Help your sym

General Discussion
I noticed that a lot of times when im using sym, people doesnt really help me unlike other supports. Even some support players doesnt help me. I know sym is not meta but pls help her even though you dont focus entirely on her. A bit of help is appreciated.
12/24/2017 03:43 AMPosted by TheForestGuy
I noticed that a lot of times when im using sym, people doesnt really help me unlike other supports. Even some support players doesnt help me. I know sym is not meta but pls help her even though you dont focus entirely on her. A bit of help is appreciated.

Yep, she isnt even treated as a support, which is just sad, peoples ignorance on how to play this game is ridiculous, lol to the idiots that attempt to call her a defense hero and think she can take care of herself, she is not and cannot at all.
12/24/2017 03:51 AMPosted by EmoBrownie

Yep, she isnt even treated as a support, which is just sad, peoples ignorance on how to play this game is ridiculous, lol to the idiots that attempt to call her a defense hero and think she can take care of herself, she is not and cannot at all.

How is she a support when the only time she supports her team is with her ult? The rest of the time she is just a dps with no movement ability.
12/24/2017 04:43 AMPosted by Giulietta
How is she a support when the only time she supports her team is with her ult?

her e can be used to support teammates believe it or not. I've seen her stop earthshatters, D.va bombs, junkrat tires, deadeyes, etc.. Granted it is very difficult to pull off.
Totally agree, some matches i'm told i'm not getting healed by the healer because i'm a Symmetra main. Sym is part of the game too please help her as well.
Zen main here. The amount of people who will just not give a sheet about their supports being focused is astounding. I get that treatment every other game. Usually it's the DPS instalocks who cannot be bothered to turn around and shoot at whatever it is that is targeting their healer(s). Especially fun if they go out of their way to move out of my line of sight and spam X, so I can either commit suicide to heal them or get flamed for not healing enough. Or both.

Maybe it's worse for Symmetra, but it's not like other supports get much love, either. Get used to it.
Eh, all supports are ignored sadly.. Sometimes even by other supports. I notice it's one extreme or the other. I'm either on teams where the supports will fight tooth and nail for each other or teams where the healers won't even LOOK at each other when they're crit.

I've played with bad Syms, played with good. I can tell you that most of the games where she was useful were games where the team helped when her ult was being attack, pocketed her when she was being focused, etc. Support cannot support the team if they're being focused in easily preventable ways.