Will the Mercy Nerf let OWL Players play Ana again?

General Discussion
I really want to see more use of Ana and Lucio but the Esport players say Mercy is to strong at the moment, will this change because I love some Ana plays!
I miss Ryujehong's Ana.

Hope she comes back after these changes.
01/04/2018 05:40 PMPosted by ADRIENO
I really want to see more use of Ana and Lucio but the Esport players say Mercy is to strong at the moment, will this change because I love some Ana plays!

Ana is still a bit too weak but it will allow her to be played more for sure.

She's weak mainly because Winston/D.va are so strong and she can't heal through barriers
Nope, Resurrect is still an ability, what we Mercy players want is for her old ult to come back for the most part.
Ana is weak against Dive.

Mercy isn't the issue.
With Winston around? I dont think so, but it would be nice.

But they rarely show the pov of tanks and even less of support heroes, so it doesnt matter anyway.
They rather showed a emoting Tracer (sitting around in the corner) than a Zen getting 3 kills, so I wouldnt get my hopes to high on that anyway.
Ana isn't going to be used so long as Winston is still a viable choice. Prior to Mercy's changes people were always running Lucio/Zenyatta. Mercy replaced Lucio, not Ana
I think they should use both and not moira.

I saw a video with dallas fuel when they where on junkertown and they had moira and they couldn't even almost get anywhere with the payload because they died so often. And their moira didn't heal that much either mostly just went for the damage. And btw i support Dallas Fuel.

For the most part even if this isn't a part of op's thread i just think by adding moira the entire game has been ruined. Like she does so much damage with her balls and her beam. I hope they nerf her OR remove the healh bar from her healing and make her heal all the time.

It's just so stupid that someones healing can run out in the first place o.o

EDIT: Sorry for the moira rant in my post lol i just felt like i had to put it there xD
01/04/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Tesshin
I saw a video with dallas fuel when they where on junkertown and they had moira and they couldn't even almost get anywhere with the payload because they died so often. And their moira didn't heal that much either mostly just went for the damage. And btw i support Dallas Fuel.

Wasn't their strategy to fool around the first round so they could "study" Florida Mayhem?
01/04/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Coulumbo
I miss Ryujehong's Ana.

Why are you getting downvoted for this beautiful post...
I don't understand the problem with Mercy. If people would target her more then she wouldn't need to be nerfed. It sucks that they made a change to a character because people don't think to target this hero. I'm not a "hide and revive" player either. Its just what has happened loads of times, no one really targets me. But that's just my bias opinion since I play all support.
Lol Ana being viable.

Yea no.

Pretty much the only Ana is gonna be Ryujehong, and thats because his team plays around him and guards his Ana like the One Ring so he can get the job done.

Ana is nonviable because her survivability is a joke. After all an off healer that is alive is better than a main healer that is dead.
01/04/2018 05:49 PMPosted by iLiekRice

Wasn't their strategy to fool around the first round so they could "study" Florida Mayhem?

I don't know but i think it's just stupid if they fooled around like that -.-
After countless hours of game testings, the pros will decide if she's still a must pick or no longer a necessity. Reading patchnotes won't tell us how big or small the nerfs really are.

If mercy's no longer a must pick, then yes. We'll see ana lucio, sombra, and others again.
So this is the world now. Game changes based on OWL.
01/04/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Alesana
I don't understand the problem with Mercy. If people would target her more then she wouldn't need to be nerfed. It sucks that they made a change to a character because people don't think to target this hero. I'm not a "hide and revive" player either. Its just what has happened loads of times, no one really targets me. But that's just my bias opinion since I play all support.

If you play the other supports then you should know there's a massive difference in survivability between Mercy and lets say Zen or Ana. People target Mercy all the time, guardian angel and her self regen makes her very survivable(but fair) outside of her ultimate and Valkyrie makes her stupidly hard to kill.
first few weeks will be played with mercy patch btw

But when she does get nerfed you see more ana play from ruyjehong and on numbani and watchpoint first point defense almost every team will play her
I think they should use both and not moira.

For the most part even if this isn't a part of op's thread i just think by adding moira the entire game has been ruined. Like she does so much damage with her balls and her beam. I hope they nerf her OR remove the healh bar from her healing and make her heal all the time.

It's just so stupid that someones healing can run out in the first place o.o

EDIT: Sorry for the moira rant in my post lol i just felt like i had to put it there xD

Did you also see the seoul play on horizon. Jehong played moira first point every time and they capped in the first minute every time
01/04/2018 05:40 PMPosted by ADRIENO

If the PTR changes stick I would say quite likely. I kind of doubt that the cast time for Resurrect during Ult will stick. With Mercy glowing like a bright red flame that actually makes it HARDER to rez during ult than without ult. That is highly counter intuitive and is the one thing I think we should maybe not really want for the health of the game overall.

The other Mercy changes I am fine with.
01/04/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Coulumbo
I miss Ryujehong's Ana.

Indeed he try sometimes but you see it fails but now maybe Ana can be a thing with maybe some Anti-Dive comps