Season 7: One Week Remaining

Competitive Discussion
With the season coming to a close, it’s time to ask how the season has been for you? Have you met your goals?

For me it’s been amazing. I had one goal and that was to get my gold gun, met that goal during the World Cup finales. I kept playing here and there and got Platinum. That was surprising because just last season I placed silver. Climbed to gold at the end of the season. Now i’ve climbed to Platinum. Very few toxic players/throwers/leavers

One toxic guy(I have gold medals)
One leaver on my side(messaged them and it turns out it was a disconnect)
Absolutely trash. Dropped from diamond to high plat due to some ignorant and incomplete players refusing to cooperate in the majority of my matches. At least in my region. Nevertheless, there are several players who have, indeed, had a good season.
I didn't even bother.
Not too bad, climbed to a season high of 2709 which is the highest I've managed solo queuing. I stopped there for the season and played on an alt account and in DM.

Can't say I've had fun, my experience winning games/climbing has been more akin to the feeling of accomplishment that comes with the conquering of some difficult and unpleasant task.

The alt account seems to be stuck on low gold so I will probably abandon it next season and focus on improving as a tank player on my main account.
I hit GM on a Smurf Lucio OTing, while my main was hard stuck in low Master dou to me felx Healing and retardts on Hanzo, DF or other Heros they cant play.
Oh and for the rest it was OKisch.
12/21/2017 04:19 AMPosted by FeelsGoodMan
Absolutely trash. Dropped from diamond to high plat due to some ignorant and incomplete players refusing to cooperate in the majority of my matches. At least in my region. Nevertheless, there are several players who have, indeed, had a good season.

This... managed to climb to plat last season due to my switch over to other roles than Mercy only to suffer drops this season due to playing Mercy and having to deal with sheer stupidity from the dps community
Got my lowest SR since got the game.
Terrible, and I don't expect season 8 to be any better unless I manage to hit diamond again and stay in diamond. With no feedback as to why there's no improvements being made to platinum and below, and the fact there's been no improvements planned for season 8 for those tiers, I expect season 8 will be as bad if not worse.
For me it was quite the rollercoaster as I was stuck in low plat high gold for a while then went on a bad losing streak down to nearly silver. After taking a few weeks off of comp I decided to play again and managed to absolutely destroy my previous career high, reaching diamond in about a week.
I'm just thinking whether I should touch competitive this season at all or not. All the flaws of previous seasons added up with the common smurfing I've seen makes me not want to do it, but then again golden guns.
Placed Diamond after two seasons of placing gold and climbing to plat, and three more of placing plat. I'm happy to let my SR decay now.
First season i skipped since S1. Competitive is ultimate garbage right now.

I will give it a chance in s8 because of SR gain changes, but there is not much of hope remaining inside me.
I’m sad I couldn’t play Torbjorn anymore :(
But same SR as usual.
Went ok.

Wasn't as fun as it could be though. Competitive isn't fun whilst heroes are mandatory, and Mercy is very mandatory right now.
Stagnated in mid diamond, went on a 15 game streak win with moira, went to 3460 and suddenly teammates turned bad.
Just the regular overwatch roulette :

Whichever team has more stupids loses SR
It was a good season for me, I actually reached my all time high at some point (even though i dropped a little ^^) and I think with a little more practice, I can reach an even higher rank :3
Still waiting for 5 days left to really play and try to rank up cause of the stupid decay system.
12/21/2017 04:34 AMPosted by JeffDorta
Got my lowest SR since got the game.

Me too just about. I have been slowly and slowly grinding matches since release to get from gold to plat and after one season I lost it all and am back where I started :\. This season is just a !@#$ show of players honestly. I am constantly trying to fill both a main tank and healer slot somehow at the same time because nobody will do anything other than dps and run off on their own.

It really makes you want to just stop playing when everyone you play with lacks even the most basic of basic strategy.
Me and my friend always duo-queue together to do our placements, but his computer exploded when december came, so I waited, and waited, and nothing from him, so I decided to solo queue yesterday.

And I have to say, the 3 matches I did last night were the BEST I HAVE EVER HAD. No toxicity, team cooperating, everything was perfect. Let's hope the other placements are like that as well.