SR placement experiment; 2 pc's 2 accts

Competitive Discussion
i decided to see for myself what the mmr nonsense was about and made a 2nd acct to do QP (virtually NO ai stuff) and then placements once they went live.

i have been playing this game for about 2 months all combined. this acct i'm posting on is the 2nd account. heres a quick breakdown of the pertinent details..

main account;
created 11.3.2017
season 7 placed: ~1510, dont recall exactly
season 7 highest: 1685
season 8 placed: 1134 (wtf? almost all junkrat and i kicked !@#)
computer: asus rog laptop, 60hz monitor, i7 4770, gtx 770

alt account;
created 12.28.2017
season 8 placed: 1838 playing mostly widow.
computer: home built desktop, i7 6850K, asus PG258Q 240hz monitor, gtx 1070 SC

conclusion; placements are too heavily canted by whatever rank you had before, and, apparently going from 60fps monitor to 240 when playing mostly hitscan is worth about 700 SR. did i magically get 700 SR better in the same week? no. did i get 700 SR better across the 2 month period that i've been playing? probably.

but bottom line, dont stress about the 'secret' mmr too much. all you can do, is do your best.
haha lol, love this long detailed joke my dude . 8.8/10 rating from me. keep it up ill pay 2$ to see your stand up comedy
The game simply doesn't have enough data on you. From the look of things the game has slightly boosted your 2nd account but looking at your hero stats, you'll no doubt fall back to around your main accounts SR.
i need to solve some uh, position issues. my aim is about on the master level. but, its inconsistent and im not sure why. ive already double checked that theyre the same between both accounts. maybe i should just play tracer instead =]

even gm's are about 50% scoped accuracy, 20ish crit, 3.0 k/d and im pretty close to that. now if i could just stop whiffing shots sometimes.. but whatever.

the big SR difference in 2 months (but on much better computer) is indicative that SOMEthing is going on, but one could draw more than one conclusion about what it may be.
I have two accounts. It's really more complex than your previous sr has too much weight. Some days you play at 2700 mmr other days you may play at 2200 mmr.

On a brighter side of things since they removed the 500 sr anchor I've seen more consistent matches.
01/04/2018 09:00 PMPosted by SaidTheRogue
i need to solve some uh, position issues. my aim is about on the master level. but, its inconsistent and im not sure why. ive already double checked that theyre the same between both accounts. maybe i should just play tracer instead =]

even gm's are about 50% scoped accuracy, 20ish crit, 3.0 k/d and im pretty close to that. now if i could just stop whiffing shots sometimes.. but whatever.

the big SR difference in 2 months (but on much better computer) is indicative that SOMEthing is going on, but one could draw more than one conclusion about what it may be.

GM's have 50% scoped accuracy, with high crit and high k/d / kda against other gm's who counter them, don't give them space, and make it hard to achieve those stats. In silver, you have none of that. You can't do an apples to apples with a silver stats, to a gm's besides none of that is really relevant anyway. Two entirely different games at those ranks. The only "something" that is going on is that theres not enough data to put you where you belong. Maybe you've gotten better and you'll sustain that rank or even go higher, or you'll go back to where your main account is. THe only way to really tell is to keep playing games.
my aim is about on the master level.

Dude. You have "master level" stats against kids with no ADAD, and no positioning/awareness. That does not make your aim master level.
..no, as ive explained to others in the past, if what you say is true then there would be a serious bell curve, and there just isnt. this info can be checked across multiple ranks on all the usual sites.

youre saying.. if someone is good, then if theyre in silver they should have 60% acc or 80 or whatever. in short time spans, ppl do, im sure of it as sometimes i do too. on an ongoing basis tho.. no. the mechanics of aiming dont change regardless of rank. still gotta move the mouse and shoot stuff, whether you play at 4600 or 1600. only thing changing that is player skill.

or is it? i really think theres a cap to what kind of performance AND consistency a human hand moving a mouse can accomplish. this is why no matter how good of a player you look at, things top out at 50-55% scoped accuracy for widow, even at the top500 level.

once again, these numbers are like, ongoing running averages. you know.. proper figures. across some kind of short time span, then yes you could have a game where you show 90% accuracy or whatever. maybe you only played widow for a short time and only took 9 shots or what the hell ever. done exactly that sorta thing myself, i was like wooo check me out 90% acc. yep, across like 12 shots. means nothing.

back to the point.. did my skill magically change when i log from one account to another? nope. im sure it increased a little across the 2 months ive been playing but i was given to understand 700 SR is a big difference. blahhhh...
01/04/2018 09:25 PMPosted by SaidTheRogue
..no, as ive explained to others in the past, if what you say is true then there would be a serious bell curve, and there just isnt. this info can be checked across multiple ranks on all the usual sites.

youre saying.. if someone is good, then if theyre in silver they should have 60% acc or 80 or whatever. in short time spans, ppl do, im sure of it as sometimes i do too. on an ongoing basis tho.. no. the mechanics of aiming dont change regardless of rank. still gotta move the mouse and shoot stuff, whether you play at 4600 or 1600. only thing changing that is player skill.

or is it? i really think theres a cap to what kind of performance AND consistency a human hand moving a mouse can accomplish. this is why no matter how good of a player you look at, things top out at 50-55% scoped accuracy for widow, even at the top500 level.

once again, these numbers are like, ongoing running averages. you know.. proper figures. across some kind of short time span, then yes you could have a game where you show 90% accuracy or whatever. maybe you only played widow for a short time and only took 9 shots or what the hell ever. done exactly that sorta thing myself, i was like wooo check me out 90% acc. yep, across like 12 shots. means nothing.

back to the point.. did my skill magically change when i log from one account to another? nope. im sure it increased a little across the 2 months ive been playing but i was given to understand 700 SR is a big difference. blahhhh...

Didn't finish reading what you said. You're missing a key point. GM players at your SR would have well above 50% accuracy. There wouldn't be any bell curve.

No dude, just listen to me for a second here.

The targets that you are shooting do change, silver's, bronzes, and holds are easy to hit. I have 11% crit acc with mccree, I'm still a low plat last I ranked in.

Those numbers don't mean much, there is a lot of information that isn't there. You could be popping tanks for crits and only feeding the enemy team for all we know.
In all seriousness. I have a main account that has 600+ levels on it. The rank is up and down between 2200 and 2500 most seasons. I tend to get gold in placements and end the season in low plat. It's so hard to rank up, but super easy to rank down. It's an Icy hill to climb.

Skip to my alt account that I got to play in rank and not worry about losing, since it would be used when i hit losing streaks on my main. I did my first ever placements with it this season and played the same characters.

I get 2700 and I have ranked up to 2800 with it.

I've never been in that rank before and was scared to be in it. I was a fool for thinking that after playing some matches. It felt the same for me as being in gold. This SR system confuses me greatly sometimes. :P

I did get my my first 144hz monitor for Christmas. So it's probably that.
what about people like me who have 3+ accounts

Beta account - forever silver/gold. I've been gaining but it's been tooth and claw grind.

Second account - had fun meme'd a lottttt and placed 2300 not bad!!! right?

third and 4th accounts placed in high plat/GM (played at a different location, different names, everything). Played on those accounts and actively stayed where I was in SR and it was a freaking blast! for the people who will forever say it's because I didn't play enough games for it to level out. No, it's not just a few games it's well over 300 games on both.

Hell this account alone has a 44 game win streak. But I also don't play overwatch much anymore I just meme now because how far off this competitives MMR is.
my aim is about on the master level

do yourself a favor and join a custom game (death match) with diamond to gm players.
my aim is about on the master level.

The players you're shooting at in silver are a lot easier to hit than the ones master players are shooting at. I guarantee you that you're not shooting at a master level.
You have GM stats vs low tier players does not make you a GM player.

All my stats are inflated on my alt too. Doesn't mean I'm a GM either. It means I'm performing extremely well at the rank that I am on that account.

The fact that your stats at your rank are roughly the same as a GM at GM rank, to me shows that you are at the skill rating you belong. If you truly had masters aim, you would have significantly better stats than that playing against silver players.
I really do wonder how one can place a new acc that low. I tried to play REALLY bad on a new account, I wasnt throwing but imo I was pretty much doing NOTHING usefull for the 10 placements and the games before that.

I still placed it in plat.
jeez, some people. never said i was a gm level player. far from it.

the logic of gm level of aim vs ppl in same rank as me is flawed. nothing about the mechanics of aiming changes at high level. you either hit your mark or not based on what you do with your mouse. player movement speed is the same. bronze kids strafe back and forth like derps just as is often done at higher ranks.

watch kephrii play, youll see he misses "alot." the simple explanation for this is that hes not an android. you think theres something magically different about a 4200 zen zig zagging back and forth, compared to a 1200 zen? nope, and im sure i'd hit the 4200 zen equally often.

granted, i have other issues holding me back. in any case, aim cant explain the strange things going on with mmr, which is what the thread is about, boys.. ya know, in case you forgot while some of you were busy patting yerselves on the back.
01/05/2018 03:08 AMPosted by SaidTheRogue
jeez, some people. never said i was a gm level player. far from it.

the logic of gm level of aim vs ppl in same rank as me is flawed. nothing about the mechanics of aiming changes at high level.

Everyone is a superstar, haven't you heard? If you're above the poster in ranking, then obviously they can give you advice. It's like trump giving advice because he said " well I was President". You going to listen to him?