General Discussion

alright next time a dps and tank goes charging into an enemy team a support shouldn't heal them or try to dmg the other team.
Please let it be sarcasm.
Then no one would want to play supports or tanks. People don't want to play a character or class if they feel like they can't have a big impact on the fight. Such players will feel like a lot is out of their hands, and that's a terrible idea.
Moira says hi. ;]
In a shooter, by design, damage heroes should be the only class that can, single-handedly, change the tide of a match. Shield tanks and supports provide assistance and should be decisive in certain situations.
You can't have dps and anti-dps heroes and call it a shooter.

Or what, the "Game Genre Police" will come to arrest you?

Anyway, newsflash - every hero in OW deals damage.
this isn't CoD, dude.
All characters should be able to change the 'tide of a match'. Overwatch isnt just a typical shooter, which is what I love about it and if you made it that way, nobody would want to play any other character but dps. Which imo isnt the point of Overwatch. Every role should be important and needed, not just be there to assist the dps.
It sounds like you bought the wrong game. Hopefully the place you bought it from will let you have a refund or exchange.
01/06/2018 02:03 PMPosted by TheǺŖƇĤƗŦĔƇŦ
This is why Mercy was broken in v1 and after rework. Too much power for a support whose primary function was to assist.
changing the tide and having the inverse of an unstoppable oneshot are different things.

01/06/2018 02:08 PMPosted by oceanman
this isn't CoD, dude.
this is satire/sarcasm. The OP is trying to make this look like "dpswatch" because Mercy was reworked/nerfed.
In a shooter, by design, damage heroes should be the only class that can, single-handedly, change the tide of a match. Shield tanks and supports provide assistance and should be decisive in certain situations.

... you are aware that proving this idea wrong was a fundamental part of the Overwatch game design since it was in early development, right? And this really isn't the case in most other shooters, either. In TF2, for instance, if one team has a good medic and the other team either has a bad medic or no medic, the team with the good medic is more likely to win.

This is why Mercy was broken in v1 and after rework. Too much power for a support whose primary function was to assist.

You seem to severely lack any knowledge of how a Team functions, unfortunately.

As Pro player Taimou has said, which I wholeheartedly agree with, "What makes or breaks the team... First up is the Tanks, then Supports, and then DPS. And if you have super strong Tanks, super strong Supports, if they work well together you could literally put any person on DPS and you can win."
You're right, Overwatch is more than a shooter. Healers and tanks have been a part of it since launch, so nothing has changed except your tolerance for players doing well with the hero
Lol, Moira both outclasses all healers AND most DPS, there's not one thing balanced about her.

What you fail to realize, is that in this game, both tank picks and support picks are more important than DPS. This is how it stands apart from other shooters, and it's the way it should be. Otherwise everyone would run nothing but 6 DPS comps and be able to win every time.
Just like the man above me said. This isn't Bf1 or COD. It's overwatch.
Also if healers and tanks weren't as viable as dps, you'd have players getting mad at them for "under-performing" which is often the case today. It's a team based game, meaning everyone is equal and having dps be the stars (or any role for that matter) would undermine that philosophy.
01/06/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Atsuka

You seem to severely lack any knowledge of how a Team functions, unfortunately.

As Pro player Taimou has said, which I wholeheartedly agree with, "What makes or breaks the team... First up is the Tanks, then Supports, and then DPS. And if you have super strong Tanks, super strong Supports, if they work well together you could literally put any person on DPS and you can win."

One thing I always notice in my KotH games is that if you have a Reaper in your team, as long as you can keep him up for long enough, eventually he will wipe the enemy team no matter how bad he is. There's other situations of course but that is one that always stands out to me.
I can't tell if this is a brilliant troll that has gone over everyone's heads or something OP legit believes.