Continuous bans for playing off-meta heroes

General Discussion
Prev 1 30 31 32 51 Next
01/30/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Moot
False reporting
Rage quitting a comp match when you don't get the dps role you wanted
Being toxic towards people who don't pick what you want

Effect should not be rewarded for this poor, toxic, and entitled behavior. He should receive the same penalty that anyone else would.

This kind of behavior is the real problem, and it hurts a lot of players, so it makes me angry that it's somehow seen as acceptable.

whats worse is hes part of OWL, representing Blizzard, he acts like this and gets an apology, this empowers viewers to act the same. The players in OWL need to be held to a higher standard, not enabled to ruin the community thats already starting to crumble.
01/30/2018 10:32 AMPosted by xDǶ
This forum is hilarious.

One tricks have no place in competitive.
Except we aren't talking about a one trick player. He plays multiple characters. They all just happen to be off meta, which is the reason for the ban.
01/30/2018 10:39 AMPosted by TeamAmerica
whats worse is hes part of OWL, representing Blizzard, he acts like this and gets an apology, this empowers viewers to act the same. The players in OWL need to be held to a higher standard, not enabled to ruin the community thats already starting to crumble.

yeah blizzard should have gave him a fine or the organization he works for should have done something. But nope gets an apology, unlike OP that got ignored by CS group with exception of the one that did help and ignored after Jeffs attempt to call him out failed.
01/30/2018 10:58 AMPosted by ZanJoz
OH NO U FREAKING DONT!! get back to that front page! going to keep policing the heck out this till that moron jeff replies. Even if it just a lie of "OK WERE TALKING IN PRIVATE WITH THIS FELLOW PLEASE STOP ATTACKING US USING INFO AGAINST WE CANT HIDE OR LIE ABOUT". but what do I know? I'm just a stupid training bot.

Hey bliepiedie bot.
I appreciate your support a lot
And that you do not want this post to go down and rot.

You want the same as me.
For Jeff to fix this injustice and him here to be.
But by calling him names.
We will not summon him as he was a butler called James.
So therefore please keep it cool
I still trust the Jeff is no fool

So slighty reduce your bump interval.
That is going to increase the posts impact overall.

I know you are just a bot. But also you have emotions and want to see the plot.

So I understand and I repeat I do appreciate your support a lot
01/30/2018 10:35 AMPosted by par1ty
Errr, what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNu3mFqpixI

Apologies. This isn't the video I've seen linked everywhere. The one I've seen he just saw the Sym and insta-quit the match and raged.
Lets assume that comp is played on a big local lan. Huge area where all the players in comp come and sit side by side. By mid day you'd find yourself outside the venue with all your gear, never to return again.

You get away with this because proximity is the only thing that saves you from the other players in the community. From blizzards end, they want to milk everyone for every penny they can. It wouldn't take much for them to disable torb and sym on offense turns and in KOTH.
Well I think that pretty much sealed the deal with me. No longer a Dallas Fuel supporter. XQC and Effect thinking they are special because they are 'pros' and expect special treatment when they play with us regulars, welcome to the club. Sorry but real pros know when to stop and take a break. Real pros don't throw a tantrum in front of their fan base.

I don't get to decide who I get stuck with either - its why I became a support main, because I wanted to win. I don't quit/throw games because there are 4 or 5 DPS mains who refuse to switch, I don't scream and yell and false report people for playing a hero I disagree with.

But hey what do I know? I'm just a dumb trash tier player with a job who wants to play a game to have some fun - what an idiot.
01/30/2018 11:28 AMPosted by tstrimple
01/30/2018 10:35 AMPosted by par1ty
Errr, what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNu3mFqpixI

Apologies. This isn't the video I've seen linked everywhere. The one I've seen he just saw the Sym and insta-quit the match and raged.

Really wonder what blizzard has to say about this, it demonstrates how false reporting can just happen like that.

We really need a punishment for false reporting , so people can think before they report.
01/09/2018 02:23 PMPosted by KaJaK
2) You get unbanned if you make a ticket and have not defended yourselves against the toxic people

This is a stupid stipulation, while I agree it's not good to add flames to the fire, it's also not reasonable to expect people not to react to people telling their grandmother to drown in a toilet, and if they have punish them as if they were the one in the wrong. The only message that sends is it's ok to be a jerk but not speak up for yourself. It just seems a way to turn more false reports into "see he said things too" as a way to cover false reporting. It's ENTIRELY unacceptable any way I look at it.
01/30/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Lucky
01/09/2018 02:23 PMPosted by KaJaK
2) You get unbanned if you make a ticket and have not defended yourselves against the toxic people

This is a stupid stipulation, while I agree it's not good to add flames to the fire, it's also not reasonable to expect people not to react to people telling their grandmother to drown in a toilet, and if they have punish them as if they were the one in the wrong. The only message that sends is it's ok to be a jerk but not speak up for yourself. It just seems a way to turn more false reports into "see he said things too" as a way to cover false reporting. It's ENTIRELY unacceptable any way I look at it.

its not a stipulation anymore, even if you act nicely to the toxic people you will be suspended for griefing and told you were banned for poor teamwork
Forum Moderator Note: Calling out individual developers or the development team in your title or post is against our forum guidelines. Doing this may result in a temporary suspension of forum posting privileges. Please focus on discussion of the feedback/suggestion in your thread.
I wonder if Mercy players will start getting banned for playing Mercy now?
01/30/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Qwazi
more like for NOT PLAYING HER.
01/30/2018 12:18 PMPosted by ZanJoz
01/30/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Qwazi
more like for NOT PLAYING HER.

You do realize she got a set of rather serious nerfs about 1 hour ago, right?
01/30/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Qwazi
01/30/2018 12:18 PMPosted by ZanJoz
... more like for NOT PLAYING HER.

You do realize she got a set of rather serious nerfs about 1 hour ago, right?
Just played 5 games NOT AS HER. everyone else that played as her pretty much stated shes a dead fish in water. but what do I know? i'm just a training bot.
Ah yes, another day another thanks for reporting message. If you're going to spam report me for playing torb then I'm taking you all down with me. For every one of me you ban through griefing one tricks 25 of you will be banned for your choice to grief by abusing the report system and insulting people over the internet.

You may think it's okay to report one tricks but when you get that email and you're confused about why you were banned, it's from harassing one tricks.

At the end of the day, I'm laughing while you're angrily trying to bully people on the internet swearing and throwing a tantrum ensuring your own suspension and letting the evidence pile up against you.

I always win.
Hey,

Everyone, freaks, shocked people, smart posters and angry downvoted Genji kids with weird signs in their name.

I remember 5 months ago I recorded a random game from GM level since someone requested. First game after downloading the recorder. Maybe intersting to see my style on Torb on GM level while we wait for justice :)

https://youtu.be/lW-15B-4_dg