You want this ESPORT to be taken seriously? Handle XQC.

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 13 Next
12/14/2017 04:02 PMPosted by Eddimame
- plays 10 hours a day
- OWL stress (scrims etc)
- gets a burn out
- gets stream sniped with throwers
- loses his poop
- out of stress he throws

Now yes throwing is bad. But try to imagine being him for a sec. Yes...you see its pretty tough.

Why isnt this understandable? Yes he should get a punishment of some sort (maybe a fine that goes to charity). But banning him? Come on.

How about you get those toxic thrower stream snipers a manual ban? in stead of punishing streamers that get frustrated and do dumb poop

why should we pay for his problems (Mistakes)?
Here's the thing. He had a small ban, thats nothing. I should know, I eat forum suspensions all the time.

Next step? Fine. I'm talking like $1000 and a ban for 2 weeks.

Guy needs a major wake up call.
12/14/2017 02:18 PMPosted by Sovereign
I can literally walk up to anyone on the side of the street who watches sports (football, baseball, basketball, etc) and explain what this guy is doing and they'd be ALARMED that he wasn't removed permanently from the sports league.

This makes me laugh.

1. Please do it and record yourself doing it.
2. You would have to show them instead of explaining because you could exaggerate and be bias against him.
3. "ALARMED" lol
Every sport needs bad boys.
12/14/2017 04:24 PMPosted by TheLichKing
12/14/2017 04:14 PMPosted by PRiMETiME
That video in your first point is seriously disturbing. I'd never heard of him up until yesterday but the young fella definitely has some mental illness that he needs to get under control before it progresses into something worse in his real life and he ruins his life. Sad and a bit scary to see someone act like that with all the jumping around, weird voices, and screaming.

Lmao you sound like an old doomsayer.

I bet your a person who also says "Back in my day, we had to walk to school knee deep in the snow, up the hill, both ways"

That might be true if I lived anywhere near snow.
If the OWL has personal conduct rules he should be suspended or removed.

If not he should be subject to the same horrible report system that only seems to punish off meta players rather than those who really deserve it.
12/14/2017 04:26 PMPosted by BlueMonkey
12/14/2017 04:02 PMPosted by Eddimame
- plays 10 hours a day
- OWL stress (scrims etc)
- gets a burn out
- gets stream sniped with throwers
- loses his poop
- out of stress he throws

Now yes throwing is bad. But try to imagine being him for a sec. Yes...you see its pretty tough.

Why isnt this understandable? Yes he should get a punishment of some sort (maybe a fine that goes to charity). But banning him? Come on.

How about you get those toxic thrower stream snipers a manual ban? in stead of punishing streamers that get frustrated and do dumb poop

why should we pay for his problems (Mistakes)?

Edit: nvm saw a video him expecting an apology from rascal. Hes insane. He should go out some more and leave OW for a few days lol
The thing is, even with that OWL Healthcare package, it apparently does not cover mental health. The very first video linked in this thread with the ban after spamming the symmetra with reports (later retroactively said at 10 minutes into the video as "the guy was throwing it on purpose, its against the spirit of the game"). There was a significant moment of clarity there, trying to say...something that would not be worse for Dallas Fuel and Overwatch (as stated by xQc in that video himself), having to try to speak directly to the crowd.

But then it went from rage to just...depression. Instant change. I don't know much about this guy or the OWL, but good god, -he needs help- if he is actually that hard on himself. Why is his team and his employer not treating that ticking time bomb that is going to explode on stream?
12/14/2017 04:10 PMPosted by TheLichKing
12/14/2017 04:06 PMPosted by Hobotripin
He called another player in game using their text chat a retard, twice.

If the shoe fits....

xQc is fine and is a great guy.

People just need to stop getting triggered so much. He does nothing wrong and should get no ban.

Professionals in other sports act way worse, where's the riots for those people?

Just cause he's better than most people at this game, doesn't mean you have to take em out.

..Are you xQc's alt account? Or his brownnoser?

If someone calls ANYONE a retard, they are NOT 'a great guy' and people being insulted are not being 'triggered'.

Seriously, this is the BS statement of people with their heads so far up their own bum, they have to import sunlight.
'I'm not being a jerk! You're being a triggered snowflake! You need a safe space! NOW GIVE ME MY SAFE SPACE TO BE A DOUCHE!'

He, as a 'professional' (using the term loosely), must be held to a higher moral standing because he represents Blizzard and Overwatch and esports AS A WHOLE.

So yeah, he needs a ban

And no; he's not 'a good guy'.
12/14/2017 03:36 PMPosted by Nobridgibup
12/14/2017 03:35 PMPosted by alfislegend
He doesn't deserve a perma, you're just being dramatic. A stage 1 ban or maybe even a full regular season ban would be appropriate.

Ya but these people are very drastic

Like Tyler1 drastic?
How would it be fair to ban him without banning everyone who trolls him on stream?

I watch his stream when I have free time at work(Computer work, maybe 5-7 hours a week), I am not some dedicated die-hard fan, more importantly I do believe his action on stream is not professional, there is a fine line when it comes to acting/reality and he crosses the line every single time he streams, if he didn't go into match chat and flame people, or into general chat and swear/belittle people for their in-game performance, his "acting" would be legitimate, but he crosses the line when he does those things.

But on the flip side of this argument, his "permanent" ban would be justification to every single person who has trolled, stream sniped him, baited him into arguments, picked hard counters to him and singled him out when he is preforming good(Imagine being a Winston main and queuing into a reaper Roadhog and Zen, every, single, game regardless of the rest of your teams composition, and being focused first every fight)

Take my argument as you will, But you should not call for a permanent ban on someone who "represents the community" when anyone can go on twitch, and watch other people at the highest level of game play (GM/top500) who are also "representing the community" throw and grief his games. I mean when he averages 5k-7k viewers the other 11 people in his game lobby are representing the same community he is and there is NO reason they shouldn't be held to the same standard(because no one deserves special treatment, as you said in the OP)
How did I end up on tumblr? Was I redirected or?
12/14/2017 04:53 PMPosted by LazyTitan
How would it be fair to ban him without banning everyone who trolls him on stream?

I watch his stream when I have free time at work(Computer work, maybe 5-7 hours a week), I am not some dedicated die-hard fan, more importantly I do believe his action on stream is not professional, there is a fine line when it comes to acting/reality and he crosses the line every single time he streams, if he didn't go into match chat and flame people, or into general chat and swear/belittle people for their in-game performance, his "acting" would be legitimate, but he crosses the line when he does those things.

But on the flip side of this argument, his "permanent" ban would be justification to every single person who has trolled, stream sniped him, baited him into arguments, picked hard counters to him and singled him out when he is preforming good(Imagine being a Winston main and queuing into a reaper Roadhog and Zen, every, single, game regardless of the rest of your teams composition, and being focused first every fight)

Take my argument as you will, But you should not call for a permanent ban on someone who "represents the community" when anyone can go on twitch, and watch other people at the highest level of game play (GM/top500) who are also "representing the community" throw and grief his games. I mean when he averages 5k-7k viewers the other 11 people in his game lobby are representing the same community he is and there is NO reason they shouldn't be held to the same standard(because no one deserves special treatment, as you said in the OP)

How dare you be reasonable?
Permanently ban his main account and all known alt accounts, and ban him from professional play for a year. If he has failed to change his behavior in that time, slap him with an indefinite ban on professional play and ban any new accounts.

What's more, make a public statement about his ban and sticky it on the forums. League of Legends works this way, and I've always approved of how they deal with players who behave in that manner.
12/14/2017 03:30 PMPosted by LvL9Drow
Agreed, Blizzard should hold them to a professional standard. They definitely get paid enough.

I too agree they should uphold professionalism. Show some degree of contained/self controlling behavior; it looks good on them as individuals and the Overwatch Esports scene they are involved in and represent. It's better for the playerbase as well; to see/look up to good behavior, which in turn will eliminate some toxicity/childish behavior.
Should he be banned permanently? No. She he be banned for a long time? Yes.

...except we aren't having a conversation about them, no matter easy it would be to shift the focus to the other top 500s/grandmasters.

You say that a permaban would be a justification for everything against. I think you are missing the really important point here: it's not an act. It's not a show. This person, from very limited first glance viewing from an outsider who has to view the Overwatch League through the lens of one of its star players, has a martyrdom complex: watch that first video again and listen. "Why me." "Why am i a scapegoat." "Why do i have to be a scapegoat." "I didn't do anything wrong." "I'm being used."

This goes even further: he acknowledges he is not banned forever, but is literally freaking every moment that it happens, until he literally gets up, out of his chair, showing off his...living situation. "Act like an adult!" is met by "Do I LOOK like an adult!?" and then further suggests he is -not- one.

I'm going to be honest. Just like he was in that video. Talking directly and openly.

There is something very wrong with this streamer. He needs help, and has a HORRIBLE self-view/confidence. "Your actions don't matter if you don't have views."

I feel horrified because it looks and sounds like he's only realizing what is wrong after all this time, and he is just now noticing that it's all being broadcast and recorded, that his life is this now, and it's kind of breaking him. If you're a fan of his, DOES THIS LOOK LIKE AN ACT!?

I feel bad. He needs help. He is severely bipolar or worse here, and this is coming from someone who has severe bipolar problems much like that massive swing. I can empathize with the extreme swing. It looks like he isn't in control of it.

EDIT: To add, the thing I'm trying to get at is that he's an OWL Player, employeed by an OWL Team, with FULL HEALTH BENEFITS. He should be under watch by his employer, because it seems like he's being abused to the point where it actually is hindering his performance and well being. He doesn't need a permaban as much as he really needs to be either given that mental health checkup his employer needs to give him, or be let off. This is an PR/HR nightmare.
It's only a game, why do you have to be mad?

Seriously though, you seem to be taking this very hard. Maybe go for a walk, have a sprite, jack it one good time.
Either don't do anything or you do the same thing to all bad players. The fact that Blizzard put a ban on torb mains who try to win a match but leaving a BS thrower intact is very disturbing.

Thanks for the first intelligent post in this thread.