person who is getting healed by a Mercy can see her HP bar, but like I said most of the time no one gives a %^-* or they cant give a !@#$ because they are in heat of a war.
This is why Lucio, Ana, Moira, Zen are WAY better. Yes their healings might be less (except Moira's) but u have a person who will actually kill and now u have a person whose ult is actually game changing unlike Mercy's that is completely pointless now.

Lucio - Heals everone over time, haves amazing ult, haves a speed boost and can boop even most deadliest enemies like Roadhog.
Ana - A sniping healer who can heal from distance, can cancel almost EVERY ult with sleeping dot, can cancel enemies heals and haves amazing ULT.
Zen - Can heal one person from distance and actually only support who can one shot someone and haves life saving ult.
Moira - One of the best healer, she can escape any ult when ever she can or any danger, can kill even when peoples have shield, her ult can heal and kill at the same time, and haves one of the highest dmgs from support.
Symmetra - Wait... is she even support? lol
Mercy - Great healer. And... thats it lol. Can't kill, resin used to be useful but does it haves purpose now? Ult doesn't pretty much do anything except extend healing/dmg boost... and also makes her an easy pray to snipers, soldiers, mccree during her ult.

Balanced? I don't really think so.

A good Mercy main during 1.0 would stick into a team fight right till the end. Hide and seek was stupid strat that only worked sometimes. A good Mercy main would only leave the fight if they thought the wombo combo of ultimates was coming out. As really any hero should (unless you have Lucio or Zenyatta). Mercy 1.0 was about reading the game, predicting what was going to happen and how to best use your ultimate to prevent your team from losing.

Mercy 2.0 is less in team fights then 1.0. Sure she sort of sticks around by flying but, your not actively doing anything interesting. You just hover and heal maybe damage boost to secure the last few enemies.

Hm okay I see your point, all be it, I neva saw a mercy in my games that wasn't "everyone die on point" just so they get better stats.

But I believe you, and more to the point I do agree with you, old mercy was more adrenaline fueling, and imho was better, but I doubt blizzard will go back on changes.

But I'd like to also say, I do find the new mercy fun too, I think she is now balanced on PTR IF SHE GETS INSTA REZ BACK! That is my only complaint. That way there she will dash into fights again for a Rez. And gives Roadhogs, or anyone with cc to kill her.

The thing is it depends on the teir you play... in the previous megathread most of apparently did the hide and seek strategy and the die on point were generally of higher rank, in diamond, master, gm and top 500.

Then there is the issue of the die on point and the returning from spawn situation. Usually if the fight ongoing and you are returning, players will either retreat, scatter or if they get the gist die on point so you bring them back.

Then there is the make belief of stat differences...

Healing done is generally 10k to 12k with the best of the best getting 15k...

A gold and GM mercy can get around 10 to 12k... so healing wise there not much room to compete.

Elimination now... this is funny... mid to lower rank has higher elimination than the higher tier mercy with only the pro's having equal elimination and this sits around a value of 10 elimination average to be a top tier elimination Mercy.

The reason for this is due to the difference in DPS quality. A higher rank dps are better at hitting and killing their target, lower ranks people struggle and Mercy either assist or proceeds to finish them off in self defense.

Offensive Assist - Higher tier have a value of around 20 whilst nid and lower has a value of around 10... now this value can only be gained via damage boosting an ally and them actually hitting and killing targets

Defensive assist is healing a target as they are being hit any rcy who can heal will be able to farm this value sl no competition there.

Next up is resurrection... there 2 variants tempo res, holding a res for ult exchange/clutch/lifeline and mass res

The value for a high rank formerly was 10 to 12 res average for a mid rank it would be around 6

For a mass res, it is easier to farm this value but the team have to obediantly die within range.

Tempo res revive 2 to 3 people to generally keep the fight goinf but issue here is that the skill is am ultimate if you die a lot, 1 ult charge is about all you get all game... the more you heal the more chances for res you will get.

Then the omes who hold onto the res... now they will throw it for either tempo or mass res when the moment counts but because they dont use it often their res value will lower.

Then with 2.0 onwards the res value sky rocketed to an average of 15 to 20 res... an aggressive and engaging Mercy can do that... infact it made us engage more and we were just broken, no doubt about that.

The current ptr iteration seems to discourage resurrecting, like its ringing a message into our head, do that and you will die

I mean... no jokes some matches in the current live is lost because Mercy attempted a res resurrect when it seemingly safe and dies.
Oh, Blizzard white knights...what an insane breed. "Blizzard knows what they're doing", what a freakin' joke.
01/05/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Dva
I've tried her.

She plays the exact same as previously only now she's monotonous, I.E. Valkyrie still gives her near-invulnerability and there's no point in going near a fighter or being engaged with it up.

Time for more Skybox meta ;)
Good that's why they nerfed guardian angel's speed lol. At least now hitscan and ults can kill her. She's fair and balanced now.
01/05/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Ashram

The devs using PTR for actual balance testing? Good one, mate...
01/05/2018 04:56 AMPosted by fayescarlet
Oh, Blizzard white knights...what an insane breed. "Blizzard knows what they're doing", what a freakin' joke.

So, when someone say something against your holly main or has a different opinion, he is either a jerk or a blizzard white knight (maybe both ?)

It must be entertaining to discuss with you on a daily basis :)
Mercy has no ult now kkkkkkk
01/05/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Ashram
She now feels balanced.

No! If shes not the most rewarding healer while at the same time being the absolute easiest to use then she's not balanced!
[quote][quote]<span class="truncated">...</span>

I mean... no jokes some matches in the current live is lost because Mercy attempted a res resurrect when it seemingly safe and dies.

I agree with u 100%, she needed nerf on 2.0. Her resin was just insane.
Actually more tbh I don't even mind that they made her how they made her right now. But then they should give her ability to attack and heal at the same time so she can at least protect her self from ''predators''.
Her bullets shouldn't have a delay upon firing or she should have more valued ult or something that can make her more playable and active while keeping reses to minimum as well.

Leaving her like this, will just resolve in death / none playable character.
01/05/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Dva
I've tried her.

She plays the exact same as previously only now she's monotonous, I.E. Valkyrie still gives her near-invulnerability and there's no point in going near a fighter or being engaged with it up.

Time for more Skybox meta ;)

They certainly if anything needed to tweak valkyrie some but not to the extent of getting rid of an instant cast rez from it. Blizzard should come to their senses and understand Mercy will be 0 fun with this change if it goes live. Go back to the drawing board and present a way to make her fun / balanced in a way that doesn't revolve rezzing in the kit at all or just hurt the mobility of flying so she isn't flinging around at mach 10 speed. Perhaps give her the ability to fly at all is what is really the issue here tbh.
People are overreacting. Dive meta will still be king after the junkrat nerfs. Ana is impossible to run with and against dive. Lucio and zen are run in pro play but generally not on matchmaking. That leaves mercy and moira to fill a slot beside zen. Moira does not have the range that mercy does, and isn’t as reliable. Stop crying, she is still going to be the best healer.
01/05/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Jamster
Hide and seek was stupid strat that only worked sometimes.

I never played hide&seek as Mercy 1.0. Guess because of that I didn't have issues playing Mercy 2.0 as some of us.

01/05/2018 06:19 AMPosted by BobRoss
Stop crying, she is still going to be the best healer.

Still will be must pick, because of the res, just once again more annoying to play. Yeah, sounds like a best healer to me.
01/05/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Ashram
01/05/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Deatheye
10/10 best joke

Blizzard are professionals.
They may have done mistakes (they are humans after all) but I am playing their games since Warcraft : orcs and human and have never been disappointed...

The fact that this dude got so many downvotes says a lot about the community.
... and with mercy mains.

The result is : good job Blizzard.

She is still one of the (or the) best healer in the game, Valkyrie is still a powerful ability with a very high mobility BUT she is now more in line with other healers (i.e she has weaknesses)

She now feels balanced.

Before saying she is dead, try her out. Blizzard know what they are doing.
nope i will just play torb
01/05/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Akary
... and with mercy mains.

The result is : good job Blizzard.

She is still one of the (or the) best healer in the game, Valkyrie is still a powerful ability with a very high mobility BUT she is now more in line with other healers (i.e she has weaknesses)

She now feels balanced.

Before saying she is dead, try her out. Blizzard know what they are doing.
nope i will just play torb

It is your right :) but don’t pretend it is because of this nerf!

When I read :

01/05/2018 04:00 AMPosted by Mercy
High mobility? I don’t think so, not with a -50% guardian angel speed it’s not. Mercy PTR nerfs are overkill.

I just know people react without having testing her out. Because GA is not 50% nerf, the speed bonus while Valkyrie is active is
01/05/2018 06:19 AMPosted by BobRoss
People are overreacting. Dive meta will still be king after the junkrat nerfs. Ana is impossible to run with and against dive. Lucio and zen are run in pro play but generally not on matchmaking. That leaves mercy and moira to fill a slot beside zen. Moira does not have the range that mercy does, and isn’t as reliable. Stop crying, she is still going to be the best healer.

And even more tedious to play. Successful design iteration, Blizzard style.