I want my Diamond back.

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I want to be in GM, I carry every game and play flexible. But no to be in kids rating aka "plat"
What really blows my mind, is how u ended up higher than 3000 to start with. I looked at your profile and I'm confused. I'm not saying u r bad, I'm just confused with difference in our game profiles.
Did u get over 3000 in placements?
I'm gonna be pretty straightforward here regarding how this looks to me. Just my opinion and I don't mean to sound too negative.

12/14/2017 06:58 PMPosted by sopkah
So tell me. What happened? Why did I lose all of my skill even though I tried my absolute best in every game? How can my SR decrease suddenly overshadow my SR increase drastically after my previously stated achievement and slow but consistent build-up?

Ok, I'm looking at your Overbuff profile: https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/sopkah-1871?mode=competitive

you've been playing Genji with 14 average elims and 0.17 average gold medals per game. Alright, medals don't really matter, that's true, but if you're consistently getting none of them and consistently getting massively less than other players of your chosen hero, it means that someone else in your team is taking the burden of the DPS job.

On Hanzo it isn't much better. Nor on Reaper.

Looking at stats, you seem to be playing an OK Winston. Is Winston something you perhaps swap to when things aren't going too well? That'd explain the losses - though given that we've this small sample size, the losses can just be due to bad luck.

Anyway I'm simply not seeing anything to support the notation that you played your chosen heroes better than the average at your rank. You should record your games and ask someone to review them for you if you don't want to review them yourself. There are nice, friendly Discord servers around, like Skyline's Discord.

Seriously, take some videos, watch through those, and be critical of your own plays. Don't blame it on the teammates. Try and see what you could have done better and I'm pretty sure you'll improve pretty fast.
Man i finished my placements and got placed at 3.2k, ever since i finished the placements (8w/2d) i lost like 5 games in a row and hovered around 3100-3200 for 1 week, after that i queued up with some friends , i had my fun but i ended at around 2.9k.
I then followed the streak and went as low as 2.6k. After 2 whole weeks of tryharding i managed to get back to 3.1k only to the fall back to 2.9k.
Now you might say im inconsistent and that's partly true (as is the case with most Diamonds) because when i started going up and down all the time , i took the chance to play with other picks i like but avoided in comp (Genku, Junkrat).
In less words i do find this season to be kind of a "weird" or "troll" season as far as MM goes but it's nothing that blizzard can really do about it other than avoiding the promotions they do too often lately (especially the 50% one) cause more accounts means more smurfs , means more people that don't care about picking whatever they want and lose.
I could just sit on my 76 and Cree in which im performing at a Masters level 9 out of 10 games according to sources such as Oversumo but since i have such good performances and only stand on 55% winrate on both of them , i'd rather practice my 3rd and 4th picks that i wanna improve on. So i decided to stop caring about winning and focus on getting ready for the next season by adding more strong picks to my already kinda large pool (about 3 heroes per role).
I will admit tho, not caring about the SR 100% (not to the point you'll troll tho) makes you play better cause you're way less stressed so just try to have fun and focus on your gameplay.
Cheers.
12/15/2017 01:23 AMPosted by TacoKing
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760835925

I know about this, also i know when im not the problem and i definetly know when im being egoistic or salty (rarely lately, although plat players trigger me easily i guess).

No matter what you do just remember this, you are only 1 piece of the team, 1/6th and that's about 16% game impact. Of course you can get way more, as shown in cards for example Hanzo dmg done 35% of team damage. That's a lot more than 16% but it's still less than 50% and nowhere near 100%. You kinda control your win/defeats in a good way but it still comes down to luck or who throws/tilts first.
12/15/2017 01:45 AMPosted by iDiez
No matter what you do just remember this, you are only 1 piece of the team, 1/6th and that's about 16% game impact. Of course you can get way more, as shown in cards for example Hanzo dmg done 35% of team damage. That's a lot more than 16% but it's still less than 50% and nowhere near 100%. You kinda control your win/defeats in a good way but it still comes down to luck or who throws/tilts first.

When you play several hundred games, luck gets factored out. You are the only constant factor in the game.
Pretty clear you are a thrower here are your top 4 played heroes stats
Winston 33% win rate
Doomfist 32% win rate 1.31 kd
Genji 18% win rate 1.49 kd
Hanzo 10% win rate 1.45 kd

Blame yourself for the drop for playing characters you are clearly not good at. Why would you keep playing Hanzo when you almost never win with him?
If you look at your stats you will find the answer. Unfortunate people like to blame their losses on others, and yes a % of the time this will be true, however, it's up to the player to change his or her fate when there isn't a leaver or troll teammate. It's not easy to admit that you are the problem, but it's the only way to improve if that's what you actually want.

ELIMINATIONS
TOP 71%

K/D RATIO
TOP 78%

DAMAGE
TOP 64%

BLOCKED
TOP 23%

HEALING
TOP 74%

MEDALS
TOP 93%
I will say the ladder as a whole became more difficult this season by a long shot.

I was plat last season no problem and now just got back into gold. I see tons of people on average about 500 SR lower than they were last season.

2000 is the new 2500. It's quite clear to me that the bottom of the ladder dropped out. I'll put it to you this way. I have seen competent widows sub 2000 this season....

Last season you didnt see widows worth a damn till at LEAST 2300 during season 6.
You can get back pretty easily where you were if you diserve it
if your a diamond you should have no problem with golds, its a whole 2 ranks below you, you should be able to carry no problem.
12/15/2017 06:33 AMPosted by Firehawk
if your a diamond you should have no problem with golds, its a whole 2 ranks below you, you should be able to carry no problem.

Carrying in Overwatch isn't a thing.
12/15/2017 07:54 AMPosted by tarre

If you're a Diamond DPS and can play most of the DPS characters to a decent degree, you should be able to pick one that is particularly good for the map/comp and consistently outplay the enemy team and consistently get the first picks of any fight.

It is very much a thing. Just like every other competitive team game.
same thing happens to me every season, op. I get placed and climb a bit then drop roughly 500 SR, i usually make it back, or reach a season high, but its awfully grindy. I think its worse this season because everybody i used to group with has quit playing overwatch, which i can't really blame them for. A role select/preference might help, idk.

The ladders are becoming more and more spread apart as of late. A legit diamond dps WILL absolutely carry a low gold match period end of story. If they cant they arent diamond material sorry to say.

As someone that was in silver for quite some time this season the difference between high silver and low silver is quite vast. It used to be that low gold and high bronze was about the same that aint the case anymore.

I was pretty much solo carrying low silver games when I qued up with a bronze buddy.
I've fallen this season from my high of 3519, down to around 2900. Back at low diamond atm, but finding it tough to be motivated to play. That week stretch where I lost ~600 SR was possibly the most unenjoyable gaming experience I've had. As many others have said, 90% of those loses felt like the game was over in the character select screen. Just rolling the dice and hoping you get put on the more competent team as most games are a stomp in one direction or the other.
I don't think anyone checked out the OP's profile, but the heroes he's picking he has less than a 33% win rates.

Loosing almost 1k SR is impossible unless you're intentionally throwing or you're playing with your left hand like I am. I don't think people understand just how bad Gold players are mechanically, and that a mid Diamond player would never get stuck here in Gold.

I went from mid masters to 2200 in Gold because I play with my left hand, but it took me so long to get here. I've been stuck in gold for over a month now, so I can say that people stuck in Gold suck in multiple ways, but most of all mechanically. I know how bad they are because I can out perform Gold players with my Left hand, which isn't my dominant hand and it's my first time ever gaming with my left.
Don't get discouraged. I was in the same boat this season. Started out at Diamond and fell down to 2500 very quickly. At one point I only had a measly 33% win rate. But I kept my head cool, started communicating more in comms and flexed a lot more, which can be detrimental considering you are risking more by doing so. In the end it was worth it though because I brought my win rate back up to ~50% and climbed back into Diamond in a couple weeks.

Also, I agree with AnsatsuKen above. OP's hero selection is very suspect considering top 5 hero times are Winston, Doomfist, Genji and Hanzo and all are in the low 30% win rates with his Hanzo having an absolutely awful win rate of 10% with 1hr of play time.

I suggest trying more consistent dps pick and maybe flex to a support once in awhile so others can have a crack at dps since it's obvious OP is not bringing much consistency in the way of DPS.