General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 51 Next
01/14/2018 06:29 AMPosted by KaJaK
Oy, no bans yet, not playing enough :)

!
This is [removed] unbelievable.
No.
I have to say it.
Blizzard, can you really be this lazy? I cannot believe what I am seeing.
Yeah, ban me Blizzard. But you really are so lazy enough to let something like this slide by. Even I would not do that.
League of Legends has a ban system where they tell you what you did wrong and make you feel bad for it. But what about this game? Everyone's abusing the report system and you aren't even trying.
Absolutely unbelievable. Why are you even trying to maintain this game at all???
01/09/2018 03:05 PMPosted by cookycook
Leaving a ban system in the hands of an automated system allows for not only mechanical error but it allows for the human element to skew the system as well. Humans as a whole are decent creatures, but there are times when we can behave outside of ourselves and take actions when we are tilted such as reporting a player for playing a non meta hero. I have been playing Mei more frequently since the Junkrat buff. I used to main Junkrat for tire achievement. I am nervous as to if and when this will happen to me.

I would like to see a tiered system. Something like 200 reports in one week moves you up a tier. 300 reports in 2 weeks moves you up another tier. If you hit 400 reports in 3 weeks of gameplay, you get the attention of an actual human being. This person will review reports and will then take action.

This idea is far from perfect but I think it is slightly better than the current system. Any thoughts on tweaking it perhaps?

I like the idea but the number is far too big. If you get 200 reports in 1 week than something is clearly wrong with you and action needs to happen faster. I don’t like the idea of having a thrower be able to throw games for 3 weeks straight before they get hit with a 24 hr ban. If they do this kind of system then I would like longer bans implemented to account for this.
I would also like warnings to be sent out because I forgot whether or not Blizzard has a warning system.
01/15/2018 12:44 AMPosted by Aether
one trickers should get lynched

You can see Kajak's playtime that he plays Torb *and* Sym. That's two-tricking, at the very least.

And he is nearly a thousand SR higher than you are, despite suffering multiple leaver (banned mid-game) penalties.
IMO they should start mass-banning people who submit false reports.

So far only Stevo and xQc are the only ones known to suffer consequences and only after massive reddit outrage. And the bans are manual, compared to the hundreds of auto-bans suffered by innocent players.
I was reported for ""throwing.""
I started playing hanzo alot this season. Hope i dont get banned.
01/15/2018 03:18 AMPosted by WidowMainYoo
I started playing hanzo alot this season. Hope i dont get banned.

Hanzo is so fun to play. Just sucks for my winrate
01/15/2018 01:05 AMPosted by Togrias
IMO they should start mass-banning people who submit false reports.

So far only Stevo and xQc are the only ones known to suffer consequences and only after massive reddit outrage. And the bans are manual, compared to the hundreds of auto-bans suffered by innocent players.

They can make a start by banning all that reported me :). One can dream.
I know you said that you aren't toxic, OP... but are you sure you weren't throwing or griefing in anyway?

I ask because myself and my SO play off meta heroes (in competitive, quick play, all that jazz), all the time and never once have we been banned or reported. We've been threatened to get reported at the character select screen, but to my knowledge nothing has fallen through. Ever.
idk why people are so quick to believe the stories of "innocent" players getting banned multiple times in the span of a few weeks due to "false" reports.

We all know players who play off meta, these threads get filled with off meta mains and a very few, but still some, one tricks, who all have never experienced this phenomenon of being falsely banned even once or twice over months or years but somehow they still believe the OP of these threads are just magical lightening rods for bad luck and claim the system is rampantly broken.

Even Fuey, who's name was everywhere and became the posterboy for one tricks, only received one false ban, and that was only because he put his name everywhere in all ways and made himself into a lightening rod for false reports for a month straight.
Original Poster --

We looked into your account and are unable to find any suspensions against that account.

Are you posting from that account or can you please provide the BattleTag(####) that you are referencing so we can look into it?
Highly Rated
sup jeff
Highly Rated
01/16/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Original Poster --

We looked into your account and are unable to find any suspensions against that account.

Are you posting from that account or can you please provide the BattleTag(####) that you are referencing so we can look into it?

Busted!!!
Original Poster --

Oh boy
Highly Rated
inb4 op completely lied
Highly Rated
01/09/2018 02:23 PMPosted by KaJaK
I have been falsely banned three times recent weeks for playing off-meta heroes.

Original Poster --

Come to the ring OP, you've Just been called out by Jeff "one-hit-kill" Kaplan.

and it's time to meet your maker