Too many legendaries and not enough time.

General Discussion
If we're going to get so many legendaries for these events, can you at least lower the price to something reasonable? Like 2k-2.3k coins? 3k is absurd and is really anti-new player(?). I honestly feel really bad for the new players that want to grab the event items, but can't because there is no possible way to grind out 10k+ coins in the time we're given. It's even hard for those of us that have been a here for a while and pretty much only get dupes now, too.

I appreciate that we're getting any cosmetics at all, but please be reasonable.
You can always....buy boxes.

Hm...
This is one of the few games that has more legendary skins than other tiers. All for those LOOTBOTXE$.
That's the thing, we are not going to. That's the way the events are organized, if you want to get as much legendaries as you can you sadly have to buy lootboxes or have played last year.
legendaries are designed to literally attract whales into buying more loot boxes.
Don't expect Blizzard to be reasonable about it. They probably feared the storm it would bring if old legendaries were brought back at 3k price hence why we get a sale on them.
12/18/2017 08:43 PMPosted by jatonplague

Hm...
I do, every event, and I have no problem with buying boxes.

But I do think it's ridiculous that our asking for event items to be purchasable raised the price of legendaries three times.

At least before, we were getting epics along with legendaries, which seemed to bring some sort of balance.
It's just one of those things that's never going to change, you can make more money off of in-game microtransactions than you can from sales and more developers are realizing this.

By making the legendaries hard to get they are getting more people to put down cash for lootboxes. It's annoying but it's literally just business.

We should at least be thankful that Blizzard has actually responded to some fair criticisms of their loot systems and made improvements which is more than most developers have done.
i said it before.. for every 20 bucks spent.. let us pick a skin of choice. Make the players happy!

its crazy that you have to spend more then the actual game to get something you want

its fair and gives us what we want too.. its not gonna make blizzard broke
12/18/2017 08:47 PMPosted by Osprey
12/18/2017 08:43 PMPosted by jatonplague

Hm...
I do, every event, and I have no problem with buying boxes.

But I do think it's ridiculous that our asking for event items to be purchasable raised the price of legendaries three times.

At least before, we were getting epics along with legendaries, which seemed to bring some sort of balance.

I don't disagree. It seems impossible to get the stuff you want without buying them. Frustrating.
If I can even get one, have gotten 3 normal legendaries before an event one, which was the tracer skin from last year of course
Yeah Ive opened about 15 and haven't gotten a legendary yet this event. I think they saw I bought Halloween boxes and are shorting me knowing I'm a spender and will do it again.
I think legendary drop rates should at least be increased. I've probably gotten around 15 through the arcade/leveling up by now and haven't gotten any of the new skins. What about new players? Or people that can't play the game for hours? This seriously needs to be revised.
12/18/2017 09:00 PMPosted by Zombiehero
i said it before.. for every 20 bucks spent.. let us pick a skin of choice. Make the players happy!

its crazy that you have to spend more then the actual game to get something you want

its fair and gives us what we want too.. its not gonna make blizzard broke

If not a skin, then at least the value of a skin (the ACTUAL value, not the crummy 200 credits you get for a lootbox dupe). 3000 coins for the $20 package, adjusted up or down for the size of the package you buy (so, 1500 coins for the $10 one, or 6000 coins for the $40 one). Even mobile games (which are arguably worse for being exploitative gambling machines than any triple-A title, even Battlefront II) do this in their purchasable packages. Still super exploitative, but does make it go down easier.

Yah, let's encourage the sale of lootboxes. Let's give something to the people that buy them and not something to the people that just grind them out. Favoritism isn't pretty.

12/18/2017 08:42 PMPosted by Osprey
3k is absurd

If that player really wants to play, he/she will still be here in a year when they are down to 1k.

The event isn't designed for you to realistically get everything.

Why does everyone think they gotta have something for nothing anymore? So much privilege.
Paid $20 and still didn't get the Orissa emote. And I only got maybe 300 coins out of the 22 boxes. 3k is pretty insane.
12/18/2017 10:00 PMPosted by DrgHybrid

Yah, let's encourage the sale of lootboxes. Let's give something to the people that buy them and not something to the people that just grind them out. Favoritism isn't pretty.

12/18/2017 08:42 PMPosted by Osprey
3k is absurd

If that player really wants to play, he/she will still be here in a year when they are down to 1k.

The event isn't designed for you to realistically get everything.

Why does everyone think they gotta have something for nothing anymore? So much privilege.

Firstly. Those who pay for loot boxes don't get something for nothing.

Secondary favouritism shouldn't bother you. A person is paying money, where in game boxes are collected by people who ether can't, refuse or to young to buy them.
The items also give no additional benefit, so as a free player you shouldn't be bothered by what someone who pays money gets.
Lowering event skins to 2K sounds reasonable. Getting 9K gold just for 3 new legendaries is insane tbh.
Yes especially since they don't make epics anymore.
12/19/2017 10:28 AMPosted by Rick330
Yes especially since they don't make epics anymore.

recolors and textures to me are just a waste of time and slot... nobody cares about them after you start getting legendaries or epics, when i was new i thought it was cool
12/18/2017 08:47 PMPosted by Suksas
legendaries are designed to literally attract whales into buying more loot boxes.
Don't expect Blizzard to be reasonable about it. They probably feared the storm it would bring if old legendaries were brought back at 3k price hence why we get a sale on them.

After the e-fin disaster that was summer game first edition, all of this is of no surprise.