How much damage can Genji do in 2 moves?

General Discussion
I was a soldier on the payload, genji came around the corner -> dashed -> spread shuri in the head+melee. Basically one shotted. Can someone do the math? I thought deflect, djump spam, faceroll ult was bad, but man, the shotgun-shuri is the most insane thing about gengu. It's like a no-cooldown scatter spam that takes no aim.
His projectiles, and head hitboxes are so generous in this game it makes it especially bad. It's like a mini jumping Reaper in your face.
Swift Strike - 50
Shuriken - 27 (54 headshot)
Melee - 30

So realistically he doesn't even have to melee you to kill you if he swift strikes at the right distance, spins around and alt fires and gets three headshots.
Dashes through you,180s and manages to triple headshot you then melee
01/10/2018 08:55 AMPosted by HiddenPants
It's like a no-cooldown scatter spam that takes no aim.
If he manages to land all 3 shurikens in your head, you're pretty much dead 90% of the time since he'll just dash through you.
Like 170
01/10/2018 08:58 AMPosted by TeamChevy86
His projectiles, and head hitboxes are so generous in this game it makes it especially bad. It's like a mini jumping Reaper in your face.
Swift Strike - 50
Melee - 30

So realistically he doesn't even have to melee you to kill you if he swift strikes at the right distance, spins around and alt fires and gets three headshots.

Swift strike can headshot, right?
01/10/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Ragology
Swift Strike - 50
Melee - 30

No
Swift Strike - 50
Melee - 30

No
01/10/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Ola
“It's like a no-cooldown scatter spam that takes no aim”

Oh sure pulling it off 100% to the head takes aim, like what happened to me. Outside that though, it's a reaper shotgun. Which is insane on a cyborg ninja.
dashing into someone and then using the secondary shuriken on the head right after will do a lot of damage
Swift Strike - 50
Melee - 30

01/10/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Ola
“It's like a no-cooldown scatter spam that takes no aim”
Haha this omg how do I always get 1shot by a aimbot genji is pretty silly if he's that good play him
Yup, its a !@#$ing joke
Dash is always so interesting since it feels like it does double damage against me. I often feel like I have 80ish HP left, but I always die to 1 dash. Not rare that I start to wonder if they do headshot me.

Or can you shuriken cancel reflect and do shuriken + dash?

Anyway, some people know how to do damage on genji, and it sure isn't obvious to me how to improve my dashes to that level.
01/10/2018 09:21 AMPosted by aieeegrunt
Yup, its a !@#$ing joke

You play soldier and mccree who have similar comboes
Helix Melee
Headshot melee

ohhhh but it is because it's Genji, got it
He has some of the worst consistent damage in the game.

In return, he has some of the best burst damage.

Also shuriken Hitboxes are small, like Hanzo's current arrows, they've never been changed.

Also shuriken Hitboxes are small, like Hanzo's current arrows, they've never been changed.

I know Hanzo isn't shooting trunk anymore but I won't call them small...
Its pretty funny to me how people are still complaining about genji LOL. If you are standing still just chilling or have a genji come so close up to you behind you that just means you are bad, not genji the problem. In fact you are ez for any hero to kill.
01/10/2018 09:37 AMPosted by edvolution
Its pretty funny to me how people are still complaining about genji LOL. If you are standing still just chilling or have a genji come so close up to you behind you that just means you are bad, not genji the problem. In fact you are ez for any hero to kill.

Or maybe he along with tracer need some nerfs you know...
01/10/2018 09:35 AMPosted by FilthyCasual

I know Hanzo isn't shooting trunk anymore but I won't call them small...
They're slightly bigger than hitscan. Like, ever so slightly.