top 500 should be 500 unique players

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
if they can get to top500 more than once they obviously deserve and clearly you dont if all you do is complain
Those people bought the game multiple times and are good enough to put multiple accounts in the t500. They earned it.
You should just be able to link ur accounts together so they can still get the rewards but not take up top 500 slots
Having more than one account is okay, in my opinion. But one player having more than one spot in top500 is ridiculous. It doesn't make Top500 reliable if it doesn't even showcase 500 different players.
12/28/2017 11:18 AMPosted by ShinyPants
You should just be able to link ur accounts together so they can still get the rewards but not take up top 500 slots

Brilliant idea!
12/28/2017 11:15 AMPosted by alfislegend
Those people bought the game multiple times and are good enough to put multiple accounts in the t500. They earned it.

But is it top 500 players or top 500 accounts?

because sure they certainly earned getting an account into top500 no one denying that but a player taking up multiple top 500 slots means its not really top 500.
Since when does xqc have 3 account in top500 hes always on his main.
They should force the Pro players to stop doing this. They already have rules in place that force them to play regular comp if they're going to make money off of streaming. They can force their pro players to not ruin the leaderboards.

And wow....i have 0 respect for calvin after that "earn it !@#$%" comment. So disrespectful, especially considering how he said it to one of his supporters.
Fat little ^-*! has obviously never had his @#$ kicked before.
easy - just make players have to link their accounts (via phone number or something) so that only their main account will show up in the top 500, in the place that their highest account is.
this would stop smurfing way below your skill tier and also would be a way to stop cheats, by banning all of their accounts (since they're linked)
12/28/2017 11:18 AMPosted by ShinyPants

What happens when someone chooses not to do that? They still have separate accounts that can take up a spot and get the rewards.
12/28/2017 11:29 AMPosted by blurb
easy - just make players have to link their accounts (via phone number or something) so that only their main account will show up in the top 500, in the place that their highest account is.
this would stop smurfing way below your skill tier and also would be a way to stop cheats, by banning all of their accounts (since they're linked)
Some of these streamer types would probably have a hand full of burner phones or added lines, its not that difficult.

the main problem is that its fairly unenforcable. not until no smurfing is added into an updated TOS which wont happen any time soon.
12/22/2017 11:57 AMPosted by Whalepoop
agree, but what ya gonna do.
I started a new account for another player on PS4 as I thought they would enjoy playing against "new" players instead of my silver acct. Couldn't have been more wrong. It is a freaking shark tank down there. I'm not sure what the smurfs think they are gaining by doing this now? It's all smurfs , they ain't dodging anyone, they are playing the same people they wanted to elude by re-rolling just w/o any fancy skins.

I created a 2nd account the other week because my main was suspended for 7 days and I was not going to wait 7 days to play...especially over Christmas break. Sorry Blizzard. (Side note: It was a suspsension for forum violations (bad words), not anything I did in-game itself.)

That said...starting from the bottom was annoying and not because of smurfs but because of the ultra long queue times. The first few games were interesting because I could absolutely DEMOLISH these new players who bought the game yesterday. It was "fun" for a few games and then I felt bad but after a few more the MM seemed to even out. I was no longer dominating games and started to lose again. That said the queue times for a QP match are pushing 4 to 5 mins for this account. My guess is cause the MM is trying to put together players of similar level and skill and maybe its just slim pickens down there.

I just got back on my OG account and can find a game in 30 seconds or less.
12/28/2017 11:24 AMPosted by Cake
Since when does xqc have 3 account in top500 hes always on his main.

I'm not a big xqc fan (i think hes a man child) but last time i checked he had 3 accounts in gm/top 500
12/22/2017 10:59 AMPosted by SPGG
there should be no smurf accounts allowed in top 500 it really is like the top 200 because all of the smurfs almost everyone in top 500 has ta least 1 smurf

pvptwitch- al least 3 accounts
calvin- 4 accounts
chro- at least 2 accounts
xqc- at least 3 accounts
wraxu- at least 2 accounts
fuey500- 1 account
eeveea- 3 accounts and one account in plat so 4
wanted- at least 2 accounts
sinatrra- at least 2 accounts
이펙트 (effect)- 1 account

don't argue that if they can get into top 500 they deserve it because they already have top 500 on there main so they are obviously going to get it on there smurf

also calvin is totally wrong https://clips.twitch.tv/SpeedyHardWombatHeyGirl

EDIT: hey 100 likes thanks

EDIT 2: OMG 150 LIKES

EDIT 3: OMG 180 LIKES

EDIT 4: 200 LIKES!

EDIT 5: 250 LIKES! blue post soon?

I agree, but at the same time, it really doesn't matter. Not like Top 500's get their own games or their own queues or anything, as as long as that's not implemented, it's practically irrelevant whether you get a special shiny badge under your name or not.
there should be no smurf accounts allowed in top 500 it really is like the top 200 because all of the smurfs almost everyone in top 500 has ta least 1 smurf

In an ideal world smurfing wouldn't be allowed at all, not just the top 500.
Personally I don't care, seeing as the average player is diamond and below with a handful in Masters and GM, maybe if the odds of other players reaching it it may matter more to me but those odds are slim to none which is why queue times get stupid when you reach Masters and even worse at GM.
I think they could say to those with a top 500 account they have to voluntarily disclose if an account is an alt and if a player has more than 1 account only the highest will be eligable for a top 500

This would be kinda self policed as failing to disclose would be an instant ban so they will not

For mmr and matchmaking the system coule use their true sr but they just only get that top500 on their highest account

How about that?
12/28/2017 02:35 PMPosted by Dvshannow
I think they could say to those with a top 500 account they have to voluntarily disclose if an account is an alt and if a player has more than 1 account only the highest will be eligable for a top 500

This would be kinda self policed as failing to disclose would be an instant ban so they will not

For mmr and matchmaking the system coule use their true sr but they just only get that top500 on their highest account

How about that?

Would that really be voluntary then? :P
I actually talked about the problem with smurf accounts here.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760726728?page=1
pvptwitch- al least 3 accounts
calvin- 4 accounts
chro- at least 2 accounts
xqc- at least 3 accounts
wraxu- at least 2 accounts
fuey500- 1 account
eeveea- 3 accounts and one account in plat so 4
wanted- at least 2 accounts
sinatrra- at least 2 accounts
이펙트 (effect)- 1 account
How many smurfs are their actually? Cause if there were 50 or 100 smurf accounts in the Top 500, then it'll be a very big issue.