What if we had old Mercy now?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Just think. What could possibly be the situation between supports? I think she wouldnt be a must pick which is basically what we want, but still rather viable. Ana got a damage buff and Moira was added so I think we would see some pretty good variety to the support class. She might have needed the invis to go away and maybe given her a 50% damage reduction instead but thats about it. At least thats what I think.
Highly Rated
I'd be pretty happy.
My face if the developers reverted Mercy at this time:
https://imgur.com/9jT36y6
12/31/2017 03:42 PMPosted by Titanium
My face if the developers reverted Mercy at this time:
https://imgur.com/9jT36y6
Titanium your posts make me smile.

Anyways, it would be the golden age of the healing cast tbh. There would be balance, people are too afraid to admit it me thinks.
If we had old Mercy, the game would reach one step closer to perfection in terms of balancing. With Mercy reverted, Ana buffed and Symmetra reworked, that would make both the Tank and Support class perfectly balanced.

From there: Sombra and Mei need to be buffed/reworked, and Junkrat needs to be adjusted a little bit.

At that point, the game would be in a really really good spot in terms of balancing.
I’m only for this if they nerf her again
If we had old Mercy now a lot of souls would be happy, but mine will be the happiest.
The world would find balance once again, following the return of the only one who could bend all four elements of the team, only a true support could take on the Dps army... But one hundred levels ago, she vanished...
12/31/2017 03:47 PMPosted by Mercy

What happened to you... I used to see such positive light in your posts...
Agreed. Mercy is a must pick and the old mercy wouldn’t be as op if she was brought back. Maybe bring a .5 - 1 second cast time to the old Rez, probably a bad idea but it would be a way to counter as she uses it.
Moira would probably be a smidgen overtuned, but barely if at all. The rest of supports would be viable, and I'd be a mercy main again.

Whipping out that pistol to fight my way in and make that 2 or 3 tempo rez was beautiful. Being forced to make tempo rezzes with my "win-a-teamfight-free" card, and having it basically handed to me with minimal effort, is well, less fun.

Old Mercy is missed.
If they reverted Mercy I think there would be more happy people than if they just continued to eternally nerf her.
12/31/2017 03:48 PMPosted by ChibiFox
The world would find balance once again, following the return of the only one who could bend all four elements of the team, only a true support could take on the Dps army... But one hundred levels ago, she vanished...

Wait, you mean Mercy 1.0 was Offense, defense, tank and support a the same time :O no wonder there are so many of us, Mercy mains, we're basically a whole team on our own!
Reverting an entire team wipe at the click of the button is unfun and unfair. One takes skill and coordination to use properly and one is just hide in the corner and press q. Please now
12/31/2017 03:45 PMPosted by WhateverAlex
Titanium your posts make me smile.
I'm glad. :)
12/31/2017 03:45 PMPosted by WhateverAlex
Anyways, it would be the golden age of the healing cast tbh. There would be balance, people are too afraid to admit it me thinks.
Wholeheartedly agree.
12/31/2017 03:46 PMPosted by VMajoris
If we had old Mercy, the game would reach one step closer to perfection in terms of balancing. With Mercy reverted, Ana buffed and Symmetra reworked, that would make both the Tank and Support class perfectly balanced.

From there: Sombra and Mei need to be buffed/reworked, and Junkrat needs to be adjusted a little bit.

At that point, the game would be in a really really good spot in terms of balancing.
Don't forget about Bastion!
12/31/2017 03:47 PMPosted by Mercy
Fairly certain they will. As in, despite all of the feedback asking for a revert/another rework, they'll probably just slap a nerf on and call it a day like they did the past two times.
12/31/2017 03:47 PMPosted by MaxedMelon
If we had old Mercy now a lot of souls would be happy, but mine will be the happiest.
I will fight you for that title. Mercy 1v1 if they revert.
"We went through all of that trouble just to go back to square one"
12/31/2017 03:54 PMPosted by Aleks
Reverting an entire team wipe at the click of the button is unfun and unfair. One takes skill and coordination to use properly and one is just hide in the corner and press q. Please now
If Mercy was hiding in a corner, why'd you blow ults in a 6v5 in your favor? Something about coordination? If you had it, you wouldn't have expended ults in that scenario.
12/31/2017 03:58 PMPosted by Fireboy769
"We went through all of that trouble just to go back to square one"
Or "We went through all that trouble and realized that things were not working as we intended them to. We hope that we can learn from our mistakes and do better next time."
12/31/2017 03:51 PMPosted by Jsleezy
Moira would probably be a smidgen overtuned, but barely if at all. The rest of supports would be viable, and I'd be a mercy main again.

Whipping out that pistol to fight my way in and make that 2 or 3 tempo rez was beautiful. Being forced to make tempo rezzes with my "win-a-teamfight-free" card, and having it basically handed to me with minimal effort, is well, less fun.

Old Mercy is missed.

This. I think the only reason there's not a general consensus to tune down one aspect of Moira ever so slightly is the prevalence of Mercy. If Mercy wasn't overpowered Moira overshadows Zen, Lucio and Ana a tiny bit.
Old Mercy was perfectly well balanced. Balance also had nothing to do with her needing the rework.