I'm done with Winter Wondeland

General Discussion
So far i have gotten at least 43 lootboxes across my 2 accounts, and not a single new legendary. I have only gotten 2, i repeat, 2 LEGENDARIES, THAT ARE NOT EVEN EVENT RELATED.
The sh*t Zarya Arctic skin and her christmas emote. Wtf?

Halloween was 100x better. I got 3 event legendaries in the first 2 weeks. It felt amazing. I think Blizzard had definately changed the lootboxes this event, because all i'm getting is NOTHING.

And apparently i'm not the only one experiencing this, all my friends have told me how amazing the last event was compared to this. Many forum posts complaining about winter wonderland lootboxes are noticing how much bs they are getting from winter lootboxes compared to the last event's lootboxes. At this point i am going to support the threads that say we should delete lootboxes, because they are complete and utter bs.

Heck, even throwing money at Blizzard will still get you non event lootboxes. My friend has bought 11 lootboxes just to be rewarded with the Puppy emote...
AT LEAST make the purchasable lootboxes garuntee a new event legendary.
12/20/2017 03:58 AMPosted by DPSMercy
I think Blizzard had definately changed the lootboxes this event

Nope.

8 lootboxes. Hanzo skin, zarya skin, non-event legendary,christmas torb.

Many forum posts complaining about winter wonderland lootboxes are noticing how much bs they are getting from winter lootboxes compared to the last event's lootboxes

It's people who don't understand how RNG works.
Unlucky. Better luck next year! This was what happened to me for Halloween last year, but this year I had a good haul
It's luck of the draw more than anything. I didn't get all of the cosmetics from the Anniversary event, but I've already gotten all of the legendaries from this one and finished the Halloween event within a few days.
Last Halloween I'm unlucky because I failed to get the Van Helsing McCree. But I won't take that a problem as my McCree sucks. Just wait for next year.
This Christmas I'm quiet lucky. First 12 lootboxes (1 free from game + bought 11) I've got Beachrat Junkrat & Casual Hanzo (even it looks ugly for me). Next 5 (1 level up + 1 completing Yeti Hunt + 3 arcade wins) I've got Caution Doomfist (non-event but fine) & Snow Owl Ana.
Btw better luck next time.
I've only gotten the new Roadhog skin so far. I got so impatient that I just bought the Sombra skin with credits. I'm not buying any lootboxes this time. The anniversary was the last time I splashed out on boxes.
I'm the same. I opened like 30+ boxes so far and I only got one legendary. They must have changed something. It feels awful.
Same issue here! I keep getting non-event legendaries and non-event highlight intros! During an event, the lootboxes should not be giving out stuff that isn't event specific!
12/20/2017 08:01 AMPosted by Altron64
Same issue here! I keep getting non-event legendaries and non-event highlight intros! During an event, the lootboxes should not be giving out stuff that isn't event specific!

They are on different chance tables, so getting non-event legendaries doesn't affect your chance of getting event legendaries.
why are non event legendaries even in the pool? i have gotten consistent non event legendaries for the last 2 events...im so done with the bull. it feels bad
Im really unlucky too ;( about 30 Lootboxes and no winterlegendary skin but got 3 normal legendarys arghhhh. I collect 10 lootboxes over the weekend, get the 3 Arcade boxes again and opened it. Again i got nothing and was a littl bit mad. I say to my self, ok 1 more level up then i go off. With that last lootbox i got the Orisa emote :) Its okay, we will see what this week brings.
12/20/2017 08:06 AMPosted by VishkarAdmin
why are non event legendaries even in the pool? i have gotten consistent non event legendaries for the last 2 events...im so done with the bull. it feels bad

non event legendaries and event legendaries are seperate skin pools.

meaning that non event legendaries don't actually replace your event legendaries.

in fact, event lootboxes have double the chance of containing a legendary because there's two pools to choose from!
I don't need something special in every loot box, but when it comes to these events, I'm getting incredibly burnt out on getting a legendary that isn't anything within the event items. It's happened to me two or three times now - the only non-event item is the only legendary, so I get three worthless sprays and some base game skin.
It is random, by and large. This event so far has been just the same as the previous events for me. Excellent amount of legendary drops. Just had to use in game credits on a couple of last years event legendaries and the Orisa puppy emote. Super cute!

Random drops can really hurt sometimes but that’s the nature of random drops.
12/20/2017 08:46 AMPosted by Creasy007
I don't need something special in every loot box, but when it comes to these events, I'm getting incredibly burnt out on getting a legendary that isn't anything within the event items. It's happened to me two or three times now - the only non-event item is the only legendary, so I get three worthless sprays and some base game skin.

It is a separate drop table for the regular items. If you get a regular item in an event then that item could only be a non-event item. A non-event legendary can’t and does not replace event legendary drops.
From someone who has opened at least 30 lootboxes in every single event OW has had so far ... this year is definitely the worst. By the longest of long shots.

At least, on a personal level. I know, I know, RNG is RNG, blah blah, but it certainly does seem significantly worse in comparison to literally every other event.
I've gotten to the point where I've got most of the stuff already, so I get lots of dupes (when Moira came out I got 10 loot boxes in a row of Moira stuff). I just wonder HOW MANY SPRAYS AND VOICELINES are there for this event???? It's all I get!
My 2nd box I got hanzo skin
12/20/2017 04:02 AMPosted by Xoxin
I think Blizzard had definately changed the lootboxes this event

Nope.

8 lootboxes. Hanzo skin, zarya skin, non-event legendary,christmas torb.

Many forum posts complaining about winter wonderland lootboxes are noticing how much bs they are getting from winter lootboxes compared to the last event's lootboxes

It's people who don't understand how RNG works.
people who say “people don’t understand how RNG works” don’t understand that Blizzard can change the odds against your favor, and their dodging the law that required them to post rates at all times in China says they probably do