Do you consider throwing in a QP or Arcade match bad?

General Discussion
Let’s say someone had mutiple bad matches with toxic players and other, and has the urge to throw but still want to play the game

Is throwing in a QP or Arcade (Mystery Heroes, Total Mayhem, etc) to take out their frustration bad?
Yeah, but like obvious throwing. If youre purposefully playing bad no one can truly know and I dont want QP to turn into the Red Scare that Comp is right now.
12/16/2017 02:38 AMPosted by Manular
Yeah, but like obvious throwing. If youre purposefully playing bad no one can truly know and I dont want QP to turn into the Red Scare that Comp is right now.

Not constantly suiciding

Probably try to make friends with the enemy, try out stupid Muselk strats, and others
Throwing is always bad. Playing bad isn't necessarily throwing and trying out new things in these modes while trying to win isn't throwing either.
You accepted blizzards agreements, therefore if players dont care about the game regardless of how many times it happens you need to stay in the game and just suck it up.

If you get into the fashion of leaving whenever a group is toxic blizzard will put you in those kind of games completely on purpose until you suck it up and just play.
Intentionally throwing is bad regardless of the situation

It's selfish to throw games with different people because of a bad prior experience, it could even effect the mindsets of the people you play with and the cycle continues.
In QP its reportable.

In arcade no one cares.
12/16/2017 02:58 AMPosted by Scynt
In QP its reportable.

In arcade no one cares.

I'd still care in arcade, if I see someone killing themselves during the whole match I'd report them because they did pretty much nothing at all and got experience for it, while the rest of the team were trying.
12/16/2017 02:36 AMPosted by FreshKill14
Let’s say someone had mutiple bad matches with toxic players and other, and has the urge to throw but still want to play the game

Is throwing in a QP or Arcade (Mystery Heroes, Total Mayhem, etc) to take out their frustration bad?

The problem are the players who do not care. No kills, no contesting, no nothing. Just jumping over the map, trying to get a kill.

If you meet some people who are toxic, then maybe think if it's maybe your fault. Like those people above I mentioned make me ragey, too.
There's no penalty for leaving QP, throwing just makes you look even more like a petulant child.
Yes
12/16/2017 03:18 AMPosted by Magypsy
There's no penalty for leaving QP, throwing just makes you look even more like a petulant child.

That's untrue. You get an XP penalty for leaving QP enough times.
Well, I have occasionally semi-thrown after having spent the whole match getting ganked as support with no help from the other five (dps instalock) players who then proceeded to complain about the lack of healing. In these situations I usually switch to Torbjörn and fruitlessly try to build a turret in a helpful position, but if that inevitably fails because the same instalock dps pros who couldn't keep enough pressure on the enemy team to protect their support also cannot secure a spot for long enough for a turret to be built, I just kinda run in and try to abuse Torb's RMB for easy kills before getting killed myself.

I believe in reciprocity. I do not owe my team any kind of support if they don't feel obliged to offer me any. "It's just QP, try to have fun" - okay, then my idea of fun is to charge the enemy team head-on as a Swedish dwarf and see how long I last. At least, it's more fun than playing piñata for the enemy flankers while my teammates run off in seven different directions competing for PotG.