There IS actually a hard counter to Tracer and Genji.

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Believe it or not, it is actually Torbjorn.

I know from experience. They can go quick all they want, but an aimbot turret will strike them down. Especially with molten core, especially especially since Tracer only has 150 hp. With or without shields and or armor.

The issue is... nobody ever decides to play him. They would rather play DPS or OHK defense heroes, such as Hanzo or Widowmaker. Be lucky if they choose a tank or support.

EDIT I : If the devs actually payed attention to Torbjorn, which he hasn't been tweaked in a LONG TIME, there may be some hope for a hard counter for Tracer and Genji. THEY CAN'T DODGE AN AIMBOTTING TURRET, PEOPLE! I'm bringing this back up.

EDIT II: If we were to grab the attention of a blue post, this'll become a megathread. I do have some ideas in mind where Torbjorn can block damage, or better yet, impair movement abilities.
Highly Rated
only for bad genjis and tracers. there are a zillion ways around the turret.
12/26/2017 11:45 AMPosted by Rezbit

I know from experience. They can go quick all they want, but an aimbot turret will strike them down. Especially with molten core, especially especially since Tracer only has 150 hp. With or without shields and or armor.

The issue is... nobody ever decides to play him. They would rather play DPS or OHK defense heroes, such as Hanzo or Widowmaker. Be lucky if they choose a tank or support.
torbjorn can annoy a genji. Sombra is a good counter because she can cancel his deflect and getaway. When he molten cores or fires his high dosages rivet gun and a genji deflects, he’s probably toast.
You mean his turret counters them. Marginally so. And what does he counter or offer when his turret is down?

Torbjorn offeres to be dead weight more often than a meaningful counter.
12/26/2017 11:46 AMPosted by DarthCookie

Only for bad Torbs who put their turrets in bad spots. If I'm playing KOTH and we're getting destroyed by Genji and Tracer I say "screw it" pick Torb and suddenly they're no longer an issue. My first choice would be Winston but when you get teams that have no chance of ever hitting either flankers you're better off just goin Torb.
12/26/2017 11:47 AMPosted by Beasst
When he molten cores or fires his high dosages rivet gun and a genji deflects, he’s probably toast

This is, IF, he is near his turret, AND, if Torbjorn is firing at a deflecting Genji. From my experiences, most people don't.

And Torbjorn would only activate Molten Core in a situation where the enemy team comes in bursting with ults. Last time I checked, Molten Core > Dragon Blade. Numerous times over. Even Torbjorn becomes anti-tank.
12/26/2017 11:48 AMPosted by Roomba
You mean his turret counters them. Marginally so. And what does he counter or offer when his turret is down?

Then Torbjorn retreats back with his team, and builds another.

Its all about turret placement, and fending off. Not exactly for kills.
The counter is knowing how to play
I would agree that Torb does indeed counter Tracer. The auto-aim, her little health, and Torbs armor packs for his healers all make Tracers life hell.

Torb definitely does not counter Genji, though.
I usually bring out Junkrat. A mine to the face is usually enough to kill them or scare them off for a while.

Ah but you forget my friend, you can be banned for playing torb.
12/26/2017 11:53 AMPosted by Coulumbo
Torb definitely does not counter Genji, though.

To adequately damage the enemy team, Genji is usually required to be short to moderate distance away from his target. Torbjorn's turret can spot him out at an average-to-long distance away, fending him off his teammates.

Torbjorn wins. Even if Genji decides to use deflect the bullets from the turret, he can repair it.

To score long distance shots with Genji is like throwing dense rocks at a tree at about 100-200 yards away.
12/26/2017 11:57 AMPosted by Eihder

Ah but you forget my friend, you can be banned for playing torb.

No, you can't.
12/26/2017 11:47 AMPosted by Beasst

torbjorn can annoy a genji. Sombra is a good counter because she can cancel his deflect and getaway. When he molten cores or fires his high dosages rivet gun and a genji deflects, he’s probably toast.
fun fact: torb on molten core can tank the damage returned from genji deflect. Deflect only last for 2 sec. Torb can also use armor pack
Soldier is better, helix plus like 2 shots tracer dies before she knows what happens. Even if you miss heal + high damage means you almost always win vs tracer. Genji is a bit harder but more than likely he will come in, shoot him up a sec he deflects you heal, he has to run or die. Of course its never a true 1v1(or rarely) but you have the upperhand and with heal you can help keep whoever they try to kill alive long enough to either kill them or chase them off
? Genji at least is one of the first heroes i think of to counter torb... Between Genji's reflect and lack of fall off damage he can safely snip turrets from afar. Even Tracer's pulse bomb is useful for instantly killing the turret on a push before Torb can Ult.

Torb doesn't hard-counter any hero, just bad players
12/26/2017 11:46 AMPosted by DarthCookie

Ok? Is every Genji main Shadder2K clone that can’t ve countered by their actual counters? Why is always the Genji put so high when talking about counters?

The average playerbase is gold-plat so this “a good/smart/whatever Genji can’t be countered” statement needs to go away already
12/26/2017 12:01 PMPosted by MetalzFish
? Genji at least is one of the first heroes i think of to counter torb... Between Genji's reflect and lack of fall off damage he can safely snip turrets from afar. Even Tracer's pulse bomb is useful for instantly killing the turret on a push before Torb can Ult.

1. Torbjorn would simply construct another turret if its in sniping range of Genji. Its about turret placement. Bad turret placement will have it destoryed.

2. It would be one HECK of a ult waste if Tracer would use her bomb on a turret. Again, Torbjorn will just make another behind his teammates.
pffft why play torbjorn when i can just play roadhog and teabag them after a hook. !@#$%^-*!@ with torb doesnt really work since youre nowhere near them and they cant hear your voiceline.
What about Pharah? She stays often in the air, so it's hard for a Tracer or a Genji to take down a Pharah.
Also i think Mei could be a valid antiflanker, but needs buffs and bug fixes to perform that role