Reduce hog bullet spread.

General Discussion
Im just saying this because sometimes i just feel like when im close to an enemy as roadhog some of my bullets just leave. Just my opinion .
me: don't comment anything

inner me: comment about Reaper
I just posted in another hog thread about his inconsistency. I feel this would help that rather than giving him a controversial damage buff.

They have a few options imo to help with this.

1. Reduce spread so pellet rng is less of a factor.

2. Remove the old hook nerf that drops people further away. This nerf was intended to nerf old hog with his old damage. His new damage isn't as threatening so people should be brought right to his face again.

3. Change hook cooldown back to 6s. Again another nerf intended for old hog that overly punishes new hog. This would allow him to hook more and be a bit more consistent.
Hog is fine he doesn't need any of these
yeah, hog needs something. personally, i would like to see him get his clip size increased.
12/16/2017 07:14 AMPosted by Sushi626
I just posted in another hog thread about his inconsistency. I feel this would help that rather than giving him a controversial damage buff.

They have a few options imo to help with this.

1. Reduce spread so pellet rng is less of a factor.

2. Remove the old hook nerf that drops people further away. This nerf was intended to nerf old hog with his old damage. His new damage isn't as threatening so people should be brought right to his face again.

3. Change hook cooldown back to 6s. Again another nerf intended for old hog that overly punishes new hog. This would allow him to hook more and be a bit more consistent.
these look great
Hog is actually balanced for the first time since release. He's in a perfect spot and doesn't need any tweaks whatsoever.
12/16/2017 07:38 AMPosted by Orthane
Hog is actually balanced for the first time since release. He's in a perfect spot and doesn't need any tweaks whatsoever.

This
When the damage hits as it should and his hooks don't break on invisible things yes he's extremely balanced. I still love playing hog now. When everything aligns he feels so good to play.

But all too often, and i'm not the only one to notice, he is too inconsistent with things he's meant to be doing.

Can you imagine hitting a well aimed head shot with Widow and it not registering or they only take random amounts of damage? Oh wait this bug happened and they are trying to fix it or have it fixed. Same thing should apply to hog, if you aim your gun right and it's in their face/ body they should be taking full damage at all times. Doesn't have to one shot but at least do the 80-90% dmg that is expected upon a 200hp hero.

If you hook a target out in the open especially a zippy character like tracer or genji, they should always be brought to you right in front of you. Not have it randomly break or drop the Genji in the 5th dimension.

Hog is balanced yes. Devoid of bugs in his kit, not so much.
I think Roadhoag need something else... DVA do a better job than him because of her mobility.

Maybe increase his movement speed during Take a Breather animation ?
12/16/2017 07:55 AMPosted by Lucas
I think Roadhoag need something else... DVA do a better job than him because of her mobility.

D.VA is an upgraded roadhog:

Health:

• D.VA: 550 effective health and 200 armour
  • Roadhog: 600 health

Winner: D.VA, mech has same total "health" as Roadhog however the armour reduces incomming damage. Additionally after expending the mech D.VA gains an additionaly 150 hp.

Damage:

• D.VA: 0.6-2 per pellet with 11 per shot = 22 max damage per shot
  • D.VA: Max DPS: 146.74
  • Roadhog: 1.33-6 per pellet with 25 pellets per shot = 150 max damage per shot
  • Roadhog: Max DPS: 195

Winner: Going by raw numbers? Roadhog. However D.VA has a smaller spread and is more forgiving on misses due to much higher rate of fire.

Ranged attacks:

• D.VA is highly manueverable and has a distance attack mapped to E. Deals 162 damage with no range limitations.
  • Roadhog has low manueverability and has a distance attack mapped to RMB, deals 50 damage per shot (with same 1.3 rof) and must be used at a specific distance or damage will be negated

Winner: D.VA, her ranged attack does not have the same min-max range restrictions that Roadhog does

Ultimate:

• D.VA ultimate allow for an area to be cleared out safely, she can continue to attack or run to safety while it activates after which mech will be returned with full HP
  • Roadhog ultimate disables all his abilities, restricts his movement, does low damage and only does knockback at close ranges. Is also negated by stuns.

Winner: D.VA, most of the time Roadhog will be better off attacking instead of ulting

RIIIIIIIIGHT, make him faster, while he gets all his health back every few seconds, while also taking half damage. Would you like him to auto reload during it too? Maybe also make it mini ult everytime he uses it. How about he also does 250 damage per second around 30 meter circle for 8 seconds after he uses.(all that gas has to go somewhere.) Maybe make any character within visual range of him pass out for 2 seconds after they see him.(bouncy belly in disturbing)
sure, while we at it... let's reduce Sombra's spread too
his left click is fine, and reducing the spread of that would reduce the chances of surviving the hook combo, a touchy topic at best.

instead, reduce the spread on the right click after the trashball bursts open.
honestly, all i want is to do damage to genji when i hook him, and not do 50ish dmg while he dashes away.

this one thing. all i want.

Hook cooldown back to 6seconds he shouldn't move fast, he is the fat kid, he finds you when you're tired not catching up to you.
12/16/2017 07:14 AMPosted by Berijoker
me: don't comment anything

inner me: comment about Reaper

ppl who are down voting you are idiots

reapers weapon spread is way worse

also its not like hog is !@#$ing f tier hes b if not a tier but hog mains want to be able to 1 shot zarya again
Roadhog kind of struggles to do his job at this point.
With a coordinated team that immediately focus fires a hooked target, he's still very deadly, but he's free ult charge if you're able to isolate him because there's only like 4 heroes that you can consistently kill with the hook combo and they're not even the most deadly opponents he can face.
The problem is the damage nerf was brutal and yeah, they gave him an extra bullet but due to spread, characters with small hitboxes are getting almost no damage even when you place the crosshair on their chest.

Hook a junkrat, reaper, mcree, ana, anytank etc, all goes fine. 2 shots usually drop them dead. Hook a tracer, widow, mini dva, moira and then, watch them getting away with half or more HP after a direct hit on 3mt and melee ...

PS: Its not a git gud issue, multiple videos posted on youtube by pros showed that problem. Spread needs to be the same as Reaper's or fairly close.
I just want 6 second hook back. Was changed to 8s when he was a powerhouse. Now that he’s leveled out, I see no reason not for him to have it back.