Don’t listen to the fools! Mercy will be really good!

PTR Feedback
Mercy has been in almost every game for almost 4 months. It’s time to let mercy fall down a bit and have a normal pickrate.

These changes are really good, mercy should have a focus on healing and not her Rez, this does that. I’d like it if rez were gone xD but this is really good. Resurrect ruins the game and this makes it happen less often e
People giving their feedback are not fools. This doesn't take the topic anywhere, because everyone starts to become defensive. I have issues against Mercy's Resurrection myself, but I don't deny others their right to cast their concerns.
01/05/2018 12:46 PMPosted by FhaRaoH
People giving their feedback are not fools. This doesn't take the topic anywhere, because everyone starts to become defensive. I have issues against Mercy's Resurrection myself, but I don't deny others their right to cast their concerns.

I’m saying that the changes are really good. I’m not giving feedback because I don’t think it needs anything other than “the changes are good.” I don’t want to mention a different change or anything, I want the changes how they are now. I’m saying good job blizzard for actually doing something about mercy!
The real OP part of Mercy is rez each 30s out of ult.
This supid nerf will change nothing.
Mercy will keep the same 70+% pickrate in lower ranks she has always had because lower rank players need babysitting and can't aim with Ana. That is, unless she becomes so incredibly boring that Mercy mains stop playing her massively, which is possible (I know I'm gonna focus on Sombra). However, she will be very weak in the higher ranks.

Mercy's res is part of her identity. It should be part of her ultimate. Now it isn't, it's a broken cooldown. The thing that was broken is the only one they kept.
01/05/2018 01:07 PMPosted by OmegaPRED
The real OP part of Mercy is rez each 30s out of ult.
This supid nerf will change nothing.

As I keep saying, getting a free Rez for doing absolutely nothing is asinine game design.
All of a sudden I thought of "FLY YOU FOOLS" because of Valkyrie and now I'm giggling.

But seriously though, this is gonna suck way more than necessary. And it probably won't even solve the problem as effectively as the devs expect it to.

Not to mention that resurrect is the core of Mercy's design. The very first thing (prospective) fans saw of her, and one of the first things they saw of Overwatch at all, was Mercy resurrecting someone behind the camera. Her most iconic line ("Heroes never die!"), and several of her sprays and voicelines, refer to her resurrect. Many of her skins subtly refer to her necromancy (demon and witch: making deals with the devil, coming back from hell, etc). Her own name - Mercy, a second chance - is tied in to her resurrection ability.

That's why it always should have been her ultimate.

It needs to be toned down in gameplay but it's still the core of her character: it shouldn't be completely thrown to the wayside.