Hand/Arm falling asleep mid game

General Discussion
12/14/2017 11:40 AMPosted by APPLEBOMB
Web MD says it's cancer...

No but seriously, it is your arm posture. It used to happen to me as well. If you can try raising/lowering your arm position if you can (by chair arms or other means). I also use an ergonomic keyboard, but I don't think that would make much of a difference in gaming.
Last thing I need...I'm not even 25 and already have Gout and Diabetes... D:
If I had to guess, I'd say your arm position while playing might be putting too much sustained pressure on a nerve.
12/14/2017 11:36 AMPosted by McNutt
The Lancehead is not an ergonomic mouse and it favors fingertip or claw grips. Those grip styles aren't inherently bad (I use fingertip and HATE ergonomic mice), but for you it seems to be having an issue.

If you have a Best Buy or Fry's you could try a mouse and return it if the problem continues. There are tons of ergonomic mice that are great for gaming. Take a few for a spin.
Apparently, the Razer Naga Chroma I've been using since I got my PC is an ergonomic mouse. I've only noticed this happening since I got the Lancehead so I'm starting to think that's the issue. Anyone interested in buying a Lancehead Mouse that's a month old? :P
raise your chair maybe, if your arm has to go up to reach the mouse it can fall asleep and if you have your arm pressed against the hard edge of the desk it can fall asleep.

move your mouse and keyboard further forward on your desk along with your monitor and put your arms on the space you've created.
12/14/2017 11:22 AMPosted by prizim
its not stress, its the blood not reaching your arms and hands. this is unacceptable.

read the article i posted above.

edit: gaming chairs are complete garbage, dont bother with those.

100% agree. Gaming chairs are literally Chinese made knockoff racing seats for a car. But seeing as they do not meet safety standards, they do not sell well because of their illegality and lack of safety. Now they bolted wheels to them so they can sell them to gamers.
12/14/2017 12:11 PMPosted by Blind
its not stress, its the blood not reaching your arms and hands. this is unacceptable.

100% agree. Gaming chairs are literally Chinese made knockoff racing seats for a car. But seeing as they do not meet safety standards, they do not sell well because of their illegality and lack of safety. Now they bolted wheels to them so they can sell them to gamers.
Yea, I never really understood them other than the fact they look really cool (which I'm a sucker for), but I ended up getting a basic office chair which may not be tall enough. So I think I need to invest in a taller chair or lower desk along with going back to the ergonomic mouse I was originally using.

they have those erginomic ones and that's the reason you'd get them over another chair. On an office chair I had before my lower back would always hurt but in the chair I have now (gaming chair) it doesn't.

it also vibrates so that's cool.
12/14/2017 12:21 PMPosted by Terranguard

they have those erginomic ones and that's the reason you'd get them over another chair. On an office chair I had before my lower back would always hurt but in the chair I have now (gaming chair) it doesn't.

What brand do you have that vibrates if you don't mind me asking?
I use the Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum and it's a very comfortable mouse that's never caused any issues for me.
12/14/2017 01:31 PMPosted by Greenche
I use the Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum and it's a very comfortable mouse that's never caused any issues for me.
I'm actually leaning towards that exact one or the Razer Deathadder Elite. I'll probably run to best buy this afternoon and end up getting one.
12/14/2017 12:30 PMPosted by xTwist47
<span class="truncated">...</span>they have those erginomic ones and that's the reason you'd get them over another chair. On an office chair I had before my lower back would always hurt but in the chair I have now (gaming chair) it doesn't.

What brand do you have that vibrates if you don't mind me asking?
https://www.amazon.com/Ficmax-Ergonomic-High-back-Retractible-Footrest/dp/B07228D99F/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?s=furniture&ie=UTF8&qid=1508531625&sr=1-3-spons&keywords=gaming%2Bchair%2Bpc&th=1 the URL is a little long but it's a link to the specific chair I have on amazon. The brand is Ficmax.

the different colors have slightly different prices (varies by about $20) but I think that's just different providers selling it on amazon.
I've got one of those too and it's amazing. I love the dpi shift (you hold a special button near the thumb and it changes your dpi to one you set before and when you let go it stops) and the 4 settings.
...What brand do you have that vibrates if you don't mind me asking?
https://www.amazon.com/Ficmax-Ergonomic-High-back-Retractible-Footrest/dp/B07228D99F/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?s=furniture&ie=UTF8&qid=1508531625&sr=1-3-spons&keywords=gaming%2Bchair%2Bpc&th=1 the URL is a little long but it's a link to the specific chair I have on amazon. The brand is Ficmax.

the different colors have slightly different prices (varies by about $20) but I think that's just different providers selling it on amazon.
Very nice! I may have to get myself that as a christmas present this year lol. I'll definitely check out that mouse as well. I've always been a razer fan, but I've heard logitech is the way to go for mice.
<span class="truncated">...</span>https://www.amazon.com/Ficmax-Ergonomic-High-back-Retractible-Footrest/dp/B07228D99F/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?s=furniture&ie=UTF8&qid=1508531625&sr=1-3-spons&keywords=gaming%2Bchair%2Bpc&th=1 the URL is a little long but it's a link to the specific chair I have on amazon. The brand is Ficmax.

Very nice! I may have to get myself that as a christmas present this year lol. I'll definitely check out that mouse as well. I've always been a razer fan, but I've heard logitech is the way to go for mice.
The vibrator is usb so you might want to order a usb extender if you do and be careful of it wrapping around the chair.
12/14/2017 01:40 PMPosted by Terranguard
I've got one of those too and it's amazing. I love the dpi shift (you hold a special button near the thumb and it changes your dpi to one you set before and when you let go it stops) and the 4 settings.

I actually use that button for E abilities. I've setup different profiles with the top button to cycle through them. One for gaming, numbered the buttons from 6-0 except the top button, allowing me to easily add the keybindings in game.

I used to have separate profiles for each game, but I reinstalled windows and just kept the profiles I have loaded on the mouse instead.
This is due to lack of blood circulation. It is probably because your wrists are being bent in a way that is preventing good oxygen flow. It is the same reason they teach you to type like a spider standing, but 90% of people rest their palms. Not saying you are overweight, but this is an issue for people that are also heavy due to the extra weight put on the veins to pump in blood.

Please be aware, you could build up a blood clot which is a very dangerous condition if it were to reach your heart. I HIGHLY SUGGEST SEEING A DOCTOR and tell them your symptoms and show them EXACTLY HOW YOU PLAY
12/15/2017 07:20 AMPosted by heracles
This is due to lack of blood circulation. It is probably because your wrists are being bent in a way that is preventing good oxygen flow. It is the same reason they teach you to type like a spider standing, but 90% of people rest their palms. Not saying you are overweight, but this is an issue for people that are also heavy due to the extra weight put on the veins to pump in blood.

Please be aware, you could build up a blood clot which is a very dangerous condition if it were to reach your heart. I HIGHLY SUGGEST SEEING A DOCTOR and tell them your symptoms and show them EXACTLY HOW YOU PLAY
I'm underweight if anything lol, but yea I'm going to get an ergonomic mouse today. I had an ergonomic one before I bought the lancehead a month ago which is when I noticed this occuring so I'm thinking that's the issue. If it does continue, I will definitely visit a Dr. :D
This happened to me in my first month of PC gaming, which had me worry for the long term. I just pushed the keyboard and mouse further so half of my arms can rest on the table. It improved a little, but then I got used to it and never happened again, tho my back would hurt a little when I stopped playing

You should buy a gaming chair and always have it higher than your table for gaming comfort. Other than that, You get used to the new posture if you just jumped to PC. Again, i had this same experince, and after the 2nd month NO MORE!
Everybody in this thread is freaking out like they just looked up stuff on WebMD; relax op, you just need to get one of those Widowmaker butt mouse pads.