WTH are those mercy changes?

General Discussion
really blizzard a cast time while her ultimate? just take mercy's rez ability OK?
What's next? 15000000 seconds cast time? GG guys you just killing mercy over and over again with the wrong nerfs....Im sure Im going to have like 500000 dislikes on this post cause the entire OW is built from dps mains who dont know how to counter mercy with their ultimate.....THX
Really bummed out about the changes. I get limiting the value of rezs, but I felt like her current live version was quite balanced. They're crippling her beyond imagination now. We might just as well go back to Mercy 1.0 and give her back the instant group rez ult.
But also you don't get a free charge now. So the point of the change is to make it that no one will use rez during her ult.
But more important is the speed that she flies because now it's so slow that even I with my bad aim can kill her during her ult
They’re garbage is what they are
Yeah, the cast time during ult is the worst one, but I'm fine with the others if they're necessary.
01/05/2018 01:27 AMPosted by DreadedGhoul
Yeah, the cast time during ult is the worst one, but I'm fine with the others if they're necessary.
Valk GA speed nerf is trash
01/05/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Darkness
What's next? 15000000 seconds cast time?

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS!
They should honestly just remove her from the roster until she's fixed.
Blizz, you guys are horrible horrible terrible when it comes to balancing and i am not hating, it is the truth.
01/05/2018 01:26 AMPosted by crocodog
Really bummed out about the changes. I get limiting the value of rezs, but I felt like her current live version was quite balanced. They're crippling her beyond imagination now. We might just as well go back to Mercy 1.0 and give her back the instant group rez ult.

I don't believe Live was balanced, but frankly I don't believe the way they added the cast time to the non-ult version was good either. They could nerf Valk outside of the resses, but at the moment they are taking away all her utility which leaves Moira as the all-around better choice. Better survival, more raw healing output and decent damage.

Mercy needs to be reverted to her old ultimate. Back then, she needed a slight buff and the Guardian Angel changes would have covered it, so keep them in and everything is fine.
01/05/2018 01:31 AMPosted by greywolf
01/05/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Darkness
What's next? 15000000 seconds cast time?

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS!

Sorry! dont worry they dont know how to read......this is our secret.....
Maybe these changes have something to do with hero 27.
I've had it, seriously.
Nerfing Mercy won't fix the other heros balance issues that is being swept under the rug. Have they fixed Sym yet or do they think it is normal she can melt tanks in seconds? Oh wait, not precious Sym.

Mercy is the fall guy because she is the most popular character and no one has though on ways to counter her ultimate properly. Because why learn to do that when you can stomp one of the better healers.

And then Mercy takes the fall because it is easier to beat her down to the other healers levels than fix the game.

Mercy deserves a good ultimate and she finally had it... An extra res if she needs it, good movement speed and up to two res quickly which wasn't restricted by a cast time. It wasn't op, it wasn't heavily relied on and when skillfully used she could help lead a push. She was fine that way. She was fun to play. The cast time felt out of place but we learned how to use it.

But yet again we have to have her nerfed to the ground with no res and cast time in her ultimate with a slow down to the ultimate. That is dumb af. And here we thought the overwatch team wanted to make her fun, not fun to counter.

Screw this game. Honestly, if that patch goes live they can kiss goodbye a lot of players who trusted they would do the right thing with Mercy and not completely screw it up to the point shes just a shell of her former self. This isn't the way to break the meta, this is a sure fire way to break your heros and spirits of your players. Good job screwing us over when we believed in you. Those 10 hours of holiday streaming probably was just Jeff Kaplan plotting how to ruin Mercy some more to rub the salt of the "oh so important" streamers and pros against mercy in every mercy main's wounds. Screw this.
01/05/2018 01:32 AMPosted by ǶDougDoug
They should honestly just remove her from the roster until she's fixed.

How about no?

@Krissy, I feel the same. It does feel like they are just sweeping issues with other heroes under the rug.
01/05/2018 01:45 AMPosted by Krissy
I've had it, seriously.
Nerfing Mercy won't fix the other heros balance issues that is being swept under the rug. Have they fixed Sym yet or do they think it is normal she can melt tanks in seconds? Oh wait, not precious Sym.

Mercy is the fall guy because she is the most popular character and no one has though on ways to counter her ultimate properly. Because why learn to do that when you can stomp one of the better healers.

And then Mercy takes the fall because it is easier to beat her down to the other healers levels than fix the game.

Mercy deserves a good ultimate and she finally had it... An extra res if she needs it, good movement speed and up to two res quickly which wasn't restricted by a cast time. It wasn't op, it wasn't heavily relied on and when skillfully used she could help lead a push. She was fine that way. She was fun to play. The cast time felt out of place but we learned how to use it.

But yet again we have to have her nerfed to the ground with no res and cast time in her ultimate with a slow down to the ultimate. That is dumb af. And here we thought the overwatch team wanted to make her fun, not fun to counter.

Screw this game. Honestly, if that patch goes live they can kiss goodbye a lot of players who trusted they would do the right thing with Mercy and not completely screw it up to the point shes just a shell of her former self. This isn't the way to break the meta, this is a sure fire way to break your heros and spirits of your players. Good job screwing us over when we believed in you. Those 10 hours of holiday streaming probably was just Jeff Kaplan plotting how to ruin Mercy some more to rub the salt of the "oh so important" streamers and pros against mercy in every mercy main's wounds. Screw this.

LOL revive ability in fortnite has a shorter cast time.....
Return to her old resurrect ultimate.

The changes are the following :

Valkyrie ultimate is removed.

Resurrect ability is removed.

Added Resurrect as ultimate.

1. 1.8 metre minimum radius initial casting.

2. 30 metre maximum (or old Resurrect range) radius finished casting. Take 2 seconds to finish the big rez.

Mercy's Resurrect (ultimate) radius now expand the longer the player holds the Q button. Tapping the Q, instead of holding will only resurrect the person next to you.

Cannot resurrect dead teammates behind walls. So Mercy has to show her face instead of hiding behind a wall and resurrect.

All other of her abilities are not changed.
01/05/2018 01:55 AMPosted by Xen
Return to her old resurrect ultimate.

The changes are the following :

Valkyrie ultimate is removed.

Resurrect ability is removed.

Added Resurrect as ultimate.

1. 1.8 metre minimum radius initial casting.

2. 30 metre maximum (or old Resurrect range) radius finished casting. Take 2 seconds to finish the big rez.

Mercy's Resurrect (ultimate) radius now expand the longer the player holds the Q button. Tapping the Q, instead of holding will only resurrect the person next to you.

Cannot resurrect dead teammates behind walls. So Mercy has to show her face instead of hiding behind a wall and resurrect.

All other of her abilities are not changed.

NIce one.
It proves my point even further, this rework is a total failure.
They nerfed an overtuned hero into a boring hero that isn’t engaging in the slightest. I’ll be shocked if someone sees mercy as anything other than a chore after this goes live.
Mercy won’t be a must-pick, but she will be the most boring simple support pick in the game by a mile.
01/05/2018 01:35 AMPosted by Darkness
01/05/2018 01:31 AMPosted by greywolf

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS!

Sorry! dont worry they dont know how to read......this is our secret.....

Overwatch Dev: Hmmmm... Hey intern what do those lines say?
And the funny thing is: Pros will still use her... Leading to more nerfs.