Should I ult as Zen to save myself?

General Discussion
I know this depends on the situation but I hardly play zenyatta and would like to get better with him, I know the basics like ult when Genji ults or ult when your team is in a grav but most of the time I end up saving my ult for too long :/
Hmmm, it sounds like your other healer isn't assisting you as much as they should. You should be the other healers #1 priority.
If you have to use it just to save yourself, you're better off not using it at all. Save it for your team.
If you are the last alive, definitely don't

if your entire team could use some healing, definitely do
I just had this happen..I'm harrassing Zen in D. Va and he ulted to save himself.
I dont play Zenyatta very often but how I see it is if you use it to save yourself and dont have it later for genji/zarya, you're !@#$ed, but if you don't use it to save yourself, the genji or zarya can just ult while you're dead. Kinda damned if you do damned if you don't
Should only be used for a push / against a push or to deny other Ults.

Using it to save your own hide...... that's a paddling.
If you know you can stall long enough for your team to come back, sure.

If not, I'd save it.

Nothing wrong with saving your Ult to counter another.

I once saved my Ult the entire match because I knew the enemy Genji hadn't used his. He ended up using it on point during Overtime in hopes of taking the point, but I Trans'd against him and we won.

He then proceeded to yell and cuss at me in match chat, lol.
No, never, nope.
Zen's ult has too much value to the larger team on a coordinated push or to save the team from burst damage to burn just to save himself.

When I am on Zen and about to get whacked by myself I take my death like a man. That death is usually partly my own fault - out of position, pushing ahead of the tank, etc. I'll save the ult when it can benefit multiple team members.

By the same token - I love seeing a Zen on the opposing team 'panic' ult. Let's me know they wont have it again for a little bit and our team and push them that much harder.
With Mercy in every game, probably not, she can just rezz you.
I'd suggest using it to save yourself if it's overtime and you need to contest for 5 seconds for your team to return. Same deal with Lucio. Other than that, I wouldn't.
12/17/2017 02:41 PMPosted by Zac
If you know you can stall long enough for your team to come back, sure.

If not, I'd save it.

Nothing wrong with saving your Ult to counter another.

I once saved my Ult the entire match because I knew the enemy Genji hadn't used his. He ended up using it on point during Overtime in hopes of taking the point, but I Trans'd against him and we won.

He then proceeded to yell and cuss at me in team chat, lol.

how could he yell at you in team chat? He would have been on the opposing team, and not in your team chat.
Unless you mean, he typed at you in the match chat.
It depends on the situation.

Yes using it to stall is kind of cheap, but if you know your team is going to be coming back with ults of their own, using the 6 seconds of Trans to ensure your team gets there, and positioning yourself where they'll be coming in, is always an option but you're going to have to time it in a way that is what you get out of it. Overall I don't recommend doing that, you don't want to be the only one who gets value. If you're respawning with your team and you go ahead to contest the point with Trans the rest of your team will follow and you're buying time, and if you're where they're all coming from you can guarantee they get on the point.

If you're dying and you do a quick look around and see a few criticals on your screen, go ahead especially when you know otherwise it'd be a lost battle. Using it in combo with other ults, following Genji around with blade, standing over Reaper as he blossoms, and hanging out near Pharah as she ults is just as useful as following the enemy Genji with blade, over enemy Reaper with blossom ect.

Also, remember Noon, D.va bomb, tire and pulsebomb, can't be countered by Trans, they do more damage than trans heals. Whole Hog and Primal Rage are more CC oriented Ults, and I don't recommend using trans there either, you can easily just be knocked away from your team.
Yeah, match. Sorry, lol.
obviously the best way to use transcendence is to get into the battle faster, so save it for when you respawn and need to catch up [/s]
I think it's more valuable for countering the enemies ults. Zen takes a lot of game sense, especially game sense when knowing which enemy heroes have their ults and k owing when they are coming.
12/17/2017 02:53 PMPosted by Kajabuubuu
obviously the best way to use transcendence is to get into the battle faster, so save it for when you respawn and need to catch up [/s]

*uses EMP to double jump across the gap on Lijiang Tower Gardens to get to the point faster*

My translocator was on cooldown, meh
If using the ult would get you back to your team (who is for the most part still alive) and leave enemy heroes out of position since they expected to be able to kill you and now can't, then it's worth it.