Bugs or not, Doomfist still sucks

General Discussion
Doomfist stands as Blizzard's biggest failure character wise and after so much hype, he's unarguably one of the worst characters in the game, certainly the buggiest and easily the worst DPS. (supported by pick/win rates and just being obvious)

Wall slides off of LANDED RP's are STILL abundant in the game, as are ghost punching through enemies with Rocket Punch, not to mention his hit box this ability is again, smaller than Mercy's pistol shots. A massive fist requires a bigger hitbox than a bullet, I'm sorry. Yes it was too big at launch, yes they nerfed it far too much. Yet, even if all of these bugs are flawlessly fixed, he's still going to be bad, that's a fact.

In addition, while he has 250 HP he goes down quicker than nearly every hero in this game. His passive is trash for how vulnerable every single one of his abilities make him and his hitbox is as big as a tank.

He needs buff(s) as in plural, to be viable in this game, so what does Blizzard need to do?

First his health and passive. At least one of these needs to happen:
-Make his passive armor instead of shields
-Revert his passive to 50 shields per landed ability instead of 30
-Flat out add 50 armor to his kit for 300 health.

Or, the better option, damage reduction when using his abilities which is when he is the most vulnerable. Doomfist has ZERO defensive abilities and his passive 30 shields per ability landed are simply nothing when he's being focused down with a hit box as big as a house. God forbid you miss, which is frequent with how buggy he is. Doomfist's inability to stay alive without babysitting is his single biggest problem and no amount of skill will help you here.

Next, his main gun needs at least one more shot in it or reload quicker. I mean, 4 shots is nothing and seeing as he has only one range where he is effective, he needs to be able to sustain damage in close when cooldowns are gone. His main weapon as of right now sucks.

Third, his ultimate also sucks and leaves him a sitting duck on nearly anything but dead center hits. How does Doomfist's ultimate ONLY do 300 damage anyway? If they're to keep it at 300 damage, the epicenter for that effective area needs to be bigger and he needs to recover quicker from landing, otherwise he's as good as dead. Right now Doomfist's ultimate is better as an escape tool than for dealing damage. Every DPS has a better ultimate than him, every single one.

Lastly, Rising Uppercut must have a vertical hitbox added to it.

TLDR: Even when all bugs are fixed, Doomfist will still suck. Fix his ability to stay alive, his main weapon, his uppercut and finally his ultimate = Doomfist not sucking.

INB4 noobs crying about 1 shots every 4 seconds even though RP requires 2 seconds of charge anyway cuz noobs.
Sounds like you're just bad.
12/29/2017 12:12 PMPosted by ColinthePyro
Sounds like you're just bad.

Everyone from Chipsa on down maintains that he's bad, so no. Pick rates are bottom tier for Doomfist as well and he's objectively the buggiest hero in the game with a massive hit box.

But of course, it's just me.
I wish Doomfists shields didn't deteriorate at all and his primary fire having spread is poop

Ever stand in the spawn and try to hit the basketball but you can't because doomfists spread is so high?

edit: just to add, I also think doomfist should also be able to hold rocket punch as long as he wants, given how much noise it makes. And his E should be changed to work like winstons jump so he can press it whenever he wants (doesn't have to wait for indicator to use it)
Doomfist is totally viable.....in total mayhem.

:P
12/29/2017 12:15 PMPosted by Buzzintate
I wish Doomfists shields didn't deteriorate at all

I agree that he needs some work, but that would be pretty broken. I'd just work on the hitboxes and making some of his abilities more reliable.
It makes sense that Doomfist's ability hitboxes are huge, considering his own hitbox rivals Zarya's, who is a) a tank, and b) capable of defending herself and allies.

I think that's the main shortcoming with Doomfist. But he's not terrible, just underdeveloped.
12/29/2017 12:08 PMPosted by TheRoseEXP
Doomfist stands as Blizzard's biggest failure character wise and after so much hype, he's unarguably one of the worst characters in the game, certainly the buggiest and easily the worst DPS. (supported by pick/win rates and just being obvious)

Wall slides off of LANDED RP's are STILL abundant in the game, as are ghost punching through enemies with Rocket Punch, not to mention his hit box this ability is again, smaller than Mercy's pistol shots. A massive fist requires a bigger hitbox than a bullet, I'm sorry. Yes it was too big at launch, yes they nerfed it far too much. Yet, even if all of these bugs are flawlessly fixed, he's still going to be bad, that's a fact.

In addition, while he has 250 HP he goes down quicker than nearly every hero in this game. His passive is trash for how vulnerable every single one of his abilities make him and his hitbox is as big as a tank.

He needs buff(s) as in plural, to be viable in this game, so what does Blizzard need to do?

First his health and passive. At least one of these needs to happen:
-Make his passive armor instead of shields
-Revert his passive to 50 shields per landed ability instead of 30
-Flat out add 50 armor to his kit for 300 health.

Or, the better option, damage reduction when using his abilities which is when he is the most vulnerable. Doomfist has ZERO defensive abilities and his passive 30 shields per ability landed are simply nothing when he's being focused down with a hit box as big as a house. God forbid you miss, which is frequent with how buggy he is. Doomfist's inability to stay alive without babysitting is his single biggest problem and no amount of skill will help you here.

Next, his main gun needs at least one more shot in it or reload quicker. I mean, 4 shots is nothing and seeing as he has only one range where he is effective, he needs to be able to sustain damage in close when cooldowns are gone. His main weapon as of right now sucks.

Third, his ultimate also sucks and leaves him a sitting duck on nearly anything but dead center hits. How does Doomfist's ultimate ONLY do 300 damage anyway? If they're to keep it at 300 damage, the epicenter for that effective area needs to be bigger and he needs to recover quicker from landing, otherwise he's as good as dead. Right now Doomfist's ultimate is better as an escape tool than for dealing damage. Every DPS has a better ultimate than him, every single one.

Lastly, Rising Uppercut must have a vertical hitbox added to it.

TLDR: Even when all bugs are fixed, Doomfist will still suck. Fix his ability to stay alive, his main weapon, his uppercut and finally his ultimate = Doomfist not sucking.

INB4 noobs crying about 1 shots every 4 seconds even though RP requires 2 seconds of charge anyway cuz noobs.

From the little bit I've played of DF I actually feel he's much better after a lot of these fixes, the only complaint I have with him is his abilities are his movement so you usually have to use them to get in a fight and then if you get a pick you're stuck there for a good few seconds so you very much have to commit and if you don't get a pick you're dead for nothing and if you do your more than likely just trading. What would be nice is an escape ability that only activates on an elem (somewhat like genji) so when you get a pick you can get out of the fight quickly, while if you don't you're still punishable for the misplay, but it's also not his punch reseting so he's not just combo killing everyone with his one shot ability.
12/29/2017 12:21 PMPosted by SputnikGT
12/29/2017 12:15 PMPosted by Buzzintate
I wish Doomfists shields didn't deteriorate at all

I agree that he needs some work, but that would be pretty broken. I'd just work on the hitboxes and making some of his abilities more reliable.

In theory yes, but there's a cap and those acquired shields rarely survive any encounters anyway.
12/29/2017 12:27 PMPosted by TheRoseEXP
12/29/2017 12:21 PMPosted by SputnikGT

In theory yes, but there's a cap and those acquired shields rarely survive any encounters anyway.

Wow, I misunderstood and thought the shields could be healed back. My bad, dunno how I came to that conclusion. Yeah, I guess that might be ok
12/29/2017 12:26 PMPosted by Kraken
It makes sense that Doomfist's ability hitboxes are huge, considering his own hitbox rivals Zarya's, who is a) a tank, and b) capable of defending herself and allies.

I think that's the main shortcoming with Doomfist. But he's not terrible, just underdeveloped.

But his ability hitboxes aren't huge other than Smash and that's the problem. Rocket Punch's hit box isn't even as big as his actual fist!
Once his remaining bugs have been fixed, then we can worry about buffs.

His body hitboxes could be reduced, definitely, and his shields need a little work, preferably by increasing his max shield cap/gain, and decreasing the rate at which they naturally decay.
He was somewhat decent while he had the huge hitbox. However his other abilities are still very weak.
I'll say it once and say it again!

You cannot make a hero with a hitbox the size of a Tank's hitbox, give them the health of an Attack/Defense character and make them a melee-type hero.

You know what counters Doomfist? Range.

He has the same issues as Reaper, except WORSE considering that his methods of attack are ability dependant and again, his HITBOX.

Zarya: 6'5" with 400 HP (200 Health / 200 Shields).

Doomfist: 7'1" with 250 HP.

So basically, Doomfist is bigger than Zarya...but has none of the bulk necessary to actually survive.

He is a large target who's constantly waiting on cooldowns (including his primary fire) in a game that requires you to be extremely mobile or have great self-sustain plus a strong ranged weapon to survive.

Doomfist has none of these.

And don't get me started about his outrageously telegraphed "I'm going to hit you here so you can avoid me" ultimate.

It says something when I as Ana, who has no effective way of avoiding his ultimate, can simply walk far enough out his range to Sleep Dart him after he lands.

Meteor Strike, in my opinion, is the absolute WORST offensive ultimate in this game.

After all, most people use it to escape rather than attack, which is just awful...

When you play Doomfist you literally have to go in expecting that at any possible moment someone will see you and decide to make your life a living hell.

I don't know why he was nerfed so quickly and carelessly when he was released but really and truly it doesn't take much to realize that Doomfist is essentially a mobile Ult-charge canister.

...and that's terrible.
Ghostpunch fixes are still in PTR along with a bunch of other fixes.
He should be better when they go live but it still might not be enough.
I like the idea of the taking less damage when you're using an ability. Could just add it to his passive and it would compliment what the passive already does.

Good shout OP.
12/29/2017 12:29 PMPosted by TheRoseEXP
12/29/2017 12:26 PMPosted by Kraken

But his ability hitboxes aren't huge other than Smash and that's the problem. Rocket Punch's hit box isn't even as big as his actual fist!

I agree. This is the area that needs the most work regarding Doomfist. Actual balance with his hitboxes.
After he fought one enemy and all of his skills are on CD he is just a sitting duck.
No skills, no ammonution = dead.

He is way too risky. Sometimes I need 30+ seconds to even find an opening to a fight
According to these forums every character is objectively the worst as also objectively overpowered. I don’t know what to believe anymore
I'd love if he were reworked into a brawly tank with more HP and maybe one of his abilities reworked to be more centered around crowd control. His ultimate is already more CC than damage since everyone scatters for it like it's a D.Va bomb.