Continuous bans for playing off-meta heroes

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 51 Next
guess i can start reporting DPS players when i start a game and 4 DPS instalock - 4 DPS is not meta and is a 'niche' composition...
Pretty much, we have an a-okay to report people for any kind of hero pick now.

(I am actually really depressed by this.)
Stick to quick play. It's a group game, and almost all of the time the 6 people who get in a team work together to form a team composition that suits the map and the objective. Without role based queues, that means people will need to switch roles to form a solid team.

It's also a strategic game. Depending on the team strategy, different characters work well together and it's important to also work with the team for that.

There's also sometimes a need to switch characters depending on what the other team have chosen.

Most players get this. And when you play competition, the goal is to win.

When some dude comes in and plays the wrong character in the wrong situation, and this next part is the really important bit, every_bloody_time there are 5 other people going "who the heck is this guy? So arrogant he wants 5 other players every single time to work around his picks".

I wouldn't want to play with you.

I don't think he should get banned. But the guy is a selfish jerk.
01/27/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Bubes
guess i can start reporting DPS players when i start a game and 4 DPS instalock - 4 DPS is not meta and is a 'niche' composition...

I can't wait for role based queues and balance preferences. Playing support for 4dps is the worst experience in the game. And usually people who are prepared to do this, are really bad dps who think their only role is to shoot the enemy and make no efforts to protect the team, or even work as a team.
GM: If other players doesn't want you to always pick those 2 characters in competitive games, they are in their right to report you

but I thought the company stance was to not report people for playing a non-popular hero? it's even stated on the report screen. I'm confused
You flex zen and moira when symmetra and torb are already picked.
You flex zen and moira when symmetra and torb are already picked.
Wat?
<Removed by forum moderator for toxicity>
Forum Moderator Note: Calling for Blizzard Employees to be fired in your post is against our forum guidelines. Doing this may result in a temporary suspension of forum posting privileges. Please focus on discussion of the feedback/suggestion in your thread.
I get death threats for playing Moria in arcade, I can relate
Forum Moderator Note: Calling for Blizzard Employees to be fired in your post is against our forum guidelines. Doing this may result in a temporary suspension of forum posting privileges. Please focus on discussion of the feedback/suggestion in your thread.
Big fat yikes. What incompetence. This game just gets worse and worse. So much potential, yet the devs ruin everything. It's really disappointing.
I feel like you guys need some perspective here. You're actually hoping someone or even a group of people lose their livelihoods over this? Over a game?

I'm not saying this isn't a terrible situation, I love symmetra, and I'm also furious over the communications that were posted with the GMs and the way they treated that player.

All I'm saying is, does this seem like it's worth someone getting fired over it? At best if the rules were ignored then it's a reprimand.
01/27/2018 09:56 PMPosted by par1ty
I feel like you guys need some perspective here. You're actually hoping someone or even a group of people lose their livelihoods over this? Over a game?

I'm not saying this isn't a terrible situation, I love symmetra, and I'm also furious over the communications that were posted with the GMs and the way they treated that player.

All I'm saying is, does this seem like it's worth someone getting fired over it? At best if the rules were ignored then it's a reprimand.

I agree somewhat, but these situations are causing more toxicity and turmoil in the game then there already is. I mean at what point do you start holding companies responsible for what systems they implement. I mean look at what has already been going on out there. We have Bungie, EA, and before that Ubisoft losing a huge part of their player base because of crappy systems they put in place. Mind you that Blizzard never outright said that one tricking and having a main was wrong. So bans should not be happening for what the OP has received a ban for. Hopefully Jeff can get this sorted out and identify where the system failures are so they can try to improve it further.
why aren't CS personnel kept up to date with the memo that playing a particular hero isn't against the rules? why are the GM's saying that people are in their right to abuse the report function which clearly states that they're not even reporting for legitimate reasons to start with?
This is consistent with how Blizzard has treated its playerbase for a long time. The stuff Jeff says in videos is just lies for PR purposes; this is their real policy. As evidenced by the facts that they created and have kept in place this awful system and how he says nothing in the major threads about this unless he thinks he can try and humiliate someone with suspect evidence. Their customer service has been awful for a lot longer than OW has existed because they are hostile towards their customers.