I was wrong about Moira.

General Discussion
Highly Rated
She's pretty balanced TBH, spent some time playing her and think I've found my favorite support to play. Originally I thought her damage beam took no aim but she needs to track and aim and the range isn't that bad since her DPS is subpar.
Highly Rated
Now if only other people who complained about Moira can do the same. Seriously, good for you OP, because at least you judge it by yourself by actually putting effort into playing the hero itself instead of making repeated false claims like some people do in the forums.

And that goes for other heroes as well, seems like its always easier to complain rather than to try out something new and see it for yourself.
I love it when people take time to actually play and understand a character so as to better voice any concerns they may have about them.

It's even better when they learn the ins-and-outs of a character more during this process and end up having FUN while learning about them.

Congrats OP: I'm glad you got something good and worthwhile from all this.
12/31/2017 11:37 PMPosted by Dad76
She's pretty balanced TBH, spent some time playing her and think I've found my favorite support to play. Originally I thought her damage beam took no aim but she needs to track and aim and the range isn't that bad since her DPS is subpar.
Her beam is lock on. Just not as strong as many think.
Edit: Thanks for the downvotes.
Take a lesson from this, people who complain. Play the heroand see if what your seeing holds true from the other perspective.
Glad you took the time to play her and learn, rather than being one of those people with none, or nearly no time on a hero and demanding nerfs. It's always best to see things from the other perspective first.
yea she is balanced but most people complaining about her are Genji mains even though I’m a Genji main I think she’s balanced and don’t complain about her
12/31/2017 11:49 PMPosted by iamhappyso
12/31/2017 11:37 PMPosted by Dad76
Her beam is lock on. Just not as strong as many think.
The easiest way to explain her lock imo is as a single target tesla cannon, only you need to aim a little bit more. The lock and the break for both characters are at the same point (which is different to Mercy and Sym, who have a greater aim range once locked on than they have to create the connection)
Good
All evidence supports this claim
01/01/2018 01:20 AMPosted by UkeNicky
All evidence supports this claim

Too bad there are some people that no matter the evidence, would just believe their lie and not put effort into learning.
Crazy what happens when you actually learn how a character works. Imagine if everyone else could do that as well.
I agree, I felt moira was one of the most balanced from the beginning. She gets a lot of kills, and does a lot of healing too. But, if you think about it, she's not getting a lot of *solo* kills. She's getting far more final blows sort of thing. Plus, to balance her healing, she has to do damage, which requires some thinking and planning on the player's part.
I played a bit of moira and so far i think she is pretty balanced. The only thing i find to be a little bit too strong is moira's right click range
01/01/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Aleks
I played a bit of moira and so far i think she is pretty balanced. The only thing i find to be a little bit too strong is moira's right click range
The range is fine. She needs it.
lmao a guy changes his mind on moira and a buncha support mains start commenting as if he got over a drug addiction, i swear yall funny.

"whoah moira needs a little bit of tracking, despite that its impossible for no-mobility targets to juke or dodge her damage, im going to still pretend like its somehow impressive"
01/01/2018 05:49 AMPosted by EpicTorbBoy4
lmao a guy changes his mind on moira and a buncha support mains start commenting as if he got over a drug addiction, i swear yall funny.

"whoah moira needs a little bit of tracking, despite that its impossible for no-mobility targets to juke or dodge her damage, im going to still pretend like its somehow impressive"

Come on now. Even heroes with no mobility can deal with her. It takes her 5 entire seconds to kill a 200 HP target and most dps need like what? 2 seconds max. I think those moiras just outplayed you
01/01/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Stavros
01/01/2018 05:49 AMPosted by EpicTorbBoy4

Come on now. Even heroes with no mobility can deal with her. It takes her 5 entire seconds to kill a 200 HP target and most dps need like what? 2 seconds max. I think those moiras just outplayed you
4 actually, if she doesn't use damage orb.
The fact that she doesn't need to aim, combined with her insane sustain make her a great duelist.

And Moira can't really outplay people, she is a win by default type of hero, that puts a skill check on the other player, and only that player's skill determines who wins.
Her balls is what I see people complain the most about. I generally use her healing orb the most and I think she's very balanced.