Add widowless mode to Quick Play

General Discussion
Overwatch is game not about pure aim (like quake or conter-strike) but game about mixture of tactics, positioning, timing and at last, aim. And we love it for that.

But Widowmaker is outstanding class having strong bias towards aim. A player have years of aim training experience get noticable advantage among players with in the same bracket of skill. It ruins the game like snipers and spies ruin TF2.

I don't ask to delete Widowmaker from game neither lower her dps in 3 times. I just ask to add small checkbox "Widowless mode" below the "Quick Play" big button.

Anyone who agree with me just check it and enter the game with disabled Widowmaker hero. It is simple solution that don't affect Competive mode (i understand that Competive mode has its own standarts and goals i dont even try to talk about it). Just do it for us frustrating at Quick mode, please.

Lets see how many players will choose it.
Not gonna happen.
But you know, there is a game mode call "game browser", where one can even create their own game mode, where only the heroes of one's choosing are available.
And you can also make your game public or play them with friends.
So...the OP has a problem with Widow because the required aim to play her well gives her an advantage over other players in QP.

QP. Where everyone can jump in regardless of level or SR.

Let's say a Top 500 Widow enters a game. A Bronze Junkrat enters the same game, on a different team. The Widow will most probably kill the Junkrat because the amounts of skill required to stay in the Top 500 are higher versus those of Bronze.

"Ooh snipers ruin the game!!1!" Then learn a flanker or D.Va or Winston and make their lives miserable.

"Have an option to disable Widow because I don't have any situational awareness!!" See above.
Does this mean the McCrees can stay?
01/02/2018 05:44 PMPosted by GhostDragon
So...the OP has a problem with Widow because the required aim to play her well gives her an advantage over other players in QP.

Let's say a Top 500 Widow enters a game. A Bronze Junkrat enters the same game, on a different team. The Widow will most probably kill the Junkrat because the amounts of skill required to stay in the Top 500 are higher versus those of Bronze.

"Ooh snipers ruin the game!!1!" Then learn a flanker or D.Va or Winston and make their lives miserable.

"Have an option to disable Widow because I don't have any situational awareness!!" See above.

you're matched up with people in your own rank, I believe.

Thank you
Go do it in customs and see how many people join. See how many of THOSE people pick Hanzo or Ana instead XD.
You are brave. Overwatch is no true FPS to begin with and has countless characters and kits which easily can counter pure aiming skills. It is possible to ruin those years of training in so many ways that it is next to unjust, if Widow would not have teammates who could do that too.
01/02/2018 04:37 AMPosted by stranger
mixture of tactics, positioning, timing and at last, aim.

This is pretty much how I play widow, knowing where to be, what the other team will do and what they expect me to do or be, if I'm in a peek fight when to peek how to shoot, etc widow is a fantastic hero
Are you kidding me? Widowmaker is all about positioning and strategy! Which platform has the best line of sight to my target? How will I use my venom mine, will I place it behind me to tell me if I'm getting flanked, or offensively? Every hero has different picks, so if you're constantly getting upset about people aiming better than you and you don't want to switch, then you might as well throw all of your placements and get stuck in bronze for the rest of your life. At least then you'll be paired up with people who can't aim for !@#$ like you wanted.
There's always the option of creating your own custom game mode and removing widowmaker or whatever else you don't want to play against from the list. And playing it. If blizzard is interested in adding a new game, there are far better choices than no widow quickplay mode.
01/02/2018 05:50 PMPosted by salt

you're matched up with people in your own rank, I believe.

Not exactly. The gap is much much wider in QP than it is in comp. But yes, a top 500 matched with a bronze seems far fetched.
01/02/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Lloyd
there is a game mode call "game browser", where one can even create their own game mode, where only the heroes of one's choosing are available.

People want to join this mode have to use game browser too? They don't join from Quick Play, do they?

I play heals mostly. Often switching to non-heal is not an option, besides Widow often is at deep rear so it's almost impossible to reach her.

01/02/2018 05:48 PMPosted by ShadowDragon
Does this mean the McCrees can stay?

Yes, McCree is ok (and no, i don't play him).

He can oneshot too, but for that he requires a lot of movement, flanking, ability to approach to close range. This is fair. This is balanced. His mistake and death costs of 2+ mins of gameplay. Nothing common with Widow comes out from respawn, use rope and start to fragging with 1000 meters hit scan. You killed? Don't worry, just wait for 20 secs to start it again.

01/02/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Cheat2Win
Hanzo or Ana instead XD

Log-Hanzo and Ana are ok too.

95% matches have Widow in one of the teams. It hints at unbalanced hero.
01/03/2018 01:02 AMPosted by stranger
95% matches have Widow in one of the teams. It hints at unbalanced hero.

This is a terrible argument . Since his buff I have yet to have a game without a Junkrat. Hanzo, Genji, Roadhog, Orisa and Mccree are in pretty much every game as well. Are all of these unbalanced because people enjoy playing them?
Overwatch is game not about pure aim (like quake)

Stop.
01/02/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Lloyd
Not gonna happen.
But you know, there is a game mode call "game browser", where one can even create their own game mode, where only the heroes of one's choosing are available.
And you can also make your game public or play them with friends.

Try doing this yourself before you suggest it please. Let me know when you get 11 more players, I'm on break until february.
OverWatch is actually about; playing your strengths, adjust for your weaknesses.

That's literally all the game is.

Put simply, get good and adapt.
add deflect and scatter arrow-less quickplay, it's my dream mode
Widowless mode, hmmmmmm . custom game ?
Personally, I actually really like it that there's so many widows in QP, just like there's usually hanzos and genjis too. I like it, because my favorite hero to play is Winston.

What I don't really like is that the other 4-5 people on my team will usually instalock anything but a healer. So, out of guilt/frustration/wanting to win I'll hop on healer, and we all know who the solo healer of choice is nowadays... and I hate playing Mercy. But no other healer can bring the value of multiple res.